Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I get .1 Mbps  some times even .01 Mbps on LTE when near there. Been that way for a couple weeks or more. I am still on my Note 2 and its by far the slowest I have seen when on LTE. When its the worst Tapatalk has problems connecting while I sit there munching on goodies from one of the fast food joints.

Are you down in the Dierberg's plaza when having issues? I've noticed that when connected to LTE down in that sort of valley (relative to the tower) my signal strength drops to -100 or below and my SNR values are low, between 0.1-2.0. Haven't ran a speedtest in that scenario though. But when I come up onto Veterans Memorial or Zumbehl, my signal strength and SNR both increase along with speeds, even on the same sector. I've always wondered what the deal is with that, some sort of interference maybe or just the elevation change. But if you're having issues with the site on all sectors, I don't know what could be the cause of that because that has not been my experience (on LTE at least).

Looks like there's someone up in the tower again by the old Chrysler plant off 44

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Uhoh snipper....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Wednesday(1/15)-Tuesday(1/21)

Sorry I just realized that it has been a week since my last update. Too many video games I guess. 

Highlights: First 800CDMA site.

4G-               307/773-39.7%

3G/4G-         167/773-21.6%

3G-               112/773-14.4%

3G/800-        1/773-.001%

NV Complete-587/773-76%

• Like 4

Forgot to post, but it looks like work has started on the site at I-64 and MO River. Saw a crew there yesterday with ropes hanging down, and today the ropes are gone. I think the new panels are mounted but I cannot tell for sure, there are a lot of Ericsson-looking panels on the tower and I can't really get a good look driving by on the highway.

• Like 2

Forgot to post, but it looks like work has started on the site at I-64 and MO River. Saw a crew there yesterday with ropes hanging down, and today the ropes are gone. I think the new panels are mounted but I cannot tell for sure, there are a lot of Ericsson-looking panels on the tower and I can't really get a good look driving by on the highway.

Look for 4 boxes shaped like computer towers behind each panel. Like this.

8959673664_861cfa8922_b_d.jpg

If only it were isolated to a single location. :(

but to give specifics in this instance, 270 & olive, st louis mo, serving cell 47, band 25, gci 05609a01, pci 47, tac 11013, nexus 5, build kot49h 4.4.2, baseband .17 (4.4)

• Like 1

If only it were isolated to a single location. :(

but to give specifics in this instance, 270 & olive, st louis mo, serving cell 47, band 25, gci 05609a01, pci 47, tac 11013, nexus 5, build kot49h 4.4.2, baseband .17 (4.4)

I pass that site every morning. What time of day was that so I can try to be there and test my phone on that sector?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So I got the Spark update yesterday and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with added coverage I now receive from Band 41. I have picked up 13 new B41 towers that I never had been able to connect to. Pulling decent speeds even when at like -115. Pulled 12mb down at that signal.

So I got the Spark update yesterday and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with added coverage I now receive from Band 41. I have picked up 13 new B41 towers that I never had been able to connect to. Pulling decent speeds even when at like -115. Pulled 12mb down at that signal.

That's my favorite part of Band 41. Speeds are good even with poor signals. I once got 10Mbps from a -130dBm signal. And I once pulled 3Mbps at -140dBm RSRP. Gotta like that.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's my favorite part of Band 41. Speeds are good even with poor signals. I once got 10Mbps from a -130dBm signal. And I once pulled 3Mbps at -140dBm RSRP. Gotta like that.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I held on to B41 all the way to -132. Didn't do a speed test.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Where exactly were you when this was taken? It may be worth opening a trouble ticket if it's in an area that should have good coverage.

I will also need to see your engineering screen, or a signal check pro screen shot.

Posted Image

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk