Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

I wouldn't buy a tri-band phone that doesn't support carrier aggregation. I think those devices are coming to Sprint in the 2nd half of this year.

I'm not concerned with peak speeds, only a usable service. As far as I'm aware, the multiple new channels will still be usable by single-channel devices, just without that large peak speed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Don't know bands? Not sure if you're joking?

Band 26 = 800 LTE, Band 25 = 1900 LTE, Band 41 = 25/2600 LTE (Spark)

I have so much going on in other bands more relevant to me. Comb through FCC FNPRMs for details on new emission mask requirements in 5725 - 5850 MHz, adding 5150 - 5250 and 3550 - 3650 Mhz, keeping the mobile companies' grubby hands off of 52 - 698, increased transmit power at 60 GHz, etc.

I just call them 800, 1900, 2500.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't buy a tri-band phone that doesn't support carrier aggregation.  I think those devices are coming to Sprint in the 2nd half of this year. 

I'll consider a tri-band phone if it can utilize the full 60 MHz bonded carrier that the new 8T8R B41 equipment will be soon set to broadcast (via a Cat 6+ LTE-A modem), is guaranteed to support VoLTE (either out of the box or via firmware update), comes unlocked, and can access common non-Sprint frequencies for broad domestic LTE roaming (e.g. B4 and B12).

That should cover just about everything for the foreseeable future except LTE 600, the long-term fate of which is still in question. I am optimistic that such a handset will materialize next year.

I'll consider a tri-band phone if it can utilize the full 60 MHz bonded carrier that the new 8T8R B41 equipment will be soon set to broadcast (via a Cat 6+ LTE-A modem), is guaranteed to support VoLTE (either out of the box or via firmware update), comes unlocked, and can access common non-Sprint frequencies for broad domestic LTE roaming (e.g. B4 and B12).

That should cover just about everything for the foreseeable future except LTE 600, the long-term fate of which is still in question. I am optimistic that such a handset will materialize next year.

You will not see that this year (ever?).

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

The Snapdragon 810 should be able to support 3x20 carrier aggregation, VoLTE, and will support B5 and B12.

Unlocking? That's wholly up to Sprint, but once devices are mostly 3GPP, I don't see what the big deal is. I hope a Sprint goes to full CSIM implementation in 2015, but that's just me.

2,000 posts!

• Like 2

The Snapdragon 810 should be able to support 3x20 carrier aggregation, VoLTE, and will support B5 and B12.

Unlocking? That's wholly up to Sprint, but once devices are mostly 3GPP, I don't see what the big deal is. I hope a Sprint goes to full CSIM implementation in 2015, but that's just me.

2,000 posts!

I thought that the FCC said that they were going to force the carriers to have domestic unlocks available. Sometime soon.
  • Like 2

There seems to be some kind of LTE outage in the south suburbs. Started around 0330. Anyone else having an issue? Connecting to LTE isn't the issue, it seems the connection is just dead everywhere. 3G works.

There seems to be some kind of LTE outage in the south suburbs. Started around 0330. Anyone else having an issue? Connecting to LTE isn't the issue, it seems the connection is just dead everywhere. 3G works.

I had working LTE an hour ago, but now I'm experiencing the same thing you are describing out here in the western burbs. Connects to LTE no problem but won't send or receive anything. MMS was also about 10 minutes late but eventually came through.

Posted in Premier, posting here too. Service is out completely by my house, and apparently around Chesterton, IN has no service too. So apparently an outage for Northwest Indiana? T-Mobile is out by my house too, but working everywhere else.

Update: of all the departments I spoke to retentions was the first one to be able to confirm there was a "voice outage" and expect restoration around 1 PM tomorrow. I got a service credit out of them too.

I've got b26 in northwest Indiana, in crown point by route 30... It's in Indiana!

Really? Northwest Indiana is in Indiana? I had no idea.

AJ

Band 26 seems to be live everywhere here, I've picked it up in many not so strong band 25 areas! Now the next thing is for them to optimize it as I'm not picking it up more then a mile away from any one cell site.

Important*

If you're an internet troll, and like to fight over a server, you NEED a life. Lol, for those that wanted to know, b26 has made it to Indiana????

I reported band 26 in a few spots in nw Indiana a few weeks ago over in our premier thread. It's definitely live in some places. Some remote places, too.

Important*

If you're an internet troll, and like to fight over a server, you NEED a life. Lol, for those that wanted to know, b26 has made it to Indiana????

What are you taking about? Who are you calling a troll? And we got it the first time you posted.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm new to this site... Does anyone know how I can view a premier thread?

Premier section access is a perk for those who have donated at least $100 to help keep the non profit site up and running.

AJ

Premier section access is a perk for those who have donated at least $100 to help keep the non profit site up and running.

AJ

But not $100 in one shot. It's a total of at least that much.