iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I think to fix the mute switch you have to go back to that beta and then switch it to mute and then go to whichever software you want after that.

I don't think the beta had the feedback app in it iirc. Just the public betas.

Good to hear they're replacing them for being bent. Prolly set an appt for sometime this weekend to have them look at it.

I've never had it. I've been on every beta of iOS 9 and haven't seen it a single time. Is it just for the public beta users or for everyone (i.e. developers too)?

-Anthony

It's just for public beta users. Developers are supposed to use the Dev portal. I do not know why?!?

Can anyone here running iOS 9 test something for me? When you have a Bluetooth headset connected, and press the headset button to activate Siri, do you hear the Siri beep from the phone speaker, or the headset? I have this weird issue (which I've reported) where the beep, and subsequent Siri voice output through the speaker when it used to be in my headset.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Can anyone here running iOS 9 test something for me? When you have a Bluetooth headset connected, and press the headset button to activate Siri, do you hear the Siri beep from the phone speaker, or the headset? I have this weird issue (which I've reported) where the beep, and subsequent Siri voice output through the speaker when it used to be in my headset.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Mine goes through my Bluetooth all the way. Have never had it go through the speaker on the phone. What headset are you using? I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Edge.

Mine goes through my Bluetooth all the way. Have never had it go through the speaker on the phone. What headset are you using? I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Edge.

BlueParrott 250xt+ (the truck driver headset). It never used to do this. I've tried unpairing/pairing, and it's still doing it. It's weird how sounds output through the phone, but it's still accepting voice input through the headset microphone.

Sent from my iPhone 6

BlueParrott 250xt+ (the truck driver headset). It never used to do this. I've tried unpairing/pairing, and it's still doing it. It's weird how sounds output through the phone, but it's still accepting voice input through the headset microphone.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Yes, definitely weird.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Guys, I'm trying to enable the carrier testing in iTunes, but I keep getting this error.  Any ideas?

C:\Users\Vincent>C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Edit: I figured it out by opening a command prompt from the iTunes folder. Now, i've loaded it, but its not showing on the phone? Any tips?

Guys, I'm trying to enable the carrier testing in iTunes, but I keep getting this error. Any ideas?

C:\Users\Vincent>C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Edit: I figured it out by opening a command prompt from the iTunes folder. Now, i've loaded it, but its not showing on the phone? Any tips?

Are you on beta?

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

Are you on beta?

No. I went back to 8.4 (for the second time). I got the command line code to take, then the shift+restore/selecting the IPCC file worked. It showed the meter like it was loading. The phone still shows 20.1, rebooted, same thing. Not sure how to get it to take.

Sent from my iPhone 6

No. I went back to 8.4 (for the second time). I got the command line code to take, then the shift+restore/selecting the IPCC file worked. It showed the meter like it was loading. The phone still shows 20.1, rebooted, same thing. Not sure how to get it to take.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Interedting. That's all I had to do to get mine to work. As soon as I downgraded to 8.4 with my new phone I did exactly that and it worked. It keeps prompting me to update my carrier settings hahahaha. NOPE! Not until they release something better.

Do you still have be beta profile installed? Try removing it if you do and see what happens.

Anyone been noticing any weird behavior with their keyboard? My a key stops working intermittently. I have to tap on it a good dozen or so times before it registers and then I only get a few a's. Pretty weird since the screen works and responds how it should. Just the keyboard is giving me that little issue.

Anyone been noticing any weird behavior with their keyboard? My a key stops working intermittently. I have to tap on it a good dozen or so times before it registers and then I only get a few a's. Pretty weird since the screen works and responds how it should. Just the keyboard is giving me that little issue.

No, I haven't seen that, but on the beta, today has been nuts. My phone keeps soft resetting, like 4 times today so far. :twitch:

Public Beta.

I haven't caught mine doing that at all. Just had a few times where my ringer stops working even though my phone is on loud but I've had that issue ever since I got my 6.

I didn't do a clean install of the beta and I only have those couple issues.

I'd say back it up, restore and then try it again and see if it's better.

I haven't caught mine doing that at all. Just had a few times where my ringer stops working even though my phone is on loud but I've had that issue ever since I got my 6.

I didn't do a clean install of the beta and I only have those couple issues.

I'd say back it up, restore and then try it again and see if it's better.

Backup and restore? Ugh! Such a time consuming thing. It only soft reset once or twice before yesterday, and yesterday was an anomaly. I'll see what happens today and update here.

Backup and restore? Ugh! Such a time consuming thing. It only soft reset once or twice before yesterday, and yesterday was an anomaly. I'll see what happens today and update here.

Ahyep. It's not a battery or it would be more consistent and you would have more issues. It's gotta be software and the only way to fix that is a backup and restore. The worst part for me is putting all my music back on my phone. Other than that everything goes smoothly.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that for you though.

Ahyep. It's not a battery or it would be more consistent and you would have more issues. It's gotta be software and the only way to fix that is a backup and restore. The worst part for me is putting all my music back on my phone. Other than that everything goes smoothly.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that for you though.

Today is back to normal, and my phone is working ok. It overheated like crazy though, that's for sure. It might have something to do with it being 105 degrees here today and the fact that my phone wouldn't stop ringing midday.

• Like 1

My battery is just garbage most of the time. It's really the biggest, and maybe the only downside to owning an iPhone. I've just learned to deal with charging my phone twice a day.

My battery is just garbage most of the time. It's really the biggest, and maybe the only downside to owning an iPhone. I've just learned to deal with charging my phone twice a day.

Twice a day? Holy cow.

How much background and location apps are you running?

On a 6 Plus? I have a Note 4 now, but I thought my 6 Plus had excellent battery life.