Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

One thing a Sprint rep at a store told me this weekend was that you can only add new Sprint customers to Framily plans. Is your family on other networks at this time that you are waiting until this summer to have join you?

It's been that way since they started it practically.

My grandparents are on Tracfone and they have a yearly subscription. So we thought we'd bring them as new customers to the Framily as their own account. Again why the whole Family plan thing wouldn't work.

I alone too usually use 15-20gb a month so 14 wouldn't work.

I have posted Framily ID on framilycodes.com for 1 week.  Seems like its taking a little longer to fill up.  I have lost 3 in one month. We are currently at 7/10.

Is it harder to join a Framily?

Update:  as of 1/27/15, we are now at 10/10 Framily spots filled.  I had posted on Reddit and that seemed to work after a few days.

It's been that way since they started it practically.

My grandparents are on Tracfone and they have a yearly subscription. So we thought we'd bring them as new customers to the Framily as their own account. Again why the whole Family plan thing wouldn't work.

I alone too usually use 15-20gb a month so 14 wouldn't work.

If you call in I am sure you can get the 20gb data share with DD for a total of 40gb! I moved off a framily when I started using my tablet for work $35+ a month data alone on the tab was crazy!

If you call in I am sure you can get the 20gb data share with DD for a total of 40gb! I moved off a framily when I started using my tablet for work $35+ a month data alone on the tab was crazy!

I'm thinking about leaving my 10 person framily for the 20GB promotion - I find myself needing hotspot data more often than not.

One 800 is fully optimized to reach my desk in the middle of my office, I'll probably make the jump.

I'm thinking about leaving my 10 person framily for the 20GB promotion - I find myself needing hotspot data more often than not.

One 800 is fully optimized to reach my desk in the middle of my office, I'll probably make the jump.

make sure you ask for the 20+20 promotion.. You will prolly need a supervisor. I pay a little more I think but having the phone hotspot plus my zing if need be is a lot better for my lines than the framily plans..

Had four lines bail on my Framily, so now I'm down to six lines. :(

Info below for anyone interested. Also posted to Reddit.

Framily ID #R02329473Ai

Last 4 digits of phone #: 1265

Bit the bullet and spent the $15 for framilycodes.com... hopefully I get a person or two out of it.  :fingers: 

35 ×5 = 175 for the base plan

20 unl data + 10 3gb = 30

18% discount off 30 = -5 40

Tablet 10

Which gives you a base price before EIB and taxes of 209.60.

A 20gb share pack would be :

$100 20gb

-$ 18 diacount

$15x5 access fees=75

$10 tab access fee

=$167

That is a savings of $42.60 each month. On framily you said 3 lines would have 1gb each and one with 3gb. If you are expecting that kind of usage then that still leaves you 14gb for yourself.

****edit i missed the part where your mom is a sperate bill. That is the one advantage to framily.

Rocket I'm going to PM you. Have some questions...

YAY! 7 people just joined my Framily and my bill just magically dropped by $25!

$15 well spent!

• Like 4

YAY! 7 people just joined my Framily and my bill just magically dropped by $25!

$15 well spent!

Post on Reddit and fill it up to 10.  

Post on Reddit and fill it up to 10.  

Actually, I hope to leave that last one open so I can add another line to add an iPhone for myself!

• 5 months later...

I tried to get a new phone in easy pay from Best Buy, but they said they can't work with Framily. True? Any work around?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

It can be done. Best Buy can not do the early upgrades that involve device giveback on Sprint. As for regular upgrades, the rep just needs to process the Easy Pay upgrade and call NSS to have the plan put back on. Most reps don't understand Framily. It was a short lived plan, on one carrier, that not many people signed up for. Obviously new employees are not going to know a thing about it. And employees that have been there a while may know a little bit, but remember in a lot of markets Sprint is the least popular of the carriers. The time spent with Sprint plans is limited for most.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

• Like 2

Thanks. Next question: I'm returning this S6 Edge to the Sprint store because it's uncomfortable to hold. That'll leave me without a phone on that line until I walk over to the Best Buy next door. Think that would be a problem?

Thanks. Next question: I'm returning this S6 Edge to the Sprint store because it's uncomfortable to hold. That'll leave me without a phone on that line until I walk over to the Best Buy next door. Think that would be a problem?

Shouldn't be. If the rep has an issue doing the Framily upgrade have him call NSS prior to the transaction to verify it.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

• 4 weeks later...

Just for anybody wondering, lost a framily member on Monday, posted my code on reddit yesterday, got the text tonight a new member was added, putting me back at 10.  So for me still no issue keeping my Framily full.

Still the best deal on Sprint.  Unlimited for $41.20 per line with employer discount. :tu:  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Sprint reps are the corporate stores are saying cannot join Framily even though on same account?  Something changed recently? Haven't had a chance to call care to make plan changes.

The framily soc was blocked last week. I found out the hard way but bitched to a NSS supervisor til they did it. Framily is effevtively dead in the water. Which sucks i loved selling a tablet for $60 (45+15) instead of the $60plan. So my tablet sales are going to shit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The framily soc was blocked last week. I found out the hard way but bitched to a NSS supervisor til they did it. Framily is effevtively dead in the water. Which sucks i loved selling a tablet for $60 (45+15) instead of the $60plan. So my tablet sales are going to shit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

So you can no longer add people to the Framily as space opens up? I just had one drop off my Framily. So I am down to nine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can the account owner at least add new lines to their Framily still?!?!