Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Hi there - I just joined the site and I live in Northwest Visalia. I just switched back to Sprint from crappy T-MO. Where in Visalia have you seen LTE? Also, I have the Note 3 which obviously doesn't support Spark. Did the phone that you use that got LTE in Visalia support Spark or just the single 1900 band? Thanks!

Welcome to S4GRU and back to Sprint. Go by Costco and LTE is abundant there. Also, check out sensorly.com and you can see all the tracks that local users have laid with confirmed LTE. I have an iPhone 5 and now a Nexus 5, and both phones pick up 1900 LTE with ease.

Welcome to S4GRU and back to Sprint. Go by Costco and LTE is abundant there. Also, check out sensorly.com and you can see all the tracks that local users have laid with confirmed LTE. I have an iPhone 5 and now a Nexus 5, and both phones pick up 1900 LTE with ease.

Not sure if you mentioned this earlier in the thread, but what kind of speeds were you seeing on both devices?

Saw your post in Selma on Dinuba/Orange.  That's about 1/4 mile from where I lived for 10 years.  Pretty cool I'll have LTE if I go back to visit my parents!

Not sure if you mentioned this earlier in the thread, but what kind of speeds were you seeing on both devices?

Saw your post in Selma on Dinuba/Orange.  That's about 1/4 mile from where I lived for 10 years.  Pretty cool I'll have LTE if I go back to visit my parents!

14-17 down on the Nexus, and 7-16 down on the iPhone. When I got the 7 down, I think I was inside the Sprint store near the back. Signals are a little weaker there.

I'm still waiting on the Acequia tower to go live with LTE, so that way I can use LTE at work (near downtown) and not have to use the Airrave at my house.  Netflix streams flawlessly off LTE near the Northside Lowe's and Best Buy

I'm still waiting on the Acequia tower to go live with LTE, so that way I can use LTE at work (near downtown) and not have to use the Airrave at my house.  Netflix streams flawlessly off LTE near the Northside Lowe's and Best Buy

I have no reasonable explanation or idea why the Acequia site isn't live. There is no logical rhyme or reason. I hope it goes live soon.

Sorry if i seem like such a noob at this but what exactly does "go live" mean? like the tower i have at home seems to have working LTE but it only works well like at night and in the morning. through out the day it just keeps switching back and forward from 3G to 4G. does that mean its gone live? i live in pixley 

Sorry if i seem like such a noob at this but what exactly does "go live" mean? like the tower i have at home seems to have working LTE but it only works well like at night and in the morning. through out the day it just keeps switching back and forward from 3G to 4G. does that mean its gone live? i live in pixley 

Going live is where the tower has been accepted and is actively broadcasting LTE signals.

• Like 1

Also based on Sensorly findings, there is LTE just south of Porterville on Highway 65. Anyone here map that recently? Oddly enough, it's on 65 and the tracks stop at Hesse Ave. Hmm.

Also based on Sensorly findings, there is LTE just south of Porterville on Highway 65. Anyone here map that recently? Oddly enough, it's on 65 and the tracks stop at Hesse Ave. Hmm.

Best guess is that it might be from a site which was upgraded on 12/413. 

Ive been getting error code #131 data signed in failed message on my phone I get it all day at work and when im home. I have to restart or sometimes pull my battery to get my 3g back. I stopped getting this for about a month now its back.

Wow, that's odd. I would do a Profile and PRL update.

Baja Fresh in Visalia

Your battery is not very ”Baja Fresh."

:P

AJ

• Like 1

That's after 21 hours of usage AJ.

Did you make a run to Baja California and back?

AJ

To their credit, they're not lying, just reading exactly what is found in their tools provided by Sprint. The trouble with that is 100% of the towers in the LCV have said 4G to be upgraded in the next 90 days since at least May.

*edit - not 100% but the majority of towers*

Yup, 90 days always seems to be 90 days away

Im going to be in Fresno tomorrow....I remember the last two times I was in town I was hoping thered be LTE (May and August)