Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

I have read that it will have the coverage of the current 3g footprint, so everywhere you currently have 3g you should expect to have LTE b26.

If that's true then I'll have lte on B26 pretty much everywhere. When they turn it on 100%

Sent from my HTC One M8

I have read that it will have the coverage of the current 3g footprint, so everywhere you currently have 3g you should expect to have LTE b26.

B26 should meet or exceed current EVDO coverage. It should meet and possibly exceed current 1x1900 (voice) coverage, but it's still unclear if that will be the case. Either way, it will expand on the B25 footprint. 

I've been getting more b25 at my house but spotty one bar. Still 5 down and up. That's a sign they are improving something lol or my M8 is trying to beat a N5 in rf performance.

Sent from my HTC One M8

? Do you mean b26?

I live off cedar lane rd by capris pizza and I've noticed my phone jumping back a d forth between b25 and 3g a lot in the last day or so. I'm guessing Sprint is upgrading another tower near me or tuning them, although I ha ent seen anymore B26 lately :(

Sent from my HTC One M8

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've seen b26 and b25 a good bit but I have yet to see (haven't actually been looking at signal check) for b41. My speeds avg 8 or so. Although I'd like to see b41 sometime, only time that I know I've even been on it was in Bristol,TN at the speedway.

Sent from a Note 4

I'm in the travelers rest area, 85% of the time I'm on b25 or b26

Sent from a Note 4

Yeah i passed thru Greenville and Spartanburg county and ever since 26 came live LTE is strong and everywhere but i would kind of figured 41 would at least have came live by now in Greenville at least since it has a high population unless its restricted

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Edited by jimmyray1990

I agree, atleast downtown would have it, and woodruff road (very busy shopping area of you don't know *never go there on holiday you will sit in traffic for ever*) I'm happy I have lte really haha. I usually out speed verizon and att by a few mbps, tmobile is faster if you get lte haha.

Sent from a Note 4

Yeah i know i am down here visiting family 41 is everywhere almosy in NC but soon as you pass the state line along 85 its all 25 and now 26 i wonder if SC has like a restriction on the 2.5ghz 41 frequency

No restrictions, likely the SC markets were not as high on the priority list as the NC markets, therefore the B41 deployment has been much less. Going into next year, we should see B41 deployment ramp up across all markets.

Ah okay i know looking at the coverage maps all the spark coverage looks like it gets to the SC state line and just borders it except for Rock Hill dunno what is special there

That area is technically part of the Charlotte market, so deployment there doesn't reflect the state of the other SC markets.