I will check the engineering screen.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

LTE Discovery says 26040/8040 but please do. 

Edit: Seems to be missing from AJs potential C5+G 10x10 markets :P

• Like 1

No was by popeye. I will be back there soon.

Please do. From observing the Columbus 10x10 rollout, it pops up slowly one by one everywhere with not all sites being 10x10. There is still several 5x5 mixed in here and there slowly going bye bye one by one. 

How the heck does Orlando get a 10x10 B25 carrier before Chicagoland? :wall:

Should have stayed in FL...

Expect the B block 5 MHz carrier to be expanded to 10 MHz in the future after refarming CDMA. Chicago is one of the few markets where practically basically every site is using all available PCS spectrum so refarming may take a while. 

Expect the B block 5 MHz carrier to be expanded to 10 MHz in the future after refarming CDMA. Chicago is one of the few markets where practically basically every site is using all available PCS spectrum so refarming may take a while. 

I hope it happens soon. I'm still stuck on a stupid Verizon variant iPhone 6 (activated on Sprint, long story) without B41 support... It's been a little annoying not being able to take advantage of the extra spectrum.

So in Orlando, does that mean that they only have a single 10x10 B25 carrier deployed since it's C5 +G? Or is there still a 5x5 B25 carrier deployed somewhere else in the PCS band?

Please do. From observing the Columbus 10x10 rollout, it pops up slowly one by one everywhere with not all sites being 10x10. There is still several 5x5 mixed in here and there slowly going bye bye one by one.

In the area now about the exact spot. Still don't see it. These are the speeds.2f94881ab069d4c36aca2b4a0cd14c00.jpg5caf1449b131768c3c43341c779c6f11.jpg

In the area now about the exact spot. Still don't see it. These are the speeds.

Interesting.. I may be incorrect then but Orlando does have the spectrum for it.... 

Go to Sprint specific engineering screen with EARFCN and GCI information. GCI ending is 07 usually indicates a 2nd PCS carrier or 10x10 carrier unless it's some small cell setup...

I hope it happens soon. I'm still stuck on a stupid Verizon variant iPhone 6 (activated on Sprint, long story) without B41 support... It's been a little annoying not being able to take advantage of the extra spectrum.

So in Orlando, does that mean that they only have a single 10x10 B25 carrier deployed since it's C5 +G? Or is there still a 5x5 B25 carrier deployed somewhere else in the PCS band?

If it has been deployed then the G block 5x5 carrier is gone forever where 10x10 is live. 

Interesting.. I may be incorrect then but Orlando does have the spectrum for it....

Go to Sprint specific engineering screen with EARFCN and GCI information.

If it has been deployed then the G block 5x5 carrier is gone forever where 10x10 is live.

Sprint says the same.

What is the standard GCI ending for Ericsson PCS? SCP may have been confused then at the GCI ending.

Messed up the screenshot. I will try and get back over there. Gotta sneak away from my gril somehow. Won't be easy.

Messed up the screenshot. I will try and get back over there. Gotta sneak away from my gril somehow. Won't be easy.

Whenever you have time. Enjoy your day. Hobbies come in later :)

• Like 1

What is the standard GCI ending for Ericsson PCS? SCP may have been confused then at the GCI ending.

First carrier band 25 is 01,02,03. First carrier band 41 is 31,32,33 and second carrier 39,3A,3B. I have not seen 07 used.

The GCI is neat 05E = Orlando and 20A is above the range for sites. The 07 may mean the 7th small cell if they are using sectors for small cells like they did in Cleveland.

• 2 weeks later...

If Orlando is truly going exclusive on 10x10 B25, I'm curious if older single-band Samsung devices will be able to connect to the LTE network. I recall hearing about some sort of limitation on those devices which prevents them from connecting to anything larger than 5x5 on B25. I still have my Galaxy S3 which I believe was one of those included devices however I do not live in the area any more to investigate.

If Orlando is truly going exclusive on 10x10 B25, I'm curious if older single-band Samsung devices will be able to connect to the LTE network. I recall hearing about some sort of limitation on those devices which prevents them from connecting to anything larger than 5x5 on B25. I still have my Galaxy S3 which I believe was one of those included devices however I do not live in the area any more to investigate.

I think they all had a permissive change revisit with the FCC.  I think all Sprint LTE devices can now do 10x10 in B25.

• Like 1

I think they all had a permissive change revisit with the FCC. I think all Sprint LTE devices can now do 10x10 in B25.

If I find myself down in Orlando in the next few months I'll be sure to test my GS3 to confirm, if someone else doesn't beat me to it of course.

Also to add, Sprint has made excellent progress in Orlando since I moved up north in June 2014. In the 2H2015 Root Metrics report released on 10/15, Sprint finally beat T-Mobile and tied AT&T for 2nd place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think they all had a permissive change revisit with the FCC.  I think all Sprint LTE devices can now do 10x10 in B25.

I basically am convinced now that all Sprint LTE devices from the beginning have been 10 MHz FDD capable.  They just were not lab tested, thus not FCC authorized for 10 MHz FDD.  The lab testing and Class II filings just were formalities to ensure that the devices remain legal.  The devices almost certainly do not require firmware updates.

AJ

• Like 1

First carrier band 25 is 01,02,03. First carrier band 41 is 31,32,33 and second carrier 39,3A,3B. I have not seen 07 used.

The GCI is neat 05E = Orlando and 20A is above the range for sites. The 07 may mean the 7th small cell if they are using sectors for small cells like they did in Cleveland.

Band 25 second carrier is 09, 0A, 0B in Ericsson markets. I have not seen 07 used for anything before. 

Band 25 second carrier is 09, 0A, 0B in Ericsson markets. I have not seen 07 used for anything before.

Something about sectors 06/07/08 is happenning in the chicago thread. But that is a Samsung market not sure if it is the same.

I was thinking with small cells coming and what they did in cleveland split up a gci sector.

Something about sectors 06/07/08 is happenning in the chicago thread. But that is a Samsung market not sure if it is the same.

I was thinking with small cells coming and what they did in cleveland split up a gci sector.

Should have said - haven't seen 07 used in Ericsson/ALU markets before (they have used the same patterns so far). I've been watching the developments with the 10x10 channels and 06/07/08 sectors in Samsung markets.

I understand I seen the gci is above 1C8 which is the highest for 05E market( band 25). And all the sites gci around universal are known.

Anyways I will keep an eye out when I go through orlando this week to see if I find anything.

• Like 1

The 2nd B41 carrier is present around the Daytona Beach / Ormond area, however there are still a lot of Clear B41 sites with one carrier.

Also, I did not come across a 2nd B25 carrier in this area.

Overall the balance between B25, B26 and B41 seemed to work very well during my short visit.