Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Ah yes. The folio cover with the non-branded back. I went with the body glove one. I tend to be rough with my phones.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

They had two Body Glove cases in Santa Fe. One that was completely hard sided in a silver and blue, and a rubberized case in black with ride ribs on the back. The hard sided one was sharp and went really well with the device, but I don't like hard cases much. I was hoping for something rubberized in a pebble blue color.

Robert

I went to buy a new case at the Sprint store in Santa Fe yesterday. They didn't even have any out on the floor yet. I was the first person to bring the S-III in to the store so far. Surprisingly, they had six cases already in stock in the back and brought them all out for me to try. Even though they had some really nice Body Glove cases, and they had a really durable Ballistic case, I decided to go with the one below. It comes in both pebble blue and marble white to match the highly stylised GS-III.

gallery_1_1_185148.jpg

gallery_1_1_38441.jpg

gallery_1_1_23182.jpg

It comes with a new back for the flap to connect to. So if I drop it and it gets scratched up too badly, I can either buy another case, or I can put the original back in its place. We will see how well this works.

I've also now got my home screen the way I want it:

gallery_1_1_118466.jpg

Nice I like that case. That'd be the one I get once I can actually get this phone~

• Like 1

Those folio cases are awesome looking! At first glance it just looks like your screen is dark. I wanna get one just for that alone. I love my Evo but the GS3 just appeals to me in a visceral, aesthetic way. I get a feeling when I look at it. Especially the pebble blue one.

• Like 1

Yes' date=' just like that!!! :)[/quote']

Sprint store in my town had it Friday after the phone was released. Case is nice. Comfortable in hand. Not too bulky. Plus you can set the phone face down on a FLAT SURFACE ONLY and wont scratch it up.

Went in there to double check if my corporate discount was still active. Rep mentioned they had accessories, couldnt resist, you know....with my 20% off and all.....also bought the universal car mount and a package of Tectiles. ;-)

And everyone one in the store had to see my phone.............

How much do the Tectiles run?

You can get a pack of 5 for 14.99. $10.99 if you receive a corporate discount.

I dont see lots of uses for them just yet, I just have one in my car to toggle my bluetooth on and off.

I dont see lots of uses for them just yet, I just have one in my car to toggle my bluetooth on and off.

Incredibly overpriced. They are in no way different from various NFC tags you can buy online for less than a buck a pop.

• Like 1

I have one on my desk at work that toggles silent mode on or off. I also have another that automatically checks me into my job on foursquare.

I have to admit I thought I would be able to do more with one tectile. Example toggle silent on and off and check in. It only seems like you can do only one type of thing (multiple settings & apps) (phone & text)(location & web) (social). Correct me if I am wrong but it seems as if you can only focus on category for each tectile.

I have one on my desk at work that toggles silent mode on or off. I also have another that automatically checks me into my job on foursquare.

I have to admit I thought I would be able to do more with one tectile. Example toggle silent on and off and check in. It only seems like you can do only one type of thing (multiple settings & apps) (phone & text)(location & web) (social). Correct me if I am wrong but it seems as if you can only focus on category for each tectile.

NFC Task Launcher is quite a bit more flexible.

• Like 3

I went to buy a new case at the Sprint store in Santa Fe yesterday. They didn't even have any out on the floor yet. I was the first person to bring the S-III in to the store so far. Surprisingly, they had six cases already in stock in the back and brought them all out for me to try. Even though they had some really nice Body Glove cases, and they had a really durable Ballistic case, I decided to go with the one below. It comes in both pebble blue and marble white to match the highly stylised GS-III.

gallery_1_1_185148.jpg

gallery_1_1_38441.jpg

gallery_1_1_23182.jpg

It comes with a new back for the flap to connect to. So if I drop it and it gets scratched up too badly, I can either buy another case, or I can put the original back in its place. We will see how well this works.

I've also now got my home screen the way I want it:

gallery_1_1_118466.jpg

You're killing me man...My heart is longing, aching for a GS3

Where is my Nexus 7 to distract me?!?!?!

Oh wait, I have Jelly Bean, I'll play with that some more.

• Like 3

You're killing me man...My heart is longing' date=' aching for a GS3

Where is my Nexus 7 to distract me?!?!?!

Oh wait, I have Jelly Bean, I'll play with that some more.[/quote']

Ooooooo low blow.

• Like 2

Incredibly overpriced. They are in no way different from various NFC tags you can buy online for less than a buck a pop.

Yea. But I wanted them NOW.

• Like 1

NFC Task Launcher is quite a bit more flexible.

You're welcome. They also have a great selection of reasonably priced NFC tags at tagstand.com.

Thanks for these posts! I just downloaded the app and ordered some tags from tagstand to try. :tu:

I may have to pick up some TagStand tags as well.

Robert, which launcher are you using? I liked TouchWiz enough that (shocker!) I'm still using it as my launcher, complete with the stock Weather widget.

Also, is there any way to swap out the lock screen shortcuts or something else? e.g. I might want to get a different memo app.

I may have to pick up some TagStand tags as well.

Robert' date=' which launcher are you using? I liked TouchWiz enough that (shocker!) I'm still using it as my launcher, complete with the stock Weather widget.

Also, is there any way to swap out the lock screen shortcuts or something else? e.g. I might want to get a different memo app.[/quote']

How to change lock screen shortcuts.

Robert, which launcher are you using? I liked TouchWiz enough that (shocker!) I'm still using it as my launcher, complete with the stock Weather widget.

I tried to go without using a launcher. But I despise having my app drawer on the right hand side. And I also don't like my dock bar to not have any separation from the main field of icons. I am using Go Launcher with their 3.0 UI Theme, using ICS icon pack. I like the very faint and fading separation with dock bar with this theme. Very clean and stylin, IMO.

I am using HD Widgets for my Clock/Weather. The TouchWiz clock was driving me nuts. I didn't like the colors. It was clashing with every background I selected. If I can't have Vanilla Android, then I like the look of many of the Go Launcher themes.

Robert

Makes sense. On my Epic I actually used LauncherPro (the free version at this point) plus Beautiful Widgets for clock/weather. So far though I haven't gotten fed up with TouchWiz though. If I do at some point though, someone actually rebuilt the stock ICS launcher from stock code (modifications were made so it runs without crashing on the SII), so I may give that a go.

I actually had LauncherPro set up on my Epic so that the apps button wasn't even in the dock :P. Just pressed the home button again to pull up the app menu. That would be less efficient on the SIII due to its hardware home button, but then again with four screens I have enough space to put all my most-used apps, without having to dive into the App Drawer (which I re-sorted alphabetically...sorting willy-nilly bugs me).

As a side note, subjectively this phone is comparable to, or better than, the Epic with regard to keeping/using a 3G or 1x signal. Voice calls connect very quickly, and data sessions seem solid enough. Then again, I live literally a block and a half from a Sprint rooftop cell site, though I no longer have near-line of sight when I'm in front of my apartment due to the new Petroleum Engineering building being constructed on-campus.