Samsung Galaxy Mega (TRI-BAND) [SPH-L600]

MartialRanger23

Well I figured that pic would help those that currently have a Note 2 or curious about how much bigger the size of the phone would be than the Note 2 for size comparison. Who knows I might have saved some folks from a trip to the AT&T store. I still advise for you guys interested to see the thing in person for yourself at a AT&T store so you can play with the real thing.

I stopped by the AT&T store and saw the device. Sales guy kept pushing the new iPhone coming out. He kept saying I wouldn't be happy with such a big phone. I quietly said, I am happy with this one so I am sure I will be ecstatic with this new one. I pulled out the Note2 and put it next to it and he was speechless.

Just as I thought, it wasn't that much of a difference that people are throwing a fit over and felt great in the hands for typing. This might end up being my device but I have several months to see how this shakes out in the Sprint device lineup.

• Like 1

I stopped by the AT&T store and saw the device. Sales guy kept pushing the new iPhone coming out. He kept saying I wouldn't be happy with such a big phone. I quietly said, I am happy with this one so I am sure I will be ecstatic with this new one. I pulled out the Note2 and put it next to it and he was speechless.

Just as I thought, it wasn't that much of a difference that people are throwing a fit over and felt great in the hands for typing. This might end up being my device but I have several months to see how this shakes out in the Sprint device lineup.

Speaking of pushy salesman, I went into Sprint to pay my bill yesterday. The machine was broken, so someone took my payment. While I was there, I asked if I could come in and buy the new iPhone off contract or if I need to do so online. Typical doofus didn't know. Then he told me how he used to have a 4S and went to an Android, and touted how it was sooooo much better than Apple. Then I told him how I had Android phones before, and that I preferred iOS. He almost seemed perturbed that I didn't want to consider an Android phone instead of the 5S.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Speaking of pushy salesman, I went into Sprint to pay my bill yesterday. The machine was broken, so someone took my payment. While I was there, I asked if I could come in and buy the new iPhone off contract or if I need to do so online. Typical doofus didn't know. Then he told me how he used to have a 4S and went to an Android, and touted how it was sooooo much better than Apple. Then I told him how I had Android phones before, and that I preferred iOS. He almost seemed perturbed that I didn't want to consider an Android phone instead of the 5S.

I am still trying to figure out where the salesman went wrong.

:P 

• Like 6

I am still trying to figure out where the salesman went wrong.

:P

Haha. The problem is, this store is full of weird people, and they swing from nice, to pushy, to flat out stupid. I try to avoid it, but it's the only one in Visalia, and I needed to pay my bill. The part he went wrong was trying to push Android on me. I'll go back when I'm good and ready too.

Haha. The problem is, this store is full of weird people, and they swing from nice, to pushy, to flat out stupid. I try to avoid it, but it's the only one in Visalia, and I needed to pay my bill. The part he went wrong was trying to push Android on me. I'll go back when I'm good and ready too.

Pay your bill in the store? No way would I do that. Hate going in any cell phone store due to most of the idiots that are sales people.

• Like 1

Pay your bill in the store?

Western Union must have been closed that day.

;)

AJ

Pay your bill in the store? No way would I do that. Hate going in any cell phone store due to most of the idiots that are sales people.

Western Union must have been closed that day.

;)

AJ

Actually, my bank is across town, and I couldn't get there before closing. The Sprint store was right by me, and the last resort.

If you do end up getting the device, hopefully you'll make clean ROMs for it. :tu:  It needs all help it can get.

Ive been with T-Mobile for about 4 months. Ive had to go in to pay my bill about 2 of those months.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

It looks to be on the way their is someone on eBay selling the sprint variant of the mega already. I would expect a release from sprint any day now. Here is the link to the ebay page http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=151122925471

It's only 8GB? In today's world, over 85% of mobile users need no less than 16GB, and 90% of that group needs around 32GB. Talk about disappointing.

Btw, thanks for posting

It looks to be on the way their is someone on eBay selling the sprint variant of the mega already. I would expect a release from sprint any day now. Here is the link to the ebay page http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=151122925471

Nice find! I wonder if someone here bought it. How would you activate it on LTE though without a sim? The same seller also has a Verizon GS4 Mini listed.

I feel we need to get to know this man better. lol

Sprint doesn't use SIM cards for their LTE service...but I agree we should get to know this guy appears to have connections , if he is legit. It could be a sham but he appears to have a decent seller rating on ebay and the pictures of it look legit

Sprint doesn't use SIM cards for their LTE service...but I agree we should get to know this guy appears to have connections , if he is legit. It could be a sham but he appears to have a decent seller rating on ebay and the pictures of it look legit

Sprint most definitely uses a type of SIM card for lte. Early lte phones did not have s user accessible SIM but now phones do.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

Indeed Sprint does use SIM cards.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

It's only 8GB? In today's world, over 85% of mobile users need no less than 16GB, and 90% of that group needs around 32GB. Talk about disappointing.

Btw, thanks for posting

Can't you just pop a 64GB (possibly more) memory card in there?

Sprint most definitely uses a type of SIM card for lte. Early lte phones did not have s user accessible SIM but now phones do.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

My mistake your are correct. I have only had lte with two earlier sprint lte phone but the new lte phones use UICC

A UICC card is the physical smart card that allows for LTE network authentication and access. It’s a new generation SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) card. No customer-specific information—like contacts, address book, or account information, photos, or personal data— is stored on this card.

It could be embedded like they did with the early LTE phones but I am not sure

Edited by Deverauxman

No, it's not embedded, folks just stated the newer devices use SIM cards for LTE.

They ebay sellers page for the mega say's no sim in the title. Now I don't know if he means that it has a removable uicc (sim) and its not provided or It doesn't need it and they went back to embedding it like the older LTE phones. Since sprint hasn't released it yet only time will tell, But since the newer trend seems that they are using the removable uicc you could be right Edited by Deverauxman

My mistake your are correct. I have only had lte with two earlier sprint lte phone but the new lte phones use UICC

A UICC card is the physical smart card that allows for LTE network authentication and access. It’s a new generation SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) card. No customer-specific information—like contacts, address book, or account information, photos, or personal data— is stored on this card.

It could be embedded like they did with the early LTE phones but I am not sure

im able to store my contacts on my sim card....

Nonsense.  That is a made up statistic if I have ever heard one.  Substantiate it with solid evidence.

AJ

Can't you just pop a 64GB (possibly more) memory card in there?

Nonsense. That is a made up statistic if I have ever heard one. Substantiate it with solid evidence.

AJ

I'm being dramatic. Yes you could put a 64GB memory card. And AJ, I have no solid evidence to my claim. I was expressing my disdain for a device having 8GB. I personally feel that's just not enough internal memory.

I'm being dramatic. Yes you could put a 64GB memory card. And AJ, I have no solid evidence to my claim. I was expressing my disdain for a device having 8GB. I personally feel that's just not enough internal memory.

It's a mid-range device. Those of us here wishing for it to be something more due to the apparent disappointment that is the Note 3 are likely to be again disappointed.

And yes, you'll be able to use a memory card, but the more internal memory included, the better. Many apps have to be stored on the internal memory, and until 128GB cards come out (should be soon, hopefully), there's no way to get more than 100GB for, say, your whole music collection unless you have 64GB internal + a 64GB card. Not all of us want to depend on data to access our media.