Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I, too, have both an iPhone and android (5s and g2). I get bored every now and then and swap phones. Sprint.com/activate takes less than 1 minute to do the switch. No phone calls needed. It's almost faster than swapping SIM cards.

There is no activation fee for doing this? I've always wondered if I ever got a Triband device if they would charge me to switch phones. I wouldn't mind trying out a Triband device one day, if I could afford to buy one off contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is no activation fee for doing this? I've always wondered if I ever got a Triband device if they would charge me to switch phones. I wouldn't mind trying out a Triband device one day, if I could afford to buy one off contract.

No. The activation fee is only for the initial purchase/activation. Swapping phones won't incur additional charges.

• Like 1

There is no fee for swapping devices. The only time you get charged a fee is when buying a phone *from Sprint* and activating it for the first time. If you buy one from Google, or on ebay, craigslist, etc. there is no fee.

• Like 3

There is no fee for swapping devices. The only time you get charged a fee is when buying a phone *from Sprint* and activating it for the first time. If you buy one from Google, or on ebay, craigslist, etc. there is no fee.

i did not know that. Thank you

• Like 1

i did not know that. Thank you

Also can *openly* enroll in TEP when you swap also.

Didn't know it doesn't warrant an activation fee when you get a Google Play device. I've always been against activation fees on upgrades... but they're usually waived through some deal with new customers. That never sat well with me.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Also can *openly* enroll in TEP when you swap also.

Didn't know it doesn't warrant an activation fee when you get a Google Play device. I've always been against activation fees on upgrades... but they're usually waived through some deal with new customers. That never sat well with me.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

They had me on TEP when I got my 5S. I told them I don't want it. Decided to get applecare+ anyways so I cancelled the TEP. 11$ bucks a month over 2 years wasn't worth it to me when I can get a new phone at $79 if mine is irreparably damaged, or $49 screen replacement. Both of those would have cost me 200 bucks deductible AND I have to wait for their insurance company to "approve " my claim. Pass.

• Like 2

They had me on TEP when I got my 5S. I told them I don't want it. Decided to get applecare+ anyways so I cancelled the TEP. 11$ bucks a month over 2 years wasn't worth it to me when I can get a new phone at $79 if mine is irreparably damaged, or $49 screen replacement. Both of those would have cost me 200 bucks deductible AND I have to wait for their insurance company to "approve " my claim. Pass.

AppleCare is nice, just don't lose your phone. That's the only reason I don't have it.

• Like 1

AppleCare is nice, just don't lose your phone. That's the only reason I don't have it.

Yeh, if I ever lose it findmyiphome can help me find it and hopefully the person that took/found it will give it back without complications.

• Like 1

That's my only fear though Device manager is the same for me. And at $11* 14 months left for full upgrade for me, comes to $155 ish. G2 still valued at around $290 for mint condition, factoring in the fact that the slightest screen crack could land me a paper weight, I just chose the easiest route for me. Mileage and preference varies.

Didn't know the claim had a yay or nay approval process. That seems shady to me, I may just cancel it down the line once the cost to benefit/risk evens out in my eyes

I connected to band 41 today at the intersection of Wells road and Blanding Blvd.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/748393330

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/748393916

Looks like Sprint's plan is working. Near the mall b41 is getting a lot of use. Anyone who's ever been to the Orange park mall knows it was desperately needed.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Tonight when I was returning to town, I called my son with his Galaxy 3 with my Galaxy 3 and I think I was hearing HD Voice for the first time....  Does HD Voice work just between cell phones or with other phones as well??  It was amazingly clear quality...

Anyway...  I was amazed and could hear the quality...

Any others around here notice since it was turned on last week along with Spark????

Twice today I've had B26 off 295 on the Westside, after dropping off, it's been a pain just trying to reestablish a Lte connection.

• Like 4

Twice today I've had B26 off 295 on the Westside, after dropping off, it's been a pain just trying to reestablish a Lte connection.

How awesome! B26 in Florida. Come on march! I'm counting on you

• Like 2

:frantic:  :banana:

Awesome! any 1x800 in Jax as well? Hopefully it will start creeping down to Orlando in the next few weeks

• Like 1

The tower at JTB and I-95 is now broadcasting LTE. It's the tower on top of the Marriott Hotel. It's been "In Progress" for like 6 months+

Yup. I was actually in the area, holding my phone, waiting for my wife and noticing how terrible my data speeds were on the legacy site (was in the same exact spot yesterday, too), when my EVDO switched over to a stronger signal and then LTE popped up and stayed on. This area has zero LTE and terrible EVDO up until today. It was crazy to watch it happen. Lol.

I ran a speed test and it hit 37mbps, the theoretical max for 5x5mhz FDD-LTE B25. It had just fired up and I was first to the party (at least on that sector).

• Like 1

The tower at JTB and I-95 is now broadcasting LTE. It's the tower on top of the Marriott Hotel. It's been "In Progress" for like 6 months+

Keep filling in those gaps.

It appears that LTE on the site at JTB and I-95 is only 3G currently. It had LTE broadcasting when it came online yesterday. I'm guessing they still have some testing/accepting to do on that particular site. I haven't been back over there to check it.

It appears that LTE on the site at JTB and I-95 is only 3G currently. It had LTE broadcasting when it came online yesterday. I'm guessing they still have some testing/accepting to do on that particular site. I haven't been back over there to check it.

Yeah I noticed that too.

I'm here at the jax landing and b41 is running like a champ on my n5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What's the speeds looking like?

What's the speeds looking like?

I stopped running speed tests again to me there's no point. In not going to get over 60mb. I used to use it to see how a particular site was running. Now since I have widespread LTE I can do anything that needs to be done on my phone.

I live in this area and B41 runs anywhere from 40-65mbps, depending on signal strength and the time of day.

True it's fast. Didn't have any problems updating my Google apps and watching YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I look forward to not being obsessed with speed tests because I will just know that I am going to have exceptional to amazing and reliable speeds.

That day will come. Hopefully soon this march. Glad to see Gainesville is doing so well over there

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 2