Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

There was an Ericcson truck there when I took the pictures.

Posted Image

Horrible angle and shot but that one antenna with the 6 cables has me questioning things. Sprint is the only I know using antennas like that right now. I don't see a RRU but we don't see the whole rack.

I picked up LTE for a second at the Rockies game last night.  I noticed it and almost immediately my phone dropped all the way to 1x. I never picked it up again that night.  The signal was pretty weak and I was sitting on the 3B side in the outfield.  

S4GRU...did u ever make that trip to stapleton? I live in the neighborhood and have gotten a few lte signals on my iphone5 but nothing that stays to long how far out you guys think we are from sprint hitting the on switch?

Last night at 10:20, I got a very weak LTE signal at near university blvd and venneford ranch road. Signal check pro picked it up but the 4g icon didn't show up in the notification bar. It wasn't strong enough so I couldn't map it. The signal strength RSRP was -126 DBm and RSRQ was -13 DBm.

It is interesting because I haven't seen any work on the towers in my area. I did just install the small update on my HTC One so maybe something changed in how it looks for LTE or maybe they are testing LTE around there.

S4GRU...did u ever make that trip to stapleton? I live in the neighborhood and have gotten a few lte signals on my iphone5 but nothing that stays to long how far out you guys think we are from sprint hitting the on switch?

Yes, I did. I got solid TD-LTE 2600 signals all over Stapleton. In the Walmart parking lot I hit over 40Mbps on my new triband LTE hotspot. You can only get it on a new triband hotspot, though. The iPhone 5 is single band. LTE 1900 hasn't made it into Stapleton yet. Triband LTE smartphones should go on sale in a few months.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes, I did. I got solid TD-LTE 2600 signals all over Stapleton.

If you live in Stapleton, are you like Tom Hanks in "The Terminal"?  Is your address Runway 15L?  And can you point me to the duty free shop?

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Yes, I did. I got solid TD-LTE 2600 signals all over Stapleton. In the Walmart parking lot I hit over 40Mbps on my new triband LTE hotspot. You can only get it on a new triband hotspot, though. The iPhone 5 is single band. LTE 1900 hasn't made it into Stapleton yet. Triband LTE smartphones should go on sale in a few months.

Wait a minute....LTE 2600?   Are all the LTE towers going up in Denver LTE 2600? Is there any way to tell on the sponsor maps which are 2600 and which are 1900?

Wait a minute....LTE 2600? Are all the LTE towers going up in Denver LTE 2600? Is there any way to tell on the sponsor maps which are 2600 and which are 1900?

LTE 2600 is on the Clearwire network and is set up on all the existing WiMax sites in the Denver Metro. Eventually Sprint will also start deploying LTE 2600 on Network Vision sites. But currently it is only occurring on existing Clearwire sites.

Took a drive up I-25 from north Denver to Longmont, then over to Estes Park. Got ZERO LTE, even abeam the tower at Dacono. Cycled airplane mode multiple times, rebooted. Nada. Yes, I am set to CDMA/LTE network in the settings. Kinda surprised at that result. Anyone else tried in the area lately?

Took a drive up I-25 from north Denver to Longmont, then over to Estes Park. Got ZERO LTE, even abeam the tower at Dacono. Cycled airplane mode multiple times, rebooted. Nada. Yes, I am set to CDMA/LTE network in the settings. Kinda surprised at that result. Anyone else tried in the area lately?

That's odd. I suppose it's possible the network is off at the moment. After all, it is an "unlaunched" market. Haha

For the record I got LTE today in the Thornton area, so ether it was a phone issue (rebooted since) or the tower(s) are back up from the lack of LTE the other day north of Denver.

• Like 1

Funny you should mention it. Just drove it yesterday on my way home from Utah and did not get a single hit anywhere along 25 heading into Denver.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta