ferhusky

Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

does anybody know when sprint will rollout 4G in san diego?

i've apoken to a couple of reps and they told me by the end of this year.

but i dont really believe that.

does anybody have more reliable information?

Tapatalk won't let me link...

San Diego is scheduled to launch in January 2013.

• Like 1

Tapatalk won't let me link...

San Diego is scheduled to launch in January 2013.

great! just in time for my birthday

I'll make sure to not hold my breath!

Any updates here?

Not yet. I think we will start seeing something within the next 30-45 days.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Hey guys! First, I want to thank Robert, the admin, for creating this site and his continued contributions to it. It's the only one out there that has updated information on Sprint's NV deployment.

Second, I want to share a picture- http://postimage.org/image/mwgnc2kpt/. Yup, that's right. Sensorly is showing eHRPD in San Diego! Check out Robert's post to learn more about eHRPD- http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1819-what-is-ehrpd/. According to this quote from Robert,

eHRPD is not deployed site by site. It is usually deployed over an entire market at all at once, and sometimes just over a cluster of sites in a market. The arrival of Ehrpd is not a sign of imminence of LTE arrival. But it is a step forward.

http://s4gru.com/ind...dpost__p__52976

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

it looks like the San Diego market now has eHRPD. As he mentions, this doesn't mean LTE anytime soon though. Judging from the fact that San Diego wasn't released as one of 100 cities to get LTE next that Sprint published as well as the below quote from Robert,

Based on my sources, so far Sprint's lists have only included cities that can launch or prelaunch before the end of the year.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

it looks as if January 2013 is still the earliest for the expected launch for the San Diego market.

-Patrick

• Like 2

Hey guys! First, I want to thank Robert, the admin, for creating this site and his continued contributions to it. It's the only one out there that has updated information on Sprint's NV deployment.

Second, I want to share a picture- http://postimage.org/image/mwgnc2kpt/. Yup, that's right. Sensorly is showing eHRPD in San Diego! Check out Robert's post to learn more about eHRPD- http://s4gru.com/ind...-what-is-ehrpd/. According to this quote from Robert,

it looks like the San Diego market now has eHRPD. As he mentions, this doesn't mean LTE anytime soon though. Judging from the fact that San Diego wasn't released as one of 100 cities to get LTE next that Sprint published as well as the below quote from Robert,

it looks as if January 2013 is still the earliest for the expected launch for the San Diego market.

-Patrick

Good first post. Welcome to S4GRU! :welc:

Hope to see you around.

Robert

I just noticed the eHRPD too. Unfortunately, I still have miserably slow data. My parents live in Encinitas, very near where 4G was reported in the other thread, but asking them to keep an eye out for it is akin to me explaining string theory to them. I've still got my eyes (an sensors) peeled for any crews working on sites. I was hopeful an October start date, but it looks like January is more likely. Hopefully the Soft Bank deal will light a fire under their butts.

Honestly that would be a let down if the San Diego 4G LTE after not getting 4G WiMax. Honestly I just hope for consistent speedy 3G upgrades in the area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by bookertdub

Not sure what's going on in Del Mar(15th St at Camino Del Mar aka Old Highway 101), but I am not getting any native Sprint 3G whereas I used to before in the same spot. Now I'm on roaming, which makes no sense. While I never got excellent service, I would get ok service, that was good enough indoors. Now it's nothing. Fortunately I have Wifi at work.

Not sure what's going on in Del Mar(15th St at Camino Del Mar aka Old Highway 101), but I am not getting any native Sprint 3G whereas I used to before in the same spot. Now I'm on roaming, which makes no sense. While I never got excellent service, I would get ok service, that was good enough indoors. Now it's nothing. Fortunately I have Wifi at work.

Well I think I have reason to believe that the tower was down in Del Mar (same location mentioned as above) was that Sprint must have been in the process of installing eHRPD. Because that's now showing up today as opposed to EVDO-A last night.

The first screenshot was from last night, the second one was from today. I am also noticing improved 3G speeds as well. Robert, I assume that is Network Vision in process?

post-6420-1351201257724_thumb.jpg

post-6420-1351201306931_thumb.jpg

eHRPD doesn't take much to install, it's just a software update, and whole clusters or even markets are done all at once, so it's not likely that that was the reason for tower troubles. eHRPD also doesn't result in faster speeds. Robert has written a large article detailing exactly what eHRPD is. I would not attribute the change is speeds you posted to NV, rather just normal network fluctuation. If you start to get speeds of 2-2.5+Mbps on 3G, then we might be talking NV.

im not very sure if it is NV or not, but im getting faster 3G speeds in Chula Vista.

watched a 3 min video on youtube with no lag on my iphone 5.

What speeds were you getting?

Interesting, back in Del Mar (15th St & Camino Del Mar), we've gone back to EVDO-A whereas the other day it was on eHRPD

post-6420-13513746556404_thumb.jpg

OH YEAH! SD is finally on the MAP!!!!!!!!!!!

We got a tower up and accepted. I am just excited to see that SD is being worked on and has a tower. This means that the backhaul for that area is good to go and now all that is needed is the hardware to be installed, correct me if I am wrong. (by the way, the tower is in Mira Mesa)

It does make me wonder which direction the crews are working...did they start near the border and working their way north, working west to east, or....you know what I mean.

Any sitings of trucks working on towers?

What cross streets were you at

Edited by bookertdub

Over the past 2 or 3 weeks or so ehrpd has been turned off and on especially around CA State Route 56 corridor, Carmel Valley Rd. to Camino Del Mar in Del Mar. Ehrpd doesn't necessarily mean that 4G LTE is coming sooner.

It is a violation to post Sponsor content in public forums. The violative post and subsequent responses have been removed.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Should I do a drive by then of the 3G upgraded NV site without naming the address then

Edited by bookertdub

<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />Should I do a drive by from the forsaken NV upgrade site in question without naming the tower or would naming the general street address be too much

See, this is the problem with sponsor content being posted in public forums.

Since the subject is something that was only in a Sponsor thread it can only be posted in a sponsor forum.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Hi Robert, sorry about that. I was just excited and wanted to tell the members of this thread. Wont happen again.

Iz

• Like 1

It looks like the eHRPD switch has been flipped in the whole San Diego county market. I've been getting it at my parents house in Carlsbad, my condo unit in Scripps Ranch, and at the Chili's by I-8 & Mission Gorge Rd.

Edited by bookertdub

FWIW, sales person in North Park expects LTE to go live in March 2013.