Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It makes more sense for Greenville to get it first with it being a bigger city but I was expecting Spartanburg and Anderson first because we were announced first.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It makes more sense for Greenville to get it first with it being a bigger city but I was expecting Spartanburg and Anderson first because we were announced first.

Agreed since Greenville is larger but who knows lol. The haywood Rd LTE wS down when I went by to map it today. But did A little more riding around and mapped more LTE.

post-4420-0-99843200-1373998932_thumb.png

It's weird that the LTE popped up in Greenville "not complain what so ever!" But Anderson and Spartanburg were the ones listed as LTE sites

Not really that weird. Once you understand how Sprint is doing the upgrades, it makes perfect sense. For one, they are upgrading their entire network, so they throw the upgrades at each tower as soon as possible, which means that once permits, equipment, man power, backhaul etc. are in place, they upgrade it!

Also, Sprint is working on whole markets at a time, rather than individual cities or population centers. When upgrades start, it's almost a shotgun pattern on the map, with an update here, an update there, until it starts to fill in. 

Spartanburg and Anderson were announced because they *think* there will be a launchable amount of service there first, likely because it takes fewer sites to provide that kind of coverage than it does in Greenville.

Also, the marketing push is a little hit and miss on the communities they announce. Sometimes areas are launched with no prior announcement (ie Lansing MI, Fond du Lac WI) or go months and months and months after the announcement before any work shows up (Frederick MD).

• Like 1

I rode around more today, checking to see if anything new.... :( nope. Anyone over near cherrydale have any?

none at cherrydale as of today.  In Greer I had no data for the most part of the day today, and the 4g tower in Lyman/Duncan had no 4g and slow CDMA data :td:  Hopefully thing will progress in the upstate.

none at cherrydale as of today.  In Greer I had no data for the most part of the day today, and the 4g tower in Lyman/Duncan had no 4g and slow CDMA data :td:  Hopefully thing will progress in the upstate.

Yeah I was over there and tested it too, speeds weren't that good last time I was there on 3G, wondering what the hold up is on the LTE. At work was on 1x most of the day, needless to say I was not happy about it. 

There's been no signs of 4G down by me at I-385 and Butler Rd / Woodruff Rd... although I did run a whopping speed test showing my stellar 0.1 MB/s download speed!

I'm hoping it rolls out soon because my call quality and reception have been almost non-existent.

Getting a 4g signal in some parts here in Greenville, SC!

What parts?

Also there is 4g on west Georgia rd and Augusta rd, sensorly was acting up buy will map that when I get a chance

sa6ymy5u.jpg

There's also a patch near Haywood Mall. And it's very fast, check my speed test a few posts above.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2

Love to see this!  I will get to have some Greenville LTE tonight.  I have a thing to go to at the Irish Pup that is sitting in a hot bed of LTE.  Hopefully the LTE network will grow some more in the coming weeks.  A employee of mine said he is getting LTE off Rutherford near downtown.  I will try to show him how to map this.