Keep a Word, Drop a Word #2

S4GRU

investigation report

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Bummer we lost continuity... any ways...

GREEN CARD

Posted desde el htcEVO4g usando Tapatalk 2.0

Long legs

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g LTE using Forum Runner

Magic Mike

Did I miss something here?

Puppet Master

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• T-Mobile already didn't do n41 at the more rural Shentel sites they picked up.  (They also didn't deploy it on some of the new-build sites they did during the merger build-a-palooza outside of the Shentel region.) I was actually thinking about this yesterday.  We'll have to see what commitments they make to the FCC when they file.  They may commit to providing n41--or at least, FWA--to x number of people, which could lead to a more significant n41 build-out than we would otherwise expect.  I remember being surprised by the amount of n41 they did in rural areas (like building n41 in Keysville, where I'm pretty sure the number of T-Mobile and Sprint customers approaches zero) when they were working on Sprint/Shentel's rural areas, and it had to do with FCC commitments.  - Trip
    • Etner thinks T-Mobile got UScellular cheap: https://www.mobileworldlive.com/t-mobile-us/t-mobile-us-strikes-4-4b-deal-to-buy-uscellular-mobile-assets/
    • Actually is another choice: vary the amount of mimo based on likely demand.
    • Yep, there may be an exception, but basically keep all the blue USC sites on this map and broadcast both PLMN's for awhile until it all sorts out.  Use the spectrum to favor 5G as it will be more popular in the next year.  Maybe just equip lightly for LTE as it is all but going to disappear.  It is mostly rural, so maybe they might not want to do n-41 heavily at some sites.