Samsung Galaxy Mega (TRI-BAND) [SPH-L600]

MartialRanger23

Took my mother to a store that had one of the fake ATT phones and the size was a bit big for her (she really like the Note 3 size -- damn the price and single-band)... but she thinks she will get used to it (doesn't talk much on it.. looks forward to using it like a tablet)... I just want to find it a bit cheaper (wirefly or amazon maybe) since it really isn't a $199 subsidized phone (I think the unlocked ones are going for $400ish new from what I quickly saw)...

Well, after all that -- and all the hoopla of the single band on the Note 3 -- that is what she is getting -- the mega was just too big for her.. didn't hurt that Amazon Wireless has the Note 3 for $249 right now....

• Like 1

Just went into a Sprint Store and played with the Mega.  Man, that thing is huge!  I'm gonna wait a bit though until we start seeing some 800 LTE roll out before I jump on it.  Probably will be my next device though. 

I know I'm definitely going to change those ugly looking data icons, ugh...haha.

• Like 1

Just went into a Sprint Store and played with the Mega. Man, that thing is huge! I'm gonna wait a bit though until we start seeing some 800 LTE roll out before I jump on it. Probably will be my next device though.

I know I'm definitely going to change those ugly looking data icons, ugh...haha.

I love how planogram has it next to the galaxy s4 mini so it looks even bigger.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My mom got this monster on saturday. Damn that thing is big. Rep also talked her into a 50 $ galaxy tab, I don't understand the point but apparently she thinks its a good idea lol. (She also has an Ipad with hotspot plan on her phone. So its rather confusing)

• Like 1

My mom got this monster on saturday. Damn that thing is big. Rep also talked her into a 50 $ galaxy tab, I don't understand the point but apparently she thinks its a good idea lol. (She also has an Ipad with hotspot plan on her phone. So its rather confusing)

I kind of wish my mom was like your mom but that is actually a little bit excessive and really funny! I got to see the make it today and it is really big! Is she going to be using it as an actual phone?

• Like 1

I kind of wish my mom was like your mom but that is actually a little bit excessive and really funny! I got to see the make it today and it is really big! Is she going to be using it as an actual phone?

Yep I was laughing at her while she was on the phone. Wonderin if the person could even hear her cuz the mic was so far from her mouth lol.

• Like 1

Yep I was laughing at her while she was on the phone. Wonderin if the person could even hear her cuz the mic was so far from her mouth lol.

Yo momma's phone so fat...

AJ

• Like 4

She loves it though and holds onto lte like a beast. Didn't really play with it but had 4g at her house which my s3 never gets it. And the 4g was even useable.

• Like 2

Nice... well as long as she enjoys it that what matters... the thing is she probably has a bag that wouldn't work for my pockets :)

We now have confirmation that the Galaxy Mega will receive its Spark software update tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

• Like 3

We now have confirmation that the Galaxy Mega will receive its Spark software update tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

I would be really excited if I had the Sprint version. Unfortunately, we had to switch to AT&T because of the no Sprint here.  :td:

But it really is a cool phone.

I would be really excited if I had the Sprint version. Unfortunately, we had to switch to AT&T because of the no Sprint here.  :td:

Yes, this thread is for discussion of the SPH-L600 variant.  I think that we are going to have to boot you out.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Yes, this thread is for discussion of the SPH-L600 variant.  I think that we are going to have to boot you out.

;)

AJ

Lol! I feel like I have just been caught cheating! I've had Sprint for years and now I've been caught with AT&T and Sprint is filing for divorce...

You got my Galaxy Mega a couple of days ago. 

I have some concerns while playing with it hopefully S4GRU has some insight on the matter.  Keep in mind I live in Orange County, Southern California.

1) I've noticed everytime the 4GLTE signal lights up, my phone signal bar drops to 1 bar.  While when the 3G signal lights up, the bar goes to a normal phone signal range. 

2) Lately people are unable to make direct calls to me.  I usually receive a voice mail inidicating the missed call. 

I was hoping someone inside S4GRU can share some thoughts.  I haven't spoken to a Sprint representative as of yet as I entrust that S4GRU usually provides a direct answer.

I have some concerns while playing with it hopefully S4GRU has some insight on the matter.  Keep in mind I live in Orange County, Southern California.

1) I've noticed everytime the 4GLTE signal lights up, my phone signal bar drops to 1 bar.  While when the 3G signal lights up, the bar goes to a normal phone signal range. 

2) Lately people are unable to make direct calls to me.  I usually receive a voice mail inidicating the missed call. 

I was hoping someone inside S4GRU can share some thoughts.  I haven't spoken to a Sprint representative as of yet as I entrust that S4GRU usually provides a direct answer.

Read the most recent article on the Wall. You've got a Tri-Band phone, so until Sprint upgrades the 3G in your area, you'll have problems. It's unfortunate, I know.

I

Don't qoute me on this but I think with android 4.3+ signal bars show lte. So with sprint using 1900 mhz for lte mostly at this point your just bound to have a weaker 4g signal then 3g. Sad fact of 4g, better speeds means less coverage.

I

Don't qoute me on this but I think with android 4.3+ signal bars show lte. So with sprint using 1900 mhz for lte mostly at this point your just bound to have a weaker 4g signal then 3g. Sad fact of 4g, better speeds means less coverage.

I don't think it has to do with Android, but rather that the device is tri-band.  Refering to the recent article, we learned that you can only be on one type of network at a time.  Thus, when on LTE, the only network that the device can see is the LTE.  Therefore, the signal bars will show LTE signal strength.  When the device switches to CDMA/1X, it shows that signal strength.

• Like 1

I don't think it has to do with Android, but rather that the device is tri-band.  Refering to the recent article, we learned that you can only be on one type of network at a time.  Thus, when on LTE, the only network that the device can see is the LTE.  Therefore, the signal bars will show LTE signal strength.  When the device switches to CDMA/1X, it shows that signal strength.

Sorry just read this and took it as fact lol.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-htc-one/319817-sprint-htc-one-android-4-3-update-discussion-thread.html

• Like 1

Okay, so in a sad attempt to keep me somewhat anonymous (how many people own a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and wear a Disciples shirt?), I have covered part of my face in this photo just to give poeple an idea of the size of this phone. The phone feels just right to me though. Yeah. It's big, I get it. But it's awesome. Always annoying when someone asks me if it's an S4. Yeah, it's an S4...on steroids!

2013-11-16 12.36.43-1.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, so in a sad attempt to keep me somewhat anonymous (how many people own a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and wear a Disciples shirt?), I have covered part of my face in this photo just to give poeple an idea of the size of this phone. The phone feels just right to me though. Yeah. It's big, I get it. But it's awesome. Always annoying when someone asks me if it's an S4. Yeah, it's an S4...on steroids!

Joey, I prefer this pic of you. It's the one I have saved to my contact list for when you call. It makes you look less like a schizophrenic at Oktoberfest. But so much for being anonymous...

uploadfromtaptalk1384647195524.jpg

Signed,

Dad

a.k.a. S4GRU

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Joey, I prefer this pic of you. It's the one I have saved to my contact list for when you call. It makes you look less like a schizophrenic at Oktoberfest. But so much for being anonymous...

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1384647195524.jpg

Signed,

Dad

a.k.a. S4GRU

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Where is the kiss on the cheek and reminder not to miss family fun night?

• Like 2