Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Everything was fine except when I was on a call on 1x 800 and traveled out of 800 range the call dropped instead of switching over to 1x RTT.

One other thing. Could you post the channel it was on? Look in your 1x engineering. Curious if they are still using 476 there.

One other thing. Could you post the channel it was on? Look in your 1x engineering. Curious if they are still using 476 there.

I'm not in that area anymore. Is there any way to look it up without actually being connected.

I was at the BJs on Philips today and had LTE inside the store. I was pretty impressed. Also had it while at The Pig on Old St Augustine Rd.

I see you've been in jax a lot the last couple days. LTE is very widespread in jax just my EVO can't pick it up all the time.

Looks like Sprint added a new site downtown near the courthouse. They used to be a Nextel towers now it has Sprint Network Vision equipment with no legacy panels. Do you think this site was an iDEN conversion to network vision?

I was late on my bill this month by three days, and I noticed as soon as sprint sent me a reminder of a balance past due, I wasn't getting LTE. This happen the last time I was past due earlier this year.

It's never happened to me and I'm always late paying my bill.

If anyone on a tri-band is ever out by Blanding Blvd and Old Jennings road, can you check the signal levels for me? I cannot find any 800mhz cdma on my GS3, so maybe another phone might see it.

If anything, the signal got worse again for 1x, I'll ignore LTE as I have wifi at home. I'd love to not rely on the Airave, or not be able to call near my house.

Other than my black hole, I'm loving the coverage. LTE is fast enough at work that I don't use the company wifi. I still sometimes drop back to 3G at Blanding and 295, but its random and only about 20% of the time max.

If anyone on a tri-band is ever out by Blanding Blvd and Old Jennings road, can you check the signal levels for me? I cannot find any 800mhz cdma on my GS3, so maybe another phone might see it.

If anything, the signal got worse again for 1x, I'll ignore LTE as I have wifi at home. I'd love to not rely on the Airave, or not be able to call near my house.

Other than my black hole, I'm loving the coverage. LTE is fast enough at work that I don't use the company wifi. I still sometimes drop back to 3G at Blanding and 295, but its random and only about 20% of the time max.

Blanding and brannan field road is where I first found CDMA 800 last week if that helps

Well, I'm getting close to the end of my billing cycle. In at 3.6gb used mostly Google music and you tube at work. This is a great sign that network vision is paying off. Before I couldn't use over 500mb. Love this new network in Jacksonville. Can't wait until I get my nexus 5.

After using my Nexus 5 today while out around town. I'm impressed with Sprint's LTE coverage. My phone rarely connects to 3g. I'm able to connect and hold a signal on LTE in more places even inside buildings.

Whatever LG and Google did In the reception dept the other OEMS need to take note. I can imagine what 800 LTE will be like. Also, I haven't gotten my msl yet to change my band priority. When I do I'm going to go hunting for TD LTE.

I have no complaints with sprint at the moment. Looking forward to what the future brings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

After using my Nexus 5 today while out around town. I'm impressed with Sprint's LTE coverage. My phone rarely connects to 3g. I'm able to connect and hold a signal on LTE in more places even inside buildings.

Whatever LG and Google did In the reception dept the other OEMS need to take note. I can imagine what 800 LTE will be like. Also, I haven't gotten my msl yet to change my band priority. When I do I'm going to go hunting for TD LTE.

I have no complaints with sprint at the moment. Looking forward to what the future brings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

My iPhone 5 has amazing RF reception, as does the 5s and 5c. I have LTE everywhere, with the exception of a few last holdouts in Jax.

• Like 1

6 days and not a single acceptance report for 3g or 4g lte in site for the whole Jacksonville market. I believe this has never happened before. I guess it must be mostly finished.

I know of one site near my house that is complete but not accepted. There's not too many sites in Jacksonville that aren't complete. I don't know about the surrounding areas though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do they skip on 3g acceptance reports because there are sites here that i know have been done with 3g and never got accepted

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

At one point the LTE acceptance was at a standstill. All the sites that were getting upgraded for 3g updates to already accepted LTE sites. With no new LTE acceptances.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I feel like I hardly ever get a decent LTE signal, but then again I have yet to leave Town Center with my N5.  Could be a whole new world out there and I'll never notice here lol.

This area really needs a DAS.

That eCSFB isssue is definitely in Florida. I can confirm from lake city all the way the new port richie. Did some traveling this week. And there was so many towers where lte only mode I had a really good signal and then on cdma/lte mode it would fall back to 3g. I was really annoyed

I'm out in San Francisco now and I can say that the LTE coverage here still leaves a lot to be desired. Throughput is highly variable depending on location. You can go from. 10Mb/sec to less than one within 100 yards. Looking at the maps, Sprint still has a ton of upgrades to do in Jax. There are a lot of towers that have 4G bit still haven't had 3G upgraded. I'm hopeful that the end product will be better, but expect it to still take a while. Looks like we will finish. 2013 with still unusable data in the town center area. Sprint fell pretty far behind and it is going to take a ton of effort to catch up. I'm still hoping that the Softbank acquisition will stir things up long term, but don't see any evidence of changes yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk