Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Those of you with an M8 can disable B25 to check B26/B41 coverage while you're there. I'm not going this year, sadly, but I do want to see speed tests from congested sectors.

Can a one max do that now? i know we couldn't do it when it first came out, but i didn't keep/follow up with the topic

Agreed. I was able to text, send picture messages, and make calls about 80 percent of the time. I only found myself on B41 once and the second carrier a handful of times. No B26 there, which could have been helpful. My sister on her iPhone 4 had a less than stellar experience as she couldn't send any texts via SMS, but her iMessages were working just fine on 3G. My friend with Verizon was stuck on 1x most of the time, so that make me a little warm and fuzzy on the inside. Next year I'm expecting an even better experience. Later this month I'm going to North Coast, so it will be interesting to see how the network performs there too.

Edit: I also did not lose LTE once. That right there is a win as well!

Yeah let me know about North Coast, I will be going to Riot Fest next month and will be checking things out there.  I noticed about the same as you, Id say 75% of the time I could do what I wanted, but I stuck myself on EVDO and 1XRTT on purpose to save battery.  My sister who has an iphone 4s from ATT couldn't do squat and oddly enough my one buddy who has an iPhone 5 from Sprint also said he couldn't do squat, I am going to assume he got stuck on the overcrowded B25 original carrier since you say there was no B26.

Did sprint or any other carriers have cows in the area??

I saw them but I was too preoccupied with music, drinking, and girls to bother go taking a look.  I saw the COW behind the Perrys stage on Columbus.

I bet!! Between the music and the girls. Who wouldn't be looking at other things then the cows lol

For sure, its safe to say whoever took the over on girls wearing those high waisted 80s style acid wash shorts made a killing this weekend.  Too bad they are ugly as hell on 95% of girls who wear em.

• Like 1

For sure, its safe to say whoever took the over on girls wearing those high waisted 80s style acid wash shorts made a killing this weekend. Too bad they are ugly as hell on 95% of girls who wear em.

I've been talking to my buddies about this exact trend. I don't get it, and frankly, it isn't really attractive.

Yeah let me know about North Coast, I will be going to Riot Fest next month and will be checking things out there. I noticed about the same as you, Id say 75% of the time I could do what I wanted, but I stuck myself on EVDO and 1XRTT on purpose to save battery. My sister who has an iphone 4s from ATT couldn't do squat and oddly enough my one buddy who has an iPhone 5 from Sprint also said he couldn't do squat, I am going to assume he got stuck on the overcrowded B25 original carrier since you say there was no B26.

Your friend with the iphone 5 could have benefited from the second pcs carrier, just like your s3. I'm sure there was some second carrier being broadcasted in that area. There was when I was there 2 weeks ago.

I bet!! Between the music and the girls. Who wouldn't be looking at other things then the cows lol

You could look at the girls who are cows.

Ooh, ouch, that was cold!

:P

AJ

• Like 3

I've been talking to my buddies about this exact trend. I don't get it, and frankly, it isn't really attractive.

Find a girl who has a small waist, coupled with a larger than average butt (just for example, go with white girls who usually have zero butt at all lol). To the point where they go up a size or two in shorts to get them over their butt. The high wasted ones actually show off their butts without making them look frumpy or fat in the waist/midsection.

Find a girl who has a small waist, coupled with a larger than average butt (just for example, go with white girls who usually have zero butt at all lol). To the point where they go up a size or two in shorts to get them over their butt. The high wasted ones actually show off their butts without making them look frumpy or fat in the waist/midsection.

I can't believe I just read that in the Chicago network thread of a wireless nerd site.   :hmm:

Robert

• Like 5

I can't believe I just read that in the Chicago network thread of a wireless nerd site. :hmm:

Robert

I'm not the one who started the conversation about the ladies. Don't you know the age old rule of keep your woman happy and you'll be happy? To do that I sometimes am forced to go shopping with my girlfriend, it makes it easier to get out quick when you can grab things for them lol. Oh and I've worked in the stock rooms of a few clothing stores...

I'm not the one who started the conversation about the ladies. Don't you know the age old rule of keep your woman happy and you'll be happy? To do that I sometimes am forced to go shopping with my girlfriend, it makes it easier to get out quick when you can grab things for them lol. Oh and I've worked in the stock rooms of a few clothing stores...

I've married the most beautiful woman who loves me, dotes on me, and satisfies my every desire.  I'm a very lucky man.

Robert

• Like 8

I set my phone to CDMA only like I was saying earlier to save battery, which worked, but then I noticed the entire time my Signal Check Pro said I was on EVDO 3G.  I thought we are done with EVDO in Chicago now since all our sites are NV1.0 complete and broadcasting 3G as eHRPD.  When I turn it back to LTE/CDMA and I go into 3G then my Signal Check says eHRPD.  Did I misinterpret something here, I thought I wasn't supposed to see EVDO show up anymore in NV1.0 complete markets.

I set my phone to CDMA only like I was saying earlier to save battery, which worked, but then I noticed the entire time my Signal Check Pro said I was on EVDO 3G.  I thought we are done with EVDO in Chicago now since all our sites are NV1.0 complete and broadcasting 3G as eHRPD.  When I turn it back to LTE/CDMA and I go into 3G then my Signal Check says eHRPD.  Did I misinterpret something here, I thought I wasn't supposed to see EVDO show up anymore in NV1.0 complete markets.

You cannot use eHRPD when in CDMA only mode.  eHRPD is the EVDO that runs through the LTE core.  You essentially shut down all things LTE when you go into CDMA only mode, including eHRPD.  eHRPD and EVDO are exactly the same thing.  It's one and the same signal, just the network side traffic routing and processing is different.

Robert

You cannot use eHRPD when in CDMA only mode.  eHRPD is the EVDO that runs through the LTE core.  You essentially shut down all things LTE when you go into CDMA only mode, including eHRPD.  eHRPD and EVDO are exactly the same thing.  It's one and the same signal, just the network side traffic routing and processing is different.

Robert

Boom, got it now.  Thanks.

Girls in high waisted 80s style shorts :td:

Girls in good ole low waisted short shorts :tu:

Sprint service at Lolla 2014 :banana:

• Like 1

I have a brief question. They started band 26, about a month and a half ago. I am seeing speeds at 2 down, and 12 up, and before they were the opposite, and I saw the numbers even out a couple times. The times of day that I find the numbers to go up or down does NOT really change much, even at like 2 am... Can someone tell me what is going on? I know I made the cardinal sin, no more talking about chicks, *sigh*, any help with the question is appreciated guys!

I have a brief question. They started band 26, about a month and a half ago. I am seeing speeds at 2 down, and 12 up, and before they were the opposite, and I saw the numbers even out a couple times. The times of day that I find the numbers to go up or down does NOT really change much, even at like 2 am... Can someone tell me what is going on? I know I made the cardinal sin, no more talking about chicks, *sigh*, any help with the question is appreciated guys!

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. Why are uploads faster than downloads? Or why do the speeds never change?

Why did they get slower? Probably because more triband or iPhone 5s/c devices started using the new band.

Well, that's a little odd... It's the same speeds at VERY LATE HOURS... So that might not be it? When I'm in the city, the later it gets, the speeds change drastically.. I don't understand why it's doing this a month and a half after upgrades..

i once had the issues where the upload and download speeds seemed reversed. What i ended up doing is having sprint refresh the data profile on my phone.

Prl update joke, sorry, I didn't get it until later, I just had an epidural today, I'm literally EXHAUSTED, I'm a disabled vet

Well, that's a little odd... It's the same speeds at VERY LATE HOURS... So that might not be it? When I'm in the city, the later it gets, the speeds change drastically.. I don't understand why it's doing this a month and a half after upgrades..

I have only seen this hours when the carrier was super crowded during peak work hours in the loop.  When I check later at night when the loop empties out it usually goes back to greater DL bandwidth than upload, your situation is strange.