Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I got that text last night from Sprint. I am guessing they are trying to prevent people from jumping ship since the last earnings report showed a higher than expected number of customer losses.

I got that text last night from Sprint. I am guessing they are trying to prevent people from jumping ship since the last earnings report showed a higher than expected number of customer losses.

Or maybe in 2014 they want to keep their customers informed about the network upgrades. Since the other carriers are publicly stating what they are doing.

Or maybe in 2014 they want to keep their customers informed about the network upgrades. Since the other carriers are publicly stating what they are doing.

Probably just trying to hold people over like others have suggested.  Pretty sure T-Mobile is sucking up a lot of the people that are on the fence, for better or worse.

Probably just trying to hold people over like others have suggested. Pretty sure T-Mobile is sucking up a lot of the people that are on the fence, for better or worse.

True. I forgot about the etf deal. I'm NOT going anywhere anytime ever. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Every morning for the past week, when I leave my house and go from the Airave to the Sprint network, I get an EHRPD data connection error. The 3G signal is there and I can make calls and surf internet and such, but until I toggle airplane mode, I cannot get rid of the error message.

When I do toggle airplane mode, I immediately go back to 4G signal.

Any ideas on what I should have Sprint look at?

Probably just trying to hold people over like others have suggested.  Pretty sure T-Mobile is sucking up a lot of the people that are on the fence, for better or worse.

Transparency would make a huge huge difference for a lot of people. They can't afford to leave us blinded anymore. Apple can do it because they're the #1 company in the world, and well...It's Apple and people are somehow just programmed to want the next thing they produce. However, Sprint is not Apple. 

They need to inform customers about upgrades in their area on a weekly basis, preferably even set up a system that can monitor recent changes to towers in your area and when you should expect upgrades to be complete ( and I am not talking about the "network upgrades map" that sprint has in place... This whole 90 day shizshat they have been throwing out to customers is really unacceptable at this point. 90 days is WAY to large of a time period for people to think about. People change their mind in an instant and with T-Mobile offering the ETF deal... Oh boy. 

And like Robert said in his post in the 150k subs thread. They really need to speed it up and do it now, no excuses! I am sure Son is running on his treadmill in Japan right now while singing eye of the tiger and drinking a double expresso with a shot of five hour energy, checking off executives he should start firing when/if a merger happens.

Edit: lets not turn this into another Tmobile thread LOL! :rolleyes:

They won't. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Transparency would make a huge huge difference for a lot of people. They can't afford to leave us blinded anymore. Apple can do it because they're the #1 company in the world, and well...It's Apple and people are somehow just programmed to want the next thing they produce. However, Sprint is not Apple. 

They need to inform customers about upgrades in their area on a weekly basis, preferably even set up a system that can monitor recent changes to towers in your area and when you should expect upgrades to be complete ( and I am not talking about the "network upgrades map" that sprint has in place... This whole 90 day shizshat they have been throwing out to customers is really unacceptable at this point. 90 days is WAY to large of a time period for people to think about. People change their mind in an instant and with T-Mobile offering the ETF deal... Oh boy. 

And like Robert said in his post in the 150k subs thread. They really need to speed it up and do it now, no excuses! I am sure Son is running on his treadmill in Japan right now while singing eye of the tiger and drinking a double expresso with a shot of five hour energy, checking off executives he should start firing when/if a merger happens.

Transparency would be Sprint doing the equivalent of S4GRU in regards to relaying information about their upgrades.  Sending out a mass text, that may or may not be true for some markets isn't transparency.

And for the record no one is turning this into a T-Mobile thread.  

• Like 1

Transparency would be Sprint doing the equivalent of S4GRU in regards to relaying information about their upgrades.  Sending out a mass text, that may or may not be true for some markets isn't transparency.

And for the record no one is turning this into a T-Mobile thread.  

Lol I know. I was just hoping my comments about T-Mobile wouldn't fuel the fires. I agree with the S4GRU idea. Perhaps Sprint should negotiate with Robert ;)

Lol I know. I was just hoping my comments about T-Mobile wouldn't fuel the fires. I agree with the S4GRU idea. Perhaps Sprint should negotiate with Robert ;)

I'm sure they would be perfectly content letting this be as it is.  They get lots of free promotion from this site.  However, I'd certainly like to see Robert be able to collect a salary and be able to take S4GRU to the next level, but that can't happen on the sponsor system.

• Like 2

The Bank of America site right next to Best Buy at the Avenues only yielded me 1x this morning on my N5. Wonder when that one will be broadcasting 4G. The nv panels are installed on it and has had new panels installed for about a month now.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The Bank of America site right next to Best Buy at the Avenues only yielded me 1x this morning on my N5. Wonder when that one will be broadcasting 4G. The nv panels are installed on it and has had new panels installed for about a month now.Sent from my Nexus 5

I've been keeping an eye on that site as well. It will go a long way towards improving service for a good chunk of the Avenues area.

The Bank of America site right next to Best Buy at the Avenues only yielded me 1x this morning on my N5. Wonder when that one will be broadcasting 4G. The nv panels are installed on it and has had new panels installed for about a month now.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I noticed the same thing too on my ride into work this morning.

I've been keeping an eye on that site as well. It will go a long way towards improving service for a good chunk of the Avenues area.

Yes, I get a faint LTE signal in the mall from the site across the Regals Movie theater. The Bank of America one w/ LTE 800 would be awesome!!

Sent from my Nexus 5

I noticed the same thing too on my ride into work this morning.

When my local site went live in March, I had about 3 days without any service before LTE kicked in. I was roaming for those 3 days. Hopefully that means it's about to go live.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yesterday I had solid Band 41 Coverage from the OP Mall North up Blanding past 103Rd. Today here in Ortega at Longhorn, Spark was yielding some nice service, here is a couple of examples.

Screenshot_2014-01-30-14-45-15.png

Screenshot_2014-01-30-14-43-32.png

• Like 6

Yesterday I had solid Band 41 Coverage from the OP Mall North up Blanding past 103Rd. Today here in Ortega at Longhorn, Spark was yielding some nice service, here is a couple of examples.

Dope. I'll be over there tonight. Too bad I have an iPhone 5!!!!

Off topic: I think I'm gonna pick-up a Nexus 5 in the next few weeks. I'm waiting to see them get the "Spark" update.

I saw yet another Ericsson truck here in St Augustine this morning and one last night. That brings the total to 6 sightings this week. With all the issues with random roaming, hard EVDO handoffs and calls not kicking me down to CDMA all throughout town this week, I am seriously convinced something big is happening right now from Ericsson.

I saw yet another Ericsson truck here in St Augustine this morning and one last night. That brings the total to 6 sightings this week. With all the issues with random roaming, hard EVDO handoffs and calls not kicking me down to CDMA all throughout town this week, I am seriously convinced something big is happening right now from Ericsson.

I'd concur with that.  Too bad we can only speculate.  Would be great to have a source inside the Ericsson Florida deployment.

Might as well get the red one to stand out from the crowd.

Dope. I'll be over there tonight. Too bad I have an iPhone 5!!!! Off topic: I think I'm gonna pick-up a Nexus 5 in the next few weeks. I'm waiting to see them get the "Spark" update.

• Like 1

Well, I was out at the Town Center yesterday. The area has improved a lot with LTE being available. The only store I didn't get LTE reception was Target. Other than that every where else was good. Jacksonville as a whole has come a long way in the last 12 months.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Well, I was out at the Town Center yesterday. The area has improved a lot with LTE being available. The only store I didn't get LTE reception was Target. Other than that every where else was good. Jacksonville as a whole has come a long way in the last 12 months.

Sent from my Nexus 5

How were your speeds? Mine were really good, even with -110 to -114dBm whilst in-building, all through the town centre. Obviously, outside I was seeing a much better airlink and of course, faster speeds. Not bad, considering how bad EVDO is/was in this area.

Band 41 is going to get swallowed up in this area unless they add another site on the north side of the Town Centre. LTE 800 will do wonders, though.