Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I never actually thought that whats it could be...I was just thinking its referring to Network vision entirely...Never considered it might just be referring to 800 CMDA/LTE

At this rate, I wouldn't bet any money on it referring to 800.  Probably just in regards to having NV equipment and 3G/LTE 1900 upgrades on each site.

I hope to see band 26 soon in Jacksonville. I really only spend time on the Southside of Jacksonville, so overall I still have a spotty view of LTE in Jacksonville over St Augustine, Orlando, Daytona Beach and West Palm Beach. It will be nice to see a fuller coverage, especially on the highway. That is a weak point with Sprint from what I have seen. Sprint has great highway coverage, but the spacing makes for a constant low signal and spotty 4G for most of the time while traveling.

I have LTE almost everywhere I go. I live in the downtown area (San Marco) and am usually always in the Riverside, downtown, Springfield, San Marco areas of town. When I do leave this area, I'm frequently in Southside/Mandarin and The Beaches (Atlantic beach to Ponte Vedra), as well as St. Augustine and Orange Park and I very rarely ever drop LTE signal on my iPhone 5, which has very good RF characteristics.

The only LTE holdouts I see are Atlantic blvd between St. John's bluff and Kernan (not the best coverage due to some towers still on legacy), A1A from Ponte Vedra Beach south to north St. Augustine, extreme north end of The Town Centre (in-building penetration), certain stretches of Philips highway between racetrack road and just north of St. Auggy, downtown St. Augustine and Riverside's in-building penetration, which will be fixed once the last site finally gets upgraded (fine if outside most buildings).

When I was in Orlando a few weekends ago, I barely saw LTE and when I did it was slow, as was EVDO.

• Like 1

When I was in Orlando a few weekends ago, I barely saw LTE and when I did it was slow, as was EVDO.

I had a completely opposite experience in Orlando.  Had a strong LTE signal everywhere I went, with the exception of inside some buildings downtown.  Was primarily on the east side.

I had a completely opposite experience in Orlando. Had a strong LTE signal everywhere I went, with the exception of inside some buildings downtown. Was primarily on the easy side.

Most places in Orlando have decent LTE. I just had a friend who has att do a speed test against me where we both had LTE and 4 bars. I had like 8 down and she had barely 1. It was glorious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a completely opposite experience in Orlando. Had a strong LTE signal everywhere I went, with the exception of inside some buildings downtown. Was primarily on the easy side.

That's strange. I've talked about this before in this thread. I'm not sure why I have a different experience. Who knows.

AT&T will be in trouble with regards to capacity soon. They're already slowing down a lot and there isn't much they can do to fix it, spectrum-wise. They will no longer be able to claim they have the fastest LTE network. Between the big three, AT&T has the least spectrum overhead.

AT&T will be in trouble with regards to capacity soon. They're already slowing down a lot and there isn't much they can do to fix it, spectrum-wise. They will no longer be able to claim they have the fastest LTE network. Between the big three, AT&T has the least spectrum overhead.

Yeah AT&T is in a weird position in regards to their spectrum.  They don't have enough continuous spectrum for large carriers if I remember correctly.  It's probably going to require an extensive refarm to get them where they want to be.

Just imagine if a combined Sprint/T-Mobile didn't have to divest any spectrum. Sprint could very well be unstoppable.

And we'd be paying a lot more for service too. I don't approve of the merger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just imagine if a combined Sprint/T-Mobile didn't have to divest any spectrum. Sprint could very well be unstoppable.

Will probably be okay for them to divest some of the AWS holdings.  Sprint/T-Mobile would have A LOT of PCS spectrum, which would serve them well. 

And we'd be paying a lot more for service too. I don't approve of the merger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm not for the merger either. But I don't think it will be all bad should it happen. It won't destroy competition. Tmo and Sprint together can grow into a true nationwide network. Individually, neither will likely expand coverage much more than they already have got

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sprint should be in amazing shape, even without Magenta, so long as they start executing properly.

BTW, I pulled a consistent 16-20mbps down and a steady 8mbps up at dinner in Riverside tonight, on B25. This was in the middle of Riverside on Saturday night, despite the last major site in riverside not having been upgraded yet.

Considering I use to struggle to even get an EVDO signal in this area and when I did it was abysmal, Sprint has come a long way. I didn't have my other devices with me, but I seriously doubt AT&T or VZW could come close to this in this densely populated area. This area is known to destroy network speeds.

The same holds true for San Marco and Downtown. My data speeds are always 6-25mbps and the low-end is usually in-building with signal over -110dbm. The two sites at I-95 on the east-side of the Fuller Warren bridge are my home sites, btw. San Marco and downtown have several sites with good spacing. I've been very impressed with the data speeds lately. It wasn't this good a few months ago.

You guys were definitely on to something when you all were saying that eHRPD wasn't connecting and devices were dropping back 3g and staying there. This has been going on for at least a week. Hopefully when this clear up we will see some type of 800 service. CDMA or LTE

You guys were definitely on to something when you all were saying that eHRPD wasn't connecting and devices were dropping back 3g and staying there. This has been going on for at least a week. Hopefully when this clear up we will see some type of 800 service. CDMA or LTE

Yeah something interesting is going on. Its been a few weeks without an eHRPD sighting for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just came back from St. Augustine. My sprint service was terrible in downtown, still. I roamed anytime I walked into a building and was on 1x almost the entire time I was down there. The only times I saw EVDO, it was SLOW and I never once connected to LTE, until I was leaving the downtown area and heading towards US-1. This area needs CDMA800 and LTE badly and could possible use another site for capacity.

The site that serves downtown St Augustine is the only 3G only site on St Augustine and also happens to be really poor with 3G despite being NV upgraded. I am not sure what is going on with the site, it is terrible no matter the time of day or how close you are to it.

The site that serves downtown St Augustine is the only 3G only site on St Augustine and also happens to be really poor with 3G despite being NV upgraded. I am not sure what is going on with the site, it is terrible no matter the time of day or how close you are to it.

Yeah, I've been keeping track on the sponsor maps. I've gotten terrible service for quite some time, in that area. It won't last for long, hopefully.

Could not agree more, I always here about it from the Wife when we're there hanging out.

I have to keep the wife from jumping ship. The black hole at our house and her work bugs her more than me. I can deal with waiting until I'm a 1/2 mile down the road before making a call off of the airave. Her work location having no signal is harder to deal with. I work downtown so I'm good for signal.

Trying to buy time for 800 to see if that fixes the 0 signal issues we deal with.

Anyone else get the Sprint text about the network status?

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area.

Yes. It most likely 99% means nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk