Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Ericsson doesn't need to have 3G and 4G upgrades on a site for eCSFB to work. It can be installed on the legacy equipment. Only a few isolated sites are having the issue. Missouri is not a problem market. Re-read Robert's article.

This is why it's mainly a Samsung problem.

Around here what doesn't work are the 3g 4g both live sites. You get kicked back to 3g like the others have said when near one of those. I assumed all that got 3g accepted on a site with 4g live site going forward would have it too. There seem to be a lot of 3g accepted sites lately so I thought it would be something that would become more of an issue until the issue was resolved. Either way it's going be fixed soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Around here what doesn't work are the 3g 4g both live sites. You get kicked back to 3g like the others have said when near one of those. I assumed all that got 3g accepted on a site with 4g live site going forward would have it too. There seem to be a lot of 3g accepted sites lately so I thought it would be something that would become more of an issue until the issue was resolved. Either way it's going be fixed soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900

My G2 can connect to a 3G/4G site. My phone automatically connects to the 270 & Manchester site without any problem.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Actually I havent had time to post much today but the Pontoon Site was working this morning. Anyone check Motherhead?

Actually this was still causing problems tonight. Don't know why....it was fine this morning.

Sent from my SPH-L900

That was just a preliminary assessment. I have been able to connect to almost all sites. Including 3G/4G and 4G only. So it is just a problem with some sites. Also like the Pontoon site and what others are saying it will prevent you from connecting to other sites that may even be closer. Also most newly 4G accepted sites will not be eCSFB out of the gate and are usually eCSFB ready sometime shortly after acceptance. A few weeks ago we had like 4 or 5 reports of the previous weeks accepted sites getting eCSFB overnight on a Monday night. 

• Like 1

If they "launch" with this atrocious coverage.............

I'm fairly certain coverage is less than "atrocious." Perhaps you need to widen your view.

You used to actually contribute to these forums. Lately it's been all negativity. It will not be tolerated without some actual content to back it up.

If they "launch" with this atrocious coverage.............

I can truly say in the time I've been on this forum Sprint's network gas came a long way. I remember my first time getting a lte signal after the tornado came through north county last year. I thought the tornado had just damage the tower and it was flipping out cause the signal was unusual at the time. Now I can go pretty much anywhere and pick up a good signal for what I need. I say be patient if you can. I know I use way to much data to go to a different carrier.

Nothing like being spanked in front of the class for speaking the truth..... Sorry, but I have nothing but problems with slow data speeds. I wish I could hold hands and skip down the aisle singing Kumbaya.

The following is the normal in most cases. I thought it was the phone, but was given a loaner and had the same issues.

Like I mentioned before I get MUCH better data speed and MUCH better consistency with WiMax.

2e5qmw1.png

• Like 1

Nothing like being spanked in front of the class for speaking the truth..... Sorry, but I have nothing but problems with slow data speeds. I wish I could hold hands and skip down the aisle singing Kumbaya.

The following is the normal in most cases. I thought it was the phone, but was given a loaner and had the same issues.

Like I mentioned before I get MUCH better data speed and MUCH better consistency with WiMax.

Posted Image

For every low speed test others get high speed tests. I never got results like these on wimax

Posted Image

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I'll get one of those every once in awhile. Just today I was pulling 15 down. I walked 10 feet into a building to make a delivery and it was gone! I go back outside and it is back. This LTE does not penetrate buildings worth a hoot. It happens all the time for me, in all areas of the metro area. They has issues, but I guess I just need to stick my head in the sand and not say anything, because we know that fixes everything.

• Like 1

I'll get one of those every once in awhile. Just today I was pulling 15 down. I walked 10 feet into a building to make a delivery and it was gone! I go back outside and it is back. This LTE does not penetrate buildings worth a hoot. It happens all the time for me, in all areas of the metro area. They has issues, but I guess I just need to stick my head in the sand and not say anything, because we know that fixes everything.

Until we get 800 LTE I think it is going to be that way. Sucks for you being on the move all the time. I would probably be the same way.

Only going off the limit knowledge that I have is Sprint didn't have that frequency until they purchased Nextel. From what I remembered being said in here is that 800 lte has surfaced in Chicago.

My question then is simple. If 800 LTE is where it's at, then why wasn't it released to the wild instead of whatever it is we have now? That is just stupidity if you ask me.

800 is coming. And when it does, so are a lot of forum users, if you catch the drift.

• Like 1

My question then is simple. If 800 LTE is where it's at, then why wasn't it released to the wild instead of whatever it is we have now? That is just stupidity if you ask me.

They couldn't start using 800 till they shut down the Nextel network. Wimax is on the same frequency and had the same building penetration issues. Wimax won't hand off to 3g so if you leave it on your battery drains crazy fast and I never had it in Wentzville much less Troy. I'm really impressed with the coverage we have so far given how many towers there still are to go. I do service work and travel all over the metro area and have LTE more times than not.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk

Sprint was only approved to use 800 LTE this summer. They only got the designs for radios in smartphones completed this fall. That's why it wasn't released yet. They have been quietly upgrading equipment ever since. We are starting to see 800 LTE acceptance reports come in. None in Missouri yet, but many sites are scheduled for 800 LTE in the next few months.

Unfortunately, many of the older buildings in St. Louis don't let cell signals in. That goes for any carrier, unless they happen to be sitting on top of a cell site. It seems you just spend all your time in the dwindling areas that still don't have the majority of sties upgraded. I'm sure coverage downtown is not up to par yet, as there are many sites that still need upgraded. The Central West End is so dense that the cells sites are already overwhelmed. The are DAS systems in the hospitals there, that once upgraded, should help some with the congestion.

Elsewhere, last time I was in STL I had good coverage, and decent speeds 5+Mbps most of the places I went. Even downtown I had acceptable coverage, but I was getting coverage from across the rive and the Washington site. I'm sure at other times of day it's not as good.

Obviously you are not having a good experience. There is always someone. No matter what happens, cell coverage isn't going to work for everyone, on any carrier. That's just the nature of how mobile technologies work. However, the larger majority of people are seeing much improved service, so your experience is not representative. However, still valid, so long as you back up complaints with facts. Complaining for the sake of complaining is what we do not allow.

• Like 1