Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Hey, does anyone know what's going on with LTE in Columbia MO? We've had LTE active on half the town for around three months now. It's very annoying not having it on my part of town. Anyone know what the holdup is, or when more towers (specifically on the south side of town) will be launched? Thanks!

Hey, does anyone know what's going on with LTE in Columbia MO? We've had LTE active on half the town for around three months now. It's very annoying not having it on my part of town. Anyone know what the holdup is, or when more towers (specifically on the south side of town) will be launched? Thanks!

Sorry, afraid there's not much we can help you with. Without anyone actually checking towers to see if the new equipment has been installed, we usually don't even know a tower is being working on until we see the acceptance report come through from Sprint.

There are so many pieces when it comes to upgrading the towers, often times Sprint doesn't even have a good idea when they'll be complete. Because they have to coordinate equipment, crews, backhaul (internet connection) and permitting with the local authorities, sometimes it's not known when a site will be upgraded until a week before hand.

I knew it!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Guys, we announced this last week....  :rolleyes:

Is there anybody in the area of I-64 and Rte 141 with a tri-band phone that can see if they can connect that new tower or even the area of I-170 and Woodson area?

I connect to I-64 and 141 occasionally from my home...But not right now. I'll let you know if I connect to it.

Has something changed there since acceptance?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I connect to I-64 and 141 occasionally from my home...But not right now. I'll let you know if I connect to it.

Has something changed there since acceptance?

You have a S4 so you will be able to connect anyway. Tri-band phones won't until CSFB is put on the tower. Just wanted to make sure me messing with my phone wasn't the issue. That tower has been about two weeks almost I think but still nothing for me. Also the other tower mentioned and the one by my house still doesn't have CSFB. Seems to be getting slower on adding that. Not just a week anymore.

Annnd I just found out that the GS4 I got is not the same GS4 that will be tri-band... Well that sucks.

:wacko:  See if you can sell your phone outright and maybe come up with $200 for the difference.