Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

I had a pebble blue Samsung a long time ago and loved the color. I almost think black is getting overdone. I think it's cool that it comes in 2 colors off the bat and that they shunned the base black...

Nowadays, it seems like color is irrelevant because everyone slaps cases on their phones anyway...

I love the blue as well. Despite people putting cases on the phone, the face holds that color too. I wasn't impressed with the way the capacitive lights look on the white plastic. I think the darker faces look better due to lack of light bleedthrough.

• Like 1

I guess I'm living life on the edge...I've never used a case with any of my phones, even as they've gotten more fragile over the years (remember the Nokia 5165?). So the color of the actual phone matters more to me.

Also, I disabled the LEDs below the menu/back buttons. Since the touch zones are pretty large (basically anywhere to the left of home and anywhere to the right of home, respectively) I don't really need the lights (which get distracting, between flickering on and off) as a guide.

I've never used a case with any of my phones...(remember the Nokia 5165?)...

To paraphrase a famous aphorism, you can't put a case on a turd.

:P

AJ

I've had my 32GB SIII for about a week now and absolutely love it. I bought a cover from CIMO. I was doing speed tests today and noticed that it was much faster without the cover. Anyone have the same issue? I like the cover, but if it slows down the phone, it has to go.

It is quite neat to have so many devices all at once. I don't think it's a problem though. I can quit at any time. Really!!!

I took the Photon with me to work today. This phone is actually pretty neat. I'm not sure why I'm always bashing on Moto devices.

Robert

Should have sent you my Sanyo 4900...that was a beast for RF. 8200 as well. Pull out antennas and all. That's the phones our tower spacing was designed for. If you like Motorola so much I have a Q9c in the drawer for you :). Right next to the old TP and TP2.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

...I have a Q9c in the drawer for you :)....

I got mine still, too. I fired it up yesterday for the heck of it. Wow.. things have come a long way! I sure loved it at the time, though. The Moto Q9c was my first real smartPhone. Well, I had the Samsung N400 back in 2002.. although it was impressive at the time, being 3G and all... not really a SmartPhone

Should have sent you my Sanyo 4900...that was a beast for RF. 8200 as well. Pull out antennas and all. That's the phones our tower spacing was designed for. If you like Motorola so much I have a Q9c in the drawer for you :). Right next to the old TP and TP2.

word! I still lust over my Sanyo 7400. A god of a flip phone, IMO.

Those TP's can rot in H%LL. They made me hate them.

Can S-Voice be turned off? I'm not really interested in this feature.

You can turn off the double-click on the home button. Go to the app. Menu button --> Settings --> Uncheck Launch S Voice.

This will disable S voice when double clicking home and speed up the response of the home button.

• Like 2

You can turn off the double-click on the home button. Go to the app. Menu button --> Settings --> Uncheck Launch S Voice.

This will disable S voice when double clicking home and speed up the response of the home button.

Thanks. After all the problems with Siri, and most voice recognition software doesn't like my voice, I wouldn't use it anyway.

• Like 1

That brings back memories. You made me go look in my old cell phone drawer and dig up my two candy bars, Sanyo SCP-4500 and SCP-4900. I guess that dates me. My first touch screen was there too, aptly named HTC Touch.

Edited by Kisakuku

Thanks. After all the problems with Siri, and most voice recognition software doesn't like my voice, I wouldn't use it anyway.

Yea. And S-voice is pretty awful to begin with... or I just cant speak English worth a damn.

svoice is terrible.. but google now voice search on jellybean = <3

Google Now seems to work much better at recognizing thicker accents. I do recall the 47 question test by that British? gentleman testing Google Now

Okay so I want to put a pdf shortcut on my home screen. I have astro file manager, file manager, and stock.

I press and hold the area on the home screen - add to home screen app - file manager - open file long press - at this point I should get a selection to create the shortcut.

Any help would be appreciated.

I did read that you need to empty all information from your wallet before rooting. Due to security concerns wallet bypasses the security function in the oem root. Thus it sees it as a breach of security and disables it.

I had $30 left on Google Wallet when I swtiched from my GNex to GS-III. I signed into GW on my GS-III using my same Gmail address, but for some reason my $30 left in my GW doesn't show up. Just the $10 for joining. Strange. My GNex was rooted and I wonder if that may have something to do with it. I'm baffled.

Robert

Root doesn't matter. I don't think the prepaid follows the account.

Really? So I'd lose my $4 credit on my Viper? :(