Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Had 4G from Brentwood/40 til almost Ladue. 3G only rest of the way up 170 and out 70.

I drove back through Delmar and 170 around 6:15 and could not get a 4G signal.  I think what you had was either them testing the site at Delmar & 170 or you were picking up Brentwood.

While I was in the area I took some picks of the rooftop site at Skinker & McPherson.

I think the 2 outside panels are AT&T, however the 1 in the middle in the back ground might be a new NV panel.

IMG_5759.jpg

Legacy Panel????

IMG_5765.jpg

Cabinets

IMG_5764.jpg

I did see an AMF truck in the area

IMG_5762.jpg

I drove back through Delmar and 170 around 6:15 and could not get a 4G signal.  I think what you had was either them testing the site at Delmar & 170 or you were picking up Brentwood.

Yea I'll keep watch on it. Its on my normal way to and from work.

While I was in the area I took some picks of the rooftop site at Skinker & McPherson.

I think the 2 outside panels are AT&T, however the 1 in the middle in the back ground might be a new NV panel.

Legacy Panel????

Cabinets

I did see an AMF truck in the area

Its really hard to tell...it could be but I am not sure. Those cabinets are legacy too.

My buddy called me this morning while he was driving, pulled 24.78 mbps right by the community college. 

I had 4G for a good bit of the way through Cottleville off of the Wiess and Knaust site this morning

This is the tower at Tesson/Tesshire in south county. Looks like it could be Sprint RRU's on the top corners, but I can't confirm.

post-2276-137242991521_thumb.jpg

Also looked at a few other sites but not much to report.

I plan on trying to look at a few other sites in South County area this weekend.

This is the tower at Tesson/Tesshire in south county. Looks like it could be Sprint RRU's on the top corners, but I can't confirm.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372429915.673965.jpg

Also looked at a few other sites but not much to report.

I plan on trying to look at a few other sites in South County area this weekend.

I don't see any NV there. What I do see is a Sprint/Nextel Synergy site. Bottom rack. 3 iDEN panels a CDMA panel. Legac tho.

has anyone checked the site at I-64 @ IL 157, went to the sprint store in Fairview last night and it looked like that site might have new panels and RRUs up?

I have not. I checked 159 and 64 last weekend and nothing.

So my co-worker and I have noticed that our 3G service has been going in and out, yesterday and today, periodically (we both have the Note 2, but different ROMs). The most likely site (by distance/geography) that we are connected to is the site at 270 and Missouri Bottom, which has NV panels, cabinets, RRUs, and a fiber marker.

Also, my LTE Engineering screen, which normally reports the serving cell ID of the last LTE serving cell the phone was connected to, is reporting a serving cell of 455, which is not a serving cell ID of any other site reported in the area so far.

Does anyone know if this is indicative of any LTE testing or possible pending activation of LTE at a site?

somewhat off topic but, I got reminded of one of the worst sprint dead spots in stl that I can think of; maryland yards @ dorsett & mckelvey.

Zero data connection, zero bars -110ish voice, with going in and out of roaming and no data even roaming.

I really hope 800 will improve the cell service there. It will be a good place to compare the before/after in any case.

somewhat off topic but, I got reminded of one of the worst sprint dead spots in stl that I can think of; maryland yards @ dorsett & mckelvey.

Zero data connection, zero bars -110ish voice, with going in and out of roaming and no data even roaming.

I really hope 800 will improve the cell service there. It will be a good place to compare the before/after in any case.

Thats really surprising with four towers right near there.

Can someone tell me what I have here? 

I took some pics of the pitiful Sprint tower nearest my home (about a mile away). 

According to the map, this is tower ST04RW765

20130625_195041%5B1%5D.jpg20130625_194913%5B1%5D.jpg

Can someone tell me what I have here? 

Sideways pictures??

All legacy equipment (can't judge the antennas), so it doesn't look like this site has been touched. :)