Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Spreadsheet is updated with 25 known locations that have permits received or applied for.

Edit: For some reason the sort feature mixed them all up...in the process of fixing

Found 2 more!

Edit: Found a whole bunch more!

Edit2: Make that a total of 44 sites with permits received or applied for in St. Louis! Spreadsheet is updated!

• Like 4

You likely won't see any impact from NV 3G updates until more sites are upgraded. To minimize disruptions, NV 3G are brought online in clusters. Whereas 4G can be brought online site by site since there are no other sites competing on that signal.

You likely won't see any impact from NV 3G updates until more sites are upgraded. To minimize disruptions, NV 3G are brought online in clusters. Whereas 4G can be brought online site by site since there are no other sites competing on that signal.

I was pulling 1.85 download farther south (270/44) so I wonder if that one has any upgrades done. To the north (270/olive) I was gettin 0.8 to 0.9 download. I'm pretty sure work hasn't been done there yet, the antennas are on top of our hotel right next to our office and I haven't heard of any work being done there yet.

In the past, these 3 areas have always yielded 0.01-1.10 download, depending on the time of day (usually around 0.5 though)

I have been interested in 4G in the St. Louis area since I got my iPhone 5 at launch, but I'd kind of forgotten about it until today. I was sitting in my car in the western Cell Phone lot at Lambert Airport and I was surprised to see the LTE logo on my phone. There were only 3 bars but they were constant and I was able to get decent speeds.

532833406.png

photojj.png

Edited by jmac631
  • Like 1

I have been interested in 4G in the St. Louis area since I got my iPhone 5 at launch, but I'd kind of forgotten about it until today. I was sitting in my car in the western Cell Phone lot at Lambert Airport and I was surprised to see the LTE logo on my phone. There were only 3 bars but they were constant and I was able to get decent speeds.

Yes this site has been discussed on here previously!

I was pulling 1.85 download farther south (270/44) so I wonder if that one has any upgrades done. To the north (270/olive) I was gettin 0.8 to 0.9 download. I'm pretty sure work hasn't been done there yet, the antennas are on top of our hotel right next to our office and I haven't heard of any work being done there yet. In the past, these 3 areas have always yielded 0.01-1.10 download, depending on the time of day (usually around 0.5 though)

It's possible some of the sites have benefited from the Maintenance updates, or previously discussed "band aid" fixes that have been going on for the legacy network to try and keep it maintained until NV comes along. The maintenance updates add backhaul, and carriers to help capacity.

New purple on Sensorly south of Tower Grove Park. Anyone in the area?

Yeah my buddy just called me, said he saw 4g on his G-Nexus for the 1st time. Didn't have much time to ask about speeds or anything but definitely said he had it. He's right around S. Kinghighway and Lansdowne.

Yeah, I was just over in Tower Grove, I plotted 10 points before it dropped. I circled all over the area from kindshighway to grand and arsenal to shaw but couldnt get it back

Edit

I see now that the blip on the map is not where i picked it up. I got it at klemm and magnolia, probably the same site

Yeah, I was just over in Tower Grove, I plotted 10 points before it dropped. I circled all over the area from kindshighway to grand and arsenal to shaw but couldnt get it back

Edit

I see now that the blip on the map is not where i picked it up. I got it at klemm and magnolia, probably the same site

Next time you get LTE can you get into your LTE Engineering screen and take screenshots or at least jot down the serving cell info. At this point I think I have one of the serving cell ids and it would help so we can narrow down whether this is one site or two sites and find out where it/they is/are.

Just did 1k points of mapping around tower grove park.

LTE coverage goes from around the park, west to arsenal/hampton, south to about gravois and kingshighway, east to about gravois and arsenal.

There are 4 towers off morganford by the train tracks, 1 att, 1 vz and 2 unmarked as far as I could see.

• Like 2

Just did 1k points of mapping around tower grove park.

LTE coverage goes from around the park, west to arsenal/hampton, south to about gravois and kingshighway, east to about gravois and arsenal.

There are 4 towers off morganford by the train tracks, 1 att, 1 vz and 2 unmarked as far as I could see.

You get SCID's?

It's in the parking lot of Wesco Distribution. Just west of the multi level Wells Fargo parking garage. If that is the one giving off the signal.

I can confirm that this is the same site that is lighting up tower grove.