New pics on KC Expected Coverage improvemens!

runagun

Robert, we need this PowerPoint presentation. Get your sources on it. Chop, chop!

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I thought Sprint was going with LTE release 10, not release 9.

No release 10 until next year. The upgrade involves no hardware changes.

Robert

I think its funny on those coverage charts that the descriptions are 'good - better - best - excellent', nothing negative there.

They should have a color shade for "dead zone" :lol:

I think its funny on those coverage charts that the descriptions are 'good - better - best - excellent', nothing negative there.

Triumph of marketing over engineering :lol: .

They should have a color shade for "dead zone" :lol:

Triumph of marketing over engineering :lol: .

Guys, the map shows areas of no native coverage quite clearly:

2s9as9j.jpg

So, what more do you expect?

AJ

They could have : Grey = No coverage/roaming.

I do find Sprint's coverage maps to be the most accurate among the cell companies in my area.

I do wish they'd make the maps easier to read, the different shades of green are on purpose to hide roaming with native coverage. They should make this clearer, as in greens for sprint and anything else to anything else.

Seriously, is there any question that the white/grey areas depicted on the map indicate roaming or no coverage?

Regardless, the map is intended to display Network Vision improvements to *native* CDMA1X/EV-DO footprint. Inclusion of any roaming footprint would not be germane.

AJ

• Like 1

I do find Sprint's coverage maps to be the most accurate among the cell companies in my area.

I do wish they'd make the maps easier to read, the different shades of green are on purpose to hide roaming with native coverage. They should make this clearer, as in greens for sprint and anything else to anything else.

Don't know what else you want... seems easy to read and definitely the best of the coverage maps from the carriers. Guess people are just very nit picky.

• Like 1

Don't know what else you want... seems easy to read and definitely the best of the coverage maps from the carriers. Guess people are just very nit picky.

Go to their coverage site. http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp

Zoom out a little, take a look at the coverage for:

1) Sprint coverage - signal strength varies

2) Off-Network Roaming

green and slightly off green. Another colour should be used, blue/red/yellow/orange...anything.

http://www.olypen.com/jinj2/pix/junk/coverage.png

This is not being picky. They do this on purpose, as do the other cell companies.

Well, the reason you can't tell a difference is that there are no areas of "Sprint coverage - signal strength varies" on that map. Normally you'd only see that in affiliate and wholesale markets where Sprint doesn't have access to the tower locations, which there are fewer of these days.