EVO 4G LTE Android Jelly Bean Update 3.15.651.16

wjrandon

Does not seem to have fixed the LTE connection issue.

I still have to toggle airplane mode

With nearly any device (save maybe the Note 2 and iPhone) you have to toggle to get to LTE RIGHT AWAY. The problem was that the EVO took way longer to discover LTE on it's own. The other phones usually found it within a few minutes, the EVO waited sometimes up to half an hour. I don't have LTE here in Missouri, so I can't test that.

Phone seems slower now. Also not a fan of the blue accents and the smaller keyboard.

Edit: actually they just removed the arrows by default. The height difference through me off.

Never knew the keyboard had arrows... :scratch: guess I never looked lol.

What blue accents? Not sure what you mean there.

Could you swipe to switch between keyboards before? I don't remember that.

My phone doesn't seem to be running any faster, or slower than it was before. Still just as smooth as ever.

I can already tell an improvement with the updated radio firmware alone. I use to never get 4G in my office. Now it's at least attempting to connect. The signal is -122db and it comes and goes, but that's something I've never seen the Evo 4G LTE do in my office before! Improvements!

http://forum.xda-dev...1&postcount=470

Kernel version: 3.4.10-g014d33e

Basband version: 1.12.11.1119

http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=450

PRI Version: 2.87_003

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35402435&postcount=431

Yeah, it has that "Sprint Connection Optimizer" line in it that people saw in that document "leak" a month or so back and people wondered if that had something to do with an LTE fix.

Is that new? And I wonder how many people are going to flash some modem only thing and miss the NVRAM changes as always.

Sent from a little old Note 2

http://forum.xda-dev...1&postcount=470

Kernel version: 3.4.10-g014d33e

Basband version: 1.12.11.1119

http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=450

PRI Version: 2.87_003

http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=431

Yeah, it has that "Sprint Connection Optimizer" line in it that people saw in that document "leak" a month or so back and people wondered if that had something to do with an LTE fix.

Haha! Success! Those top two posts are from my screen shots

• Like 1

Before it had green accents and highlights. They changed them to blue. This includes the text message bubbles.

If you do not mind, we would love some screen caps, though please resize them first -- 720x1280 takes up a lot of forum real estate.

AJ

Before it had green accents and highlights. They changed them to blue. This includes the text message bubbles.

Mine was always blue, must have been the theme I chose. Like blue better anyway... ;)

I don't use the stock text messaging, so wouldn't have noticed that.

I take back the comment about green bubbles in the text app. I looked at an old screen shot and I was mistaken, they are blue.

However in the attached pictures you can see the blue accents. All of those used to be green. Small change, I know, but I did like the green. Made it different from stock android, which I am sure this is supposed to mimic.

2012-12-13 17.png

2012-12-13 f17.png

Is that new? And I wonder how many people are going to flash some modem only thing and miss the NVRAM changes as always.

Sent from a little old Note 2

For reference, I’m on stock, rooted ICS:

Kernel version: 3.0.8-01680-gb6402b4

Basband version: 1.12.11.0809

PRI Version: 2.45_003

I’ll have to look up what you meant regarding that NVRAM comment; I’m not too familiar with flashing modems.

Haha! Success! Those top two posts are from my screen shots

Well thank you for posting them on XDA and not here, I guess we know who your best friend is… :-P

And that’s why people should always cite their sources!

• Like 1

I take back the comment about green bubbles in the text app. I looked at an old screen shot and I was mistaken, they are blue.

However in the attached pictures you can see the blue accents. All of those used to be green. Small change, I know, but I did like the green. Made it different from stock android, which I am sure this is supposed to mimic.

Depends on your skin. Mine was always blue. But, you can make it green.

2012-12-13%2016.14.29.png

• Like 1

I had green and that came from the htc skins.

they also updated the stock browser to show the progress bar below the browser field and the tabs button shows the # of tabs open. it also scrolls faster in the stock browser.

the one gripe is that i don't have the same connection choices i had with ics where i can chose to charge by itself or debug, or file share. now i'm plugged into the computer and it is showing the usb connection and usb file share and automatically starts up debug mode when i reconnect.

I'll get into it more later...

I’ll have to look up what you meant regarding that NVRAM comment; I’m not too familiar with flashing modems.

Well thank you for posting them on XDA and not here, I guess we know who your best friend is… :-P

Well I was posting all the updates and changes as I was going through the update, couldn't do it for both forums at the same time, can't multitask that quick.

Depends on your skin. Mine was always blue. But, you can make it green.

2012-12-13%2016.14.29.png

I guess we now know what David will be doing this weekend: getting a pizza from Domino's, browsing at Best Buy, then catching a movie at the AMC, and paying for it with his Discover card.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Last update someone posted a files that allowed you to just flash the modem. That's bad. It's kinda like going to get a new motor in your car but leaving some of the bolts at the mechanic shop. Either let it update via the OTA like it is supposed to or get the file you flash in bootloader that has all the pieces except BOOT and Recovery that's if you are S-OFF. If you are S-OFF go back to stock and let it pull.

Of course now we have people with mixed matched PRI's, NVRAM updates and modems because they think they know everything and just flash a modem to get better speeds. Then they flash this update fully but didn't get a piece from previous. It's not the way it was designed to have half an update one time then half an update another time.

• Like 1

Maybe after updating my PRL, LTE seems to be better. I'll have to play around with it and see. Idk though if the PRL update did anything though.

Nope. LTE was enabled for all of the US in the last update for qualcomm chipset phones. Nothing in a PRL can make LTE "better" or "worse". It's simply on or off.

• Like 1

Nope. LTE was enabled for all of the US in the last update for qualcomm chipset phones. Nothing in a PRL can make LTE "better" or "worse". It's simply on or off.

Thanks. Thought it wouldn't do anything. I wonder if the problem with the EVO is now really hardware because they might have not even incorporated a fix in the update.