Photo

Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

Boston 4G LTE

• Please log in to reply
915 replies to this topic

#121 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 22,791 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 5
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

Getting 2mb down and 1mb up in southern tewksbury, I'm guessing my tower was upgraded, but S4GRU told me my area was TBD :). Hoping to see the 4G sign at the end of the month!

By the way, whats the name of the app that gives you information on thw tower your connected to?

Correction...schedule info comes directly from Sprint. Sprint schedule database said TBD. TBD just means that the person doing the data entry didn't have info about the site at the time they were entering in the data.

We shouldn't read anything into a date marked TBD. It doesn't necessarily mean it's far out.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

#122 brendan4t

brendan4t

Member Level: Digital

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Evo 4g LTE
  • LocationTewksbury, MA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Correction...schedule info comes directly from Sprint. Sprint schedule database said TBD. TBD just means that the person doing the data entry didn't have info about the site at the time they were entering in the data.

We shouldn't read anything into a date marked TBD. It doesn't necessarily mean it's far out.

Thanks :)..... And do you know of the app name that tells you the tower # your connected to?

#123 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 22,791 posts
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thanks :)..... And do you know of the app name that tells you the tower # your connected to?

There is no app that will provide you the actual Sprint Site ID numbers. But there are apps that will give you a BSID number for the sector you are on at a specific site. Apps like CDMA Field Test. However, it only works for the 1x carrier, not the EVDO carrier.

You can also get the same information from your Debug Menu, by entering ##DEBUG# in your phone dialer.

#124 mikejeep

mikejeep

The SignalCheck Guy

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

I got live 4G LTE tonight in Tewksbury around 7pm!! I was on Route 38 and likely hitting the tower at the Wynn School on Griffin Way, which I know has been worked on. Signal was strong and LTE held steady until I left the area. Speeds were very good.. screenshots attached. Even if its only temporary (?), still a great sign!

-Mike

Posted Image Posted Image
I'm the SignalCheck guy.. [Thread] [Help/FAQ] [Become an S4GRU Sponsor]

#125 borf

borf

Member Level: Smoke Signals

• S4GRU Member
  • 4 posts
  • Phones/Devices:galaxy s3
  • Locationboston

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Everything on eHRPD does the same thing - starts off bouncing over 2mbit, then just sort of jumps around and lands in the 1800 range or so. It wants to go faster, but it can't, heh.

Now that they have some headroom they're almost certainly bursting before throttling to sustained speeds. This accelerates many common use cases (email updates, html downloads, Google results) without choking capacity with large sustained downloads. Its super smart, giving a much better general user experience the majority of the time. Cable internet providers have been doing it for years.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

#126 Tsviallan

Tsviallan

• S4GRU Member
  • 2 posts
  • Phones/Devices:S3
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

I just got 4G in Medford. uploadfromtaptalk1344097225328.jpg
Briefly...

Edited by Tsviallan, 04 August 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#127 BobbyBolduc

BobbyBolduc

Member Level: 1xRTT

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Evo LTE
  • LocationNew Bedford

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

So if I am connected to a tower broadcasting eHRPD that is an updated Network Vision site? Which should be ready for LTE soon?

#128 BobbyBolduc

BobbyBolduc

Member Level: 1xRTT

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Evo LTE
  • LocationNew Bedford

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Also, are the Tewskbury site and Medford site live LTE for good? or testing?

#129 sooze

sooze

• S4GRU Member
  • 4 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Where is the Medford tower?

#130 irev210

irev210

Turbo QAM

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Sprint
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

So if I am connected to a tower broadcasting eHRPD that is an updated Network Vision site? Which should be ready for LTE soon?

No. It's a software thing. You do get routed through new switches/cores though.

#131 sooze

sooze

• S4GRU Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

I have 4g in Somerville MA. I'm in the Winter Hill area and I have 4G in my room, but outside my house I have no 4G. Drove around today in Medford near the Meadow Glen mall and looked at my phone and the 4G icon was on. The signal was real spotty and kept switching back to 3g. So I parked and tested it as soon as i got a 4G icon locked and it was 4mbps tops around the Medford/Malden line. Some tests failed half way. Not as good as the strength in my bedroom where I have a router 6 feet away from me. I would much rather having it outside where I cant use a router. I don't even know where the tower that I am connecting to is. Anybody know how to find out? Had to toggle CDMA and CDMA/LTE to get it to work in Medford. Posted Image

#132 Valeroni

Valeroni

Member Level: Digital

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Samsung Galaxy S5
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Getting 2mb down and 1mb up in southern tewksbury, I'm guessing my tower was upgraded, but S4GRU told me my area was TBD :). Hoping to see the 4G sign at the end of the month!

By the way, whats the name of the app that gives you information on thw tower your connected to?

Netmonitor. and to a lesser extent, OpenSignal.

#133 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 22,791 posts
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Netmonitor. and to a lesser extent, OpenSignal.

Neither work on Sprint LTE. They will show the site that the 1x is connected to. Not LTE, unfortunately.

#134 B_Crawford

B_Crawford

Member Level: iDEN *chirp*

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Evo 4G LTE
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

I was not able to keep a connection, but I connected to two LTE towers this weekend near Tyngsboro, MA, BSID 666 and BSID 329

And, my 4G light flashed on this morning when I connected briefly to BS54XC906 (BSID 608) in Boston, MA. I will walk over to this tower at lunch and see if I can maintain a connection

#135 fever02

fever02

Member Level: Morse Code

• S4GRU Member
  • 16 posts
  • Phones/Devices:EVO, EVO 3D
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

So I was passing BS43XC861 ( Fair Grounds) in Brockton an saw the below. The guy said he was there for metro and Sprint. This I pass every day but I'm really curious about the BS23XC445 site for upgrades (any info anyone???), also does anyone see any new panels (1900/800) on this tower ?

http://www.flickr.co...N04/7725042876/

http://www.flickr.co...N04/7725053118/

http://www.flickr.co...N04/7725056688/

#136 sooze

sooze

• S4GRU Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

I was not able to keep a connection, but I connected to two LTE towers this weekend near Tyngsboro, MA, BSID 666 and BSID 329

And, my 4G light flashed on this morning when I connected briefly to BS54XC906 (BSID 608) in Boston, MA. I will walk over to this tower at lunch and see if I can maintain a connection

I am curious to know what area of Boston. I work in Boston as well. Thanks

#137 irev210

irev210

Turbo QAM

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

I am curious to know what area of Boston. I work in Boston as well. Thanks

Assuming he is talking about the one at Quincy Market. Look a few pages back.

#138 hnic91

hnic91

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy S III
  • LocationBoston Metro

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

I got LTE on Bartlett ST in Everett today. The connection stayed on even inside of a building. I also sniffed LTE on Rt. 16 by the BNY Mellon building.

#139 irev210

irev210

Turbo QAM

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

What's the word?

#140 B_Crawford

B_Crawford

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Evo 4G LTE
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Assuming he is talking about the one at Quincy Market. Look a few pages back.

I am not sure if it is the Quincy Market tower (BS57XC005), or the Broad Street tower (BS54XC906). Either way, I am sitting at the corner of State St. and Congress St., and my 4G icon has lit up several times today. It doesn't last very long and I have only been able to generate one speed test (see below). I'll try and stroll over the Quincy Market later and I'll see if it sticks while I am over there.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users