Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Ugggh. On xda-s3-all us carriers-s3 general-your(carrier) speed test.

Robert send that back up to your sprint channels. Granted it is best case scenario but it does quantify that Sprints network leaves a bit to be desired.

ForumRunner_20120629_172016.png

So far, I am not impressed with battery life on my GS-III. It's standy battery life is slightly worse than the GNex, but it's active usage battery life is better than the GNex. The EVO LTE battery life is far, far better than the GS-III after 48 hours of usage.

I pretty much prefer everything on the GS-III over the EVO LTE except battery life and the camera button. I really like the camera button on the EVO LTE. Don't get me wrong, the battery life is more than usable. And it's better than any phone I've ever had. However, the EVO LTE is the best battery sipping device I've ever used to date.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Wow, look at Robert's ringing endorsement:

...EVO LTE is the best...device...ever...

;)

AJ

• Like 4

:rofl:

Hey, those were your words. I did not add a thing.

AJ

• Like 2

Pick up your GS3 while you still can, according to Florian Mueller, the GS3 is next in Koh's crosshairs. He said there's a good chance this could get an injunction. S Voice might be an even bigger infringer than Google's voice search was.

Is it just me, or is Samsung the absolute worst OEM at

1 making accessories to pair with their phones

2 delivering those accessories for customers to purchase at launch

Their wireless charging system is supposedly delayed until September http://www.slashgear.com/galaxy-s-iii-wireless-charging-kit-delayed-until-september-09227331/

Are they waiting for Apple to patent it or something?

• Like 1

As a side note, subjectively this phone is comparable to, or better than, the Epic with regard to keeping/using a 3G or 1x signal. Voice calls connect very quickly, and data sessions seem solid enough. Then again, I live literally a block and a half from a Sprint rooftop cell site, though I no longer have near-line of sight when I'm in front of my apartment due to the new Petroleum Engineering building being constructed on-campus.

I think pretty much all of those things are due to the faster processor and 2GB of RAM

post-1-0-38778800-1341012031_thumb.png

So far, I am not impressed with battery life on my GS-III. It's standy battery life is slightly worse than the GNex, but it's active usage battery life is better than the GNex. The EVO LTE battery life is far, far better than the GS-III after 48 hours of usage.

I pretty much prefer everything on the GS-III over the EVO LTE except battery life and the camera button. I really like the camera button on the EVO LTE. Don't get me wrong, the battery life is more than usable. And it's better than any phone I've ever had. However, the EVO LTE is the best battery sipping device I've ever used to date.

I am glad to hear this because I went to Sprint today to get my phone on the 1st of July. I got my 50.00 gift card and am on the list to pick it up early Sunday morning. Aaron from phone dog, and no real negative issues minus the exploding over heating phone is why I did it. If something better come along I have another line......rofl Where's the antenna review man.....

Pick up your GS3 while you still can, according to Florian Mueller, the GS3 is next in Koh's crosshairs. He said there's a good chance this could get an injunction. S Voice might be an even bigger infringer than Google's voice search was.

Seems like Google voice search is netter than them all. Jelly bean will eliminate the comp in this regards!

Where's the antenna review man.....

I'm waiting for the LG Viper to show up that I purchased.

I think pretty much all of those things are due to the faster processor and 2GB of RAM

Wouldn't say that. I have seen very responsive WiMAX performance on my Epic, network permitting. The CPU and memory certainly weren't the bottleneck on thay device for 3G, seeing as how I could hit 20Mbps down on WiFi speedtests.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII-32GB using Forum Runner

Mueller is a paid shill and hates everything google.

• Like 1

Hey, those were your words. I did not add a thing.

AJ

You guys crack me up. I am still up in the air about buying an EVO LTE and the SGS3 won't be available in my area until sunday (inside scoop from my reps who I have had a long standing relationship with) at least they will be holding it if i decide to purchase. I really wanted to use them side-by-side before purchasing either one and what with all of the injunctions and delays abounding felt it would be best to wait until i could physically handle them.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the LG Viper to show up that I purchased.

Nice! I've seen them going on craigslist 'round PHX at a steal. So, you (will) have every Sprint LTE device now, Don't yea?

Nice! I've seen them going on craigslist 'round PHX at a steal. So' date=' you (will) have every Sprint LTE device now, Don't yea?[/quote']

Yes, when the Viper shows up I will have one of every Sprint LTE device on the market. Kind of funny when you consider I only have three WiMax devices over two years. And LTE devices have only been out for two months.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Yes, when the Viper shows up I will have one of every Sprint LTE device on the market. Kind of funny when you consider I only have three WiMax devices over two years. And LTE devices have only been out for two months.

I think it is time for an intervention...

• Like 5

I think it is time for an intervention...

All this and I live in a market who has no hope of LTE for a long time.

• Like 1

All this and I live in a market who has no hope of LTE for a long time.

Indeed. Don't you have a WiMax protection site that you used to use occasionally? I have the line from the South Park movie of Mr. Mackey stuck in my head "it's when you do these things too much, that you've become an addict and must get back in touch." Except of course, he is talking about being addicted to swearing.

Indeed. Don't you have a WiMax protection site that you used to use occasionally?

There are actually 8 around New Mexico, that I used occasionally. The one in Santa Fe and two in ABQ were pretty convenient. And they are located in areas with very poor 3G. I do miss WiMax. But I can hang until LTE arrives so long as 3G doesn't degrade even further.

Mueller is a paid shill and hates everything google.

I know all about his Oracle consulting ties, but look at the big picture. If this idiot judge banned the Nexus wouldn't you think Samsung would be in much bigger trouble with other products? Especially the ones that do look like they are somewhat ripping Apple off? Use a little common sense here.

After using the EVO LTE "I am compelled to ditch" my trusty Photon for a GSIII. I do this for the software fluidity, and multimedia enhancements as well. I use my phone mostly for calling and rarely use Wimax unless I am out in the city any way. When NYC is lit up with LTE I will have unlimited data, and a great phone until this happens. If I want a better phone at the years end I will sell this for only a 4 core LTE Galaxy Nexus and add to a second line! My last Premier upgrade is July 1, 2012.

When I factor in the fact that S4GRU reports that NYC will be lit up by October, and my upgrade is due now I decided not to wait and push my 2014 upgrade back until October. Also the fact that Sprint's service suffices enough for me to stay for the unlimited data, and LTE at an affordable rate a win win scenario "for me"! I know that Sprint has already broadcast that they will light up the LTE in the 4-5 1st round major markets July 15th 2012. I have already achieved 1.5mbs up and down on 3G at times so it's only a matter of time

I hate being an employee when it comes to new phones, I'll say it again :(

That being said, I'm actually on the fence on what device to go with. I have 2 rebates that are unused, one which I'm holding off for the new iPhone, and the other, well, it depends on what's coming out. I have an EVO LTE at work that I've been playing around with, and can't seem to put it down, but I want to see the GS3 in person.

I hate being an employee when it comes to new phones, I'll say it again :(

That being said, I'm actually on the fence on what device to go with. I have 2 rebates that are unused, one which I'm holding off for the new iPhone, and the other, well, it depends on what's coming out. I have an EVO LTE at work that I've been playing around with, and can't seem to put it down, but I want to see the GS3 in person.

Agreed. The EVO deal didn't sell out yet, and that extra $50 is making me lean towards getting it. But I should be able to play with the GS3 today when I go in. For me, it's all about the screen.