it makes the six flags that is near me (great america) look like a kiddi park, cedar point has some of the most intense roller coasters i have ever been on, many of the coasters they have either are currently or have been world record breaking coasters. check out the new one for 2016 http://toyland.gizmodo.com/cedar-points-newest-coaster-will-shatter-ten-world-reco-1730493757!! its worth the drive (from any part of the country) visit in May during the weekday if you can, the park is dead walk up or 5 min wait all day long for nearly every roller coaster! ( i hate lines, and hate paying for flash pass even more) also i recoment hotel breakers for staying on site, you get discounted admission, plus its a 2 min walk to the park.

Looks like I'm going there this summer! Thanks
  • Like 1

its hit and miss with theme parks, a good example of a theme park done right is cedar point in OH, it has a macro site smack dab in the middle of the park, full build with 2 bad 41 carriers (not sure if they are CA or not i dont have a CA phone) lte blankets the park and it was smoking fast 50+ mbps outside, 15-20 mbps inside even on the crowded days.  :D

Awesome to read! I haven't been to "America's Roller Coast" Cedar Point since before I moved from Michigan almost a dozen years ago. I'm finally going to take my kids there next year. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Awesome to read! I haven't been to "America's Roller Coast" Cedar Point since before I moved from Michigan almost a dozen years ago. I'm finally going to take my kids there next year. Can't wait!

it's a great time, you won't be disappointed, also the campground is very nice now, they build a bunch a small wood cabins a few years back, if that's something your into. They are located right next to soak city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Universal DAS is AT&T only. I believe they have an exclusive agreement of some kind. I haven't heard about Verizon, but they don't have anything on property to my knowledge.

Outside of AT&T, all of the other carriers are on macro sites outside the parks.

Universal DAS is AT&T only. I believe they have an exclusive agreement of some kind. I haven't heard about Verizon, but they don't have anything on property to my knowledge.

Outside of AT&T, all of the other carriers are on macro sites outside the parks.

unfortunately theme parks like universal and  Disney have exclusive partnerships, with the "official wireless provider" so others are relegated to macro sites off property... This is not ideal i hope someday soon they will realize that it is in the parks best interest from a customer service standpoint to allow all carriers to set up DAS and small cells.  They cant expect everyone to have ATT, or use the wifi, It creates a frustrating and negative experience to park guests to have no or poor cell service.  I suspect they will come around the this once the exclusive agreement ends, most large sport venues allow DAS of all the big 4.  I just wish sprint used bad 41 DAS in the brewers home (miller park Milwaukee) sadly it lacks band 41, so it can get over loaded at times. (varies from antenna to antenna)       

60dbm band 4 signal inside of the park don't lie. They have to there is no site that close to provide that kind of signal.

Has anyone noticed a 10Mhz B25 carrier in Orlando proper yet? They say it's possible....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So...I'm gonna take it as a no....

From how I understand it, Orlando isn't a very PCS spectrum rich market. I don't recall you guys even having a second 5x5 B25 carrier deployed, so I wouldn't expect a 10x10 B25 carrier would be expected anytime soon.

Come to Illinois. We gots plenty of PCS spectrum to go around (thx USCC) [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

60dbm band 4 signal inside of the park don't lie. They have to there is no site that close to provide that kind of signal.

Are you sure it is Band 4? Their Band 13 certainly pulls those numbers on property. Open up CellMapper and see where the signal is originating from and get a proper Engineering screen. I know we have cell repeaters on property for Team Members, but they should all be AT&T only as well along with the DAS.

Are you sure it is Band 4? Their Band 13 certainly pulls those numbers on property. Open up CellMapper and see where the signal is originating from and get a proper Engineering screen. I know we have cell repeaters on property for Team Members, but they should all be AT&T only as well along with the DAS.

I am 100% sure. I only had band 13 two times there. Unless LTE Discovery is wrong. Plus I strongly doubt I would have a 40-50 megabytes on Verizon in a crowded area in daylight. Not saying its impossible but unlikely.

I am 100% sure. I only had band 13 two times there. Unless LTE Discovery is wrong. Plus I strongly doubt I would have a 40-50 megabytes on Verizon in a crowded area in daylight. Not saying its impossible but unlikely.

They could have put in a repeater. I know we are installing those in a few places for Team Members, however, they just repeat from the macro site closest. Only AT&T has a DAS here.

They could have put in a repeater. I know we are installing those in a few places for Team Members, however, they just repeat from the macro site closest. Only AT&T has a DAS here.

That must be it then. Why can't Sprint do that?

That must be it then. Why can't Sprint do that?

Because repeaters are the worse thing to attach to a macro network. They add load to a macro site, and are heavily dependent on the site for capacity, speeds, throughput. Putting in a pico cell would be the smarter approach.

Because repeaters are the worse thing to attach to a macro network. They add load to a macro site, and are heavily dependent on the site for capacity, speeds, throughput. Putting in a pico cell would be the smarter approach.

unless done like this....

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-sprints-network-densification-project-will-likely-include-70k-smal/2015-07-23

"Because acquiring fiber for backhaul is prohibitively expensive, Sprint is likely going to use wireless backhaul to save money, analysts said. Both BTIG analyst Walter Piecyk and New Street Research analyst Jonathan Chaplin said that Sprint will likely use in-band wireless backhaul solutions using the lower 2.5 GHz spectrum band that would not require line of sight. Piecyk also wrote in a blog post last week that Sprint could "allocate a chunk of the 2.5 GHz spectrum for backhaul alone, known as out-band.""

perhaps take this approach to quickly add small cells with wireless back haul and wire them at a later date, to free up the spectrum for additional band 41 carriers. 

Yeah I was at universal on last tuesday all day. Verizon and Sprint equipped. Verizon has small cells or something by the new harry potter attraction as I seen dbm as low as 60 there. Also by doctor doom while Sprint had no small cells there and I had a very far band 41 signal. Though it was usable 5-10mbps vs 40-60mbps is a hard pill to swallow in such a congested area. You could clearly see which network would crap out first.

you are most picking up the macro site outside of Universal.... should be better by the end of the year

I have heard at the end of Q3 Sprint will start deploying a second B25 carrier. So, it will not be 10x10, but Orlando will have 2 5x5 carriers which will most definitely help!!!!

• Like 1

I thought Sprint was going to calm down for the rest of the year and come out guns blazing in 2016? I took 2 months away from Orlando and only found 1 new Spark site from the ones I have logged. Even going to Orlando there was not a single new Spark site. Nokia is not moving very fast in Florida since they started late and they are probably waiting til next year to ramp up deployment. I seriously doubt it will get better this year. Could be wrong though. I will take the believe it when I see it approach.

I thought Sprint was going to calm down for the rest of the year and come out guns blazing in 2016? I took 2 months away from Orlando and only found 1 new Spark site from the ones I have logged. Even going to Orlando there was not a single new Spark site. Nokia is not moving very fast in Florida since they started late and they are probably waiting til next year to ramp up deployment. I seriously doubt it will get better this year. Could be wrong though. I will take the believe it when I see it approach.

There have been logs posted by other users clearly indicated that sprint b41 is all over the city. 

• Like 1

There have been logs posted by other users clearly indicated that sprint b41 is all over the city. 

It is but there was no new sites added. Sprint band 41 in Orlando is probably better than any other city including Tampa. When I went to Tampa 3 weeks ago band 41 is there but I was on band 25 most of the time. In Orlando I'm on band 41 at least 60% of the time. Cant vouch for Jacksonville but Daytona is getting new sites all the time seems like. Gainesville needs it bad though. College town and not a sliver of that 2600 goodness. Practically unusable around the college in daylight hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Now thAt I'm done working... This is new to me. Pretty sure I checked the other day and didn't see any new UARFCN numbers.

I know AJ will hate this but for kicks I ran some speed tests. An immediate improvement. 81ef4c66ef40e9c17f87059389e4d7b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s using moderately better tapatalk

• Like 1

Now thAt I'm done working... This is new to me. Pretty sure I checked the other day and didn't see any new UARFCN numbers.

I know AJ will hate this but for kicks I ran some speed tests. An immediate improvement.

That looks like CA indeed..

That looks like CA indeed..

Those were in locations where I had done tests previously and usually got like 15 down: not bad....but this is an improvement for sure