Sprint LTE June 2012 Schedule Maps

Because no one has ever requested it, but you. Also, I'm afraid it will lead to confusion. Also, making those maps is a lot of work. It takes me about 3 hours or so to prepare the next month for this thread.

However, just to make a 3G June Map for Boston only wouldn't be too difficult. I will try to do that for you this week.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Boston loves the extra special attention!

Thanks Robert! :tu:

I am afraid the Austin part of the Austin market may not go live until July or August. I'll be happy if they just turn on EVDO on the NV equipment so we can see consistent speeds close to 1Mb.

any info on the minnesota market, minneapolis... thanks in advance...

Probably won't see any action in Minnesota until after Chicago is launched or nearly complete. Samsung is hitting Chicago hard thanks to all the issues they had with dropped calls and network issues

Was hoping to see some new sites in the central Jersey market :( Is this still considered a phase 1 market?

As was written here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-83-new-network-visionlte-deployment-details-and-central-jersey-market-work-is-under-way-with-several-sites-live/ the market was not initially scheduled to be a first round market and therefore, Robert probably doesn't have a schedule saying when and where sites are scheduled, just an interview where he learned that work was underway. He has his updates saying which sites are up and running once they are accepted by Sprint. This means that they will not be showing up on the scheduled maps, just the completed sites maps (once Sprint accepts the site from the contractor). So the data for central Jersey will be sparse.

Complete or launch? The difference is huge. Atlanta and San Antonio are being prepared for launch before the end of June according to my sourced info. However, I am not holding my breath.

The first market to get 100% complete is likely San Antonio at the very end of summer, or early Fall.

Some 2nd Round markets are starting to mobilize now. Especially in Florida. See that one 4G LTE site that is supposed to be live before the end of the month? Although Jacksonville and Orlando is very quickly starting too.

That's the point of this new market schedule series. Stay tuned.

What about Houston?

any info on the minnesota market, minneapolis... thanks in advance...

We will have a Minnesota schedule update article in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

Do Whitney Tx is get lte or not?

Everywhere that gets Sprint 3G service now will get LTE. The real question is when, not so much where.

Was hoping to see some new sites in the central Jersey market :( Is this still considered a phase 1 market?

Did you miss the map in my OP that shows several new Central Jersey sites???

What about Houston?

Did you miss my article I posted last night? http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-263-houston-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

Robert

• Like 1

Did you miss the map in my OP that shows several new Central Jersey sites???

I looked, it looks like its only 1 additional site from what has been posted originally. Unfortunately im on the very southern end of the market so all of those sites are 60+ miles from me.

I don't get it. Baltimore was supposed to be one of the 6 launch cities. There's nothing about it anywhere. I've been a loyal Sprint fanboy for a long time, but this awesome evo lte I have can't do anything on this horrible 3g.It should be called the Evo 3g that feels like 2g....I would have been happy with Wimax.

I don't get it. Baltimore was supposed to be one of the 6 launch cities. There's nothing about it anywhere. I've been a loyal Sprint fanboy for a long time, but this awesome evo lte I have can't do anything on this horrible 3g.It should be called the Evo 3g that feels like 2g....I would have been happy with Wimax.

About it anywhere??? I bet we have talked about Baltimore in dozens of forum posts, news articles, Facebook posts, Tweets, etc. Baltimore is still a launch city. Sprint has not passed the deadline for Baltimore launch. Network Vision is well under way in Baltimore including improvements to 3G. But Network Vision is not an overnight thing. It is a huge undertaking rebuilding the entire network, and every site in every market.

And Baltimore will get LTE before 92 other Sprint markets. I think most Sprint customers are quite envious of your position. Especially me, being in one of the last NV markets of all. I will likely have 3 or 4 LTE devices before I get service.

Robert

• Like 6

Especially me, being in one of the last NV markets of all. I will likely have 3 or 4 LTE devices before I get service.

Robert

Ouch!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

When I said I am haven't heard of any updates on Baltimore, There hasn't been any dates showing anything since February when Baltimore was announced as a launch city. It was announced as mid 2012 & it is now mid 2012. I'm aware that the my city is well ahead of alot of other cities and that's one of the reasons I've stayed at Sprint. For the last 2 years I've been using the evo 4g and had great wimax everywhere so I never needed to depend on the 3g. Now that I have the new Evo and my only choice is 3g(except for wifi at home), I have become aware of how terrible it actually is. If I were in your city and 92 cities were ahead of me for LTE, I would be looking elsewhere for service or awinax phone. My whole gripe is that Sprint is releasing all of these LTE phones and no network is announced live anywhere. At least when I bought the original Evo day 1,I had 4g. I'm saying things should be more coordinated and Sprint should give there customers who invested in their LTE devices an exact date or at least something close.

And you are more than welcome to post a link showing a eta for Baltimore that wasn't updated in February. I will be grateful for anything besides something saying "midyear".

About it anywhere??? I bet we have talked about Baltimore in dozens of forum posts, news articles, Facebook posts, Tweets, etc. Baltimore is still a launch city. Sprint has not passed the deadline for Baltimore launch. Network Vision is well under way in Baltimore including improvements to 3G. But Network Vision is not an overnight thing. It is a huge undertaking rebuilding the entire network, and every site in every market.

And Baltimore will get LTE before 92 other Sprint markets. I think most Sprint customers are quite envious of your position. Especially me, being in one of the last NV markets of all. I will likely have 3 or 4 LTE devices before I get service.

Robert

When I said I am haven't heard of any updates on Baltimore' date=' There hasn't been any dates showing anything since February when Baltimore was announced as a launch city. It was announced as mid 2012 & it is now mid 2012. I'm aware that the my city is well ahead of alot of other cities and that's one of the reasons I've stayed at Sprint. For the last 2 years I've been using the evo 4g and had great wimax everywhere so I never needed to depend on the 3g. Now that I have the new Evo and my only choice is 3g(except for wifi at home), I have become aware of how terrible it actually is. If I were in your city and 92 cities were ahead of me for LTE, I would be looking elsewhere for service or awinax phone. My whole gripe is that Sprint is releasing all of these LTE phones and no network is announced live anywhere. At least when I bought the original Evo day 1,I had 4g. I'm saying things should be more coordinated and Sprint should give there customers who invested in their LTE devices an exact date or at least something close.

And you are more than welcome to post a link showing a eta for Baltimore that wasn't updated in February. I will be grateful for anything besides something saying "midyear".

[/quote']

Sprint is not advertising their LTE network at all. I don't advise anyone to buy a LTE device without LTE service unless they are willing to hang out with 3G. You definitely were taking a risk when you bought a LTE device before the network went live. However, you wont be waiting too much longer as LTE will start lighting up soon.

We will be writing a schedule update on the Baltimore market soon. Stay tuned to The Wall at S4GRU for the latest schedule articles.

Ran across a live tower on 35 between Houston St and Rittiman in San Antonio. Speed test download speed was 7.19 mbps and upload was 3.36 know. Pardon the capitalization.

Neat, I'm bracketed by two of those Austin LTE towers. Really only need LTE at work and downtown since I have wireless at home, though, so the tower right by where I work and the set of towers downtown excite me somewhat.

8 days (or less) for my Galaxy SIII, hopefully shorter than a month before we see LTE signal turned on. I am excite.

e: a while back you had information on a bunch of sites that I thought were LTE in waco, tx. Was that just their deployment plan for Waco or were they actually live sites?

Edited by kayakyakr

a while back you had information on a bunch of sites that I thought were LTE in waco, tx. Was that just their deployment plan for Waco or were they actually live sites?

The sites in Waco are live LTE sites. We have had several members connect to them. Waco was a LTE FIT for Ericsson.

Robert

The sites in Waco are live LTE sites. We have had several members connect to them. Waco was a LTE FIT for Ericsson.

Robert

Ah cool. Essentially, these are sites that are going to be activated and does not include those that already happen to be live?

When they do flip the switch, there will essentially be coverage through the entire triangle (though up 35 through San Marcos, New Braunfels, Temple, and Hillsborough will be sparse). That's pretty awesome.

Ah cool. Essentially, these are sites that are going to be activated and does not include those that already happen to be live?

Yes. These are just the sites that are scheduled to go live in the month of June. This does not include sites that were reported live in the past. We track those in the NV Completed Sites thread. Hopefully, these sites will be over there soon.

Robert

Robert: I'm confused what you meant with "Sites did appear for LA, Boston, Baltimore, DC and NYC in the schedule...but I decided not to show them", etc - does that mean these cities are scheduled but no work has begun, or what? I'm in DC and I remember you had announced they'd be a first round market, but what gives? Thanks.

Robert: I'm confused what you meant with "Sites did appear for LA, Boston, Baltimore, DC and NYC in the schedule...but I decided not to show them", etc - does that mean these cities are scheduled but no work has begun, or what? I'm in DC and I remember you had announced they'd be a first round market, but what gives? Thanks.

Sites are showing up in the schedule to go LTE live in these markets in the month of June. But I doubt their validity. For instance, LTE sites also showed up to go live in these markets in May, and none did. However, 3G is going live at NV sites in these markets, but there is a hold up on the 4G LTE in these markets. I have not been able to confirm the issue, but it's most likely backhaul or 4G core readiness.

At this time, I am not prepared to release info about 4G LTE sites in these markets until at least one 4G LTE site in these markets goes "On-Air." Otherwise, I don't see any value in posting these sites. It would be a list of Sprint sites that would have had LTE this month if everything was in order. That seemed futile and members would be even more confused than by me omitting them.

Robert

• Like 1