Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

My speeds have gone from 20+ to 2mbps with good signal in the past month.  I managed 6mbps on a Sunday in the Vista but that was it...

I'll be calling CTMS tomorrow hopefully and getting some information.  LTE with 1bar (-110-115 dbm) is aweful and usually not stable enough to stream audio.

Edited by AJColaSC
  • Like 2

My speeds have gone from 20+ to 2mbps with good signal in the past month. I managed 6mbps on a Sunday in the Vista but that was it...

I'll be calling CTMS tomorrow hopefully and getting some information. LTE with 1bar (-110-115 dbm) is aweful and usually not stable enough to stream audio.

I know the LTE is not on at the site on the VA building on Assembly yet. But they did turn it on the Claire Towers Site that covers in to the vista.

Posted Image

I work in the Suggs & Kelly building on the corner of Taylor and Huger. Notice my signal bar? That happens all throughout the day. Also I live around the Harbison Piney Grove area and when they first flipped the switch on LTE I was getting one bar at home but still 15+Mbps. Now strangely enough I am getting three to four bars and I average around 3 Mbps down. I can't buy that the towers are overloaded already with all the new technology they switched out. I've used all of the other big three and they all get 4 times as fast LTE as Sprint is doing now for some reason. How come they aren't over loaded?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Over here near W End Ave in Anderson I've picked up LTE on my G2.

The Carolina Circle Tower they were 'in the process of upgrading' and then 'not scheduled to be upgraded until end of spring/beginning of summer, must have been getting upgraded after all. I'm actually surprised I locked on to a signal.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can someone delete the picture in post #13? It drives me crazy seeing it in Tapatalk all the time

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I've deleted it. But it's still appearing. Hopefully it will go away after a reboot or something.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Can someone delete the picture in post #13? It drives me crazy seeing it in Tapatalk all the time

In Tapatalk you can remove preview images. Hit the back button until you back out of S4GRU and get to your forums list. Click on the menu button and select settings. Unselect Topic Images in both Image Load Preferences and Slow Connections. Now hillbilly boy will go away forever!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

In Tapatalk you can remove preview images. Hit the back button until you back out of S4GRU and get to your forums list. Click on the menu button and select settings. Unselect Topic Images in both Image Load Preferences and Slow Connections. Now hillbilly boy will go away forever!Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Amazing!! Thanks!

Anyone seen any improvements in the Columbia/Lexington areas that seem to be getting all these 800 MHz updates? I live int DT Columbia so I haven't been around any of them to see.

Once I pick up the M8 in a couple weeks I'll let you know.

Sent from my Rooted and S-off'd HTC ONE running ViperONE 5.8.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I done get lte. I'm in a "fair" area. I'd rather have decent speed with B26 that ha e B25 or B41 insane speed that's spotty. Just curious to see how B26 performs when they flip it on.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I have read that it will have the coverage of the current 3g footprint, so everywhere you currently have 3g you should expect to have LTE b26.