Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Root doesn't matter. I don't think the prepaid follows the account.

Really? So I'd lose my $4 credit on my Viper? :(

I Googled the issue. When you move from one device to another, your Google Wallet does not. Even though you have the same credentials and the same Gmail account, Google Wallet sees the new device as a separate account. I called GW and they moved over the balance on my GNex account over to my new GS-III account. Problem solved.

Robert

• Like 1

I Googled the issue. When you move from one device to another, your Google Wallet does not. Even though you have the same credentials and the same Gmail account, Google Wallet sees the new device as a separate account. I called GW and they moved over the balance on my GNex account over to my new GS-III account. Problem solved.

Robert

Ooh! Perfect! Post the number, please?

You are awesome. Now I will have it when i get my GS III.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Wouldn't you automatically get $10 for a new account? 10 is more than 4 right?

• Like 1

Wouldn't you automatically get $10 for a new account? 10 is more than 4 right?

You have to set up the new account, get your $10, then you can call and have funds moved from your old account to your new device. You are unable to just move from one device to another without a new account set up on the new device. You have to have two accounts and transfer into the new one...at least according to the rep I talked with today.

At least this way you get the benefit of the $10 bonus for each account.

Robert

God help me, but tomorrow after dropping the other half at work, I have a few hours to kill so I am going to the local corp Sprint store to check out the S3. Its going to take all the freaking will power in my being to not come out of the store with one.

I swear half my paycheck is already going to these carriers, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, I really need to get myself into smartphone rehab.

TS

• Like 2

Should have sent you my Sanyo 4900...that was a beast for RF. 8200 as well. Pull out antennas and all. That's the phones our tower spacing was designed for. If you like Motorola so much I have a Q9c in the drawer for you . Right next to the old TP and TP2.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

LOVED my 4900. That phone picked up a signal EVERYWHERE!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

word! I still lust over my Sanyo 7400. A god of a flip phone, IMO.

Those TP's can rot in H%LL. They made me hate them.

I still have my RL-7300. For its day it was a beast of a flip phone.

LOVED my 4900. That phone picked up a signal EVERYWHERE!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I hated that phone... I was always a flip phone guy. The screen on the 4900 cracked within a month. It was one night at the bar that cracked it. It was in my pocket the whole time...

Sanyo 7400 was awesome, except for the gimmicky color changing panels.

Haha my taste then was as bad as it is now....i loved those stupid color panels... id switch between red and turquoise...

I still miss those sanyos... including even the bastard katana

• Like 1

Haha my taste then was as bad as it is now....i loved those stupid color panels... id switch between red and turquoise...

I still miss those sanyos... including even the bastard katana

The only thing I ever wanted to change on my phone was the blasted plastic screen. The only phone I knew of that allowed that was a gsm only Nokia.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

God help me, but tomorrow after dropping the other half at work, I have a few hours to kill so I am going to the local corp Sprint store to check out the S3. Its going to take all the freaking will power in my being to not come out of the store with one.

I swear half my paycheck is already going to these carriers, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, I really need to get myself into smartphone rehab.

TS

I picked it up, and now my Photon is just a signal tester for comparison. I also decided to get this http://www.amazon.co...laxy+s+iii+case to help me protect and keep a grip on this slippery thing.

• Compatible with the following versions of the Galaxy S III: AT&T (SGH-i747), US Celluar, T-Mobile (SGH-T999), Sprint (SPH-L710), Verizon (SCH-i535) and International (GT-i9300)
  • Removable back panel
  • Other Colors Available. White:B005ZG043C
  • Other Colors Available. Blue:B005ZG0342
  • Other Colors Available. Purple:B005ZG060S

Durable, yet flexible TPU case for Samsung Galaxy S II i9100This premium TPU case provides your wireless device the maximum protection against scratches and scuffs, enabling you to keep your wireless device in new condition and well preserving its looks and features. Made with grade A Silicon gel, this case is not only durable, long lasting, but also equips the wireless device with a soft and comfortable surface. Furthermore, all the openings for the dock connector, charger, and buttons were precisely cut to allow full access to all the wireless device functions. It is user-friendly, and super easy to install. A case like this has all the combined beauty with functionality by utilizing high-quality materials and fine craftsmanship. This is truly the perfect case, for your valuable wireless device. This product comes in multiple colors. Please call us for details on this product. Comes with a free CrazyOnDigital wristband.

This case is similar to the Otterbox Commuter case and is a 2 piece silicone rubber, and hard plastic case cover. The silicone rubber has round circles that are thicker in depth that protrudes through the hard plastic cover. These thicker circles act like shock absorbers in event that the phone is dropped. The case looks and feels premium, and fits perfectly. All features and buttons are accessible as well. The case is attractive and doesn't add bulk to the phone, but makes the phone easier to hold on to for large would be butter fingers like mine making it easier not to drop. This description says Galaxy S II but the said unit is for the Galaxy s II, and from Amazon it does not come with a wrist band.......I own this based on a XDA post that I read! I also ordered a arm band for running as well from them.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Has anyone in the New York City area have the Sg3? If so how are u experiencing data speeds? Wanna leave Verizon due to there high prices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

They are slow right now so if data is your main reason I'd wait. However network vision will be here soon I have attained 1.92 mbs on 3G at times. I use my phone mainly for calling so when LTE comes I will not miss my Photon 4G

• Like 2

The only thing I ever wanted to change on my phone was the blasted plastic screen. The only phone I knew of that allowed that was a gsm only Nokia.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

I remember how the nokia phones had those aftermarket screen replacements with the embedded holograms.

They disappeared like teddy ruxpin, chubbles, cabbage patch kids, care bears, pogs, slap bracelets, pet rocks and all of the other ridiculous fads

I remember how the nokia phones had those aftermarket screen replacements with the embedded holograms.

They disappeared like teddy ruxpin' date=' chubbles, cabbage patch kids, care bears, pogs, slap bracelets, pet rocks and all of the other ridiculous fads[/quote']

I had a Teddy Ruxpin. My aunt thought I was younger than I was. She thought all 10 year old boys would love a story telling bear. It was great to launch in the trebuchet. The fad I really enjoyed was Garbage Pail Kids. I wish I had kept those.

Robert via LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I had a Teddy Ruxpin. My aunt thought I was younger than I was. She thought all 10 year old boys would love a story telling bear. It was great to launch in the trebuchet. The fad I really enjoyed was Garbage Pail Kids. I wish I had kept those.

I hear you Robert, seems like some of these fads would have been a better investment than stocks back in the day.

Seen "Ted" yet? Saw last nite.. was awesome. There was an awesome teddy ruxpin reference ... i busted out laughing while all the youngsters sat clueless

• Like 2

Seth MacFarlane is my generation, so I enjoy all his generational references.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I am amused at Robert as the grumpy old man of S4GRU, yet I am quite certain that many of us are no more than two or three years younger.

AJ

I am amused at Robert as the grumpy old man of S4GRU, yet I am quite certain that many of us are no more than two or three years younger.

AJ

I'll have to second that. #themoreyouknow

They disappeared like teddy ruxpin' date=' chubbles, cabbage patch kids, care bears, pogs, slap bracelets, pet rocks and all of the other ridiculous fads[/quote']

Pogs? I wish those still existed. My parents threw all mine away one day. I was mad when I found out.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner