Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

10 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Those of you who have the S22 unlocked out of box, what does your CSC show under service provider software version? I flashed mine from TM "locked" to U1 and still shows TMB/TMB,TMB/XAU. Maybe it shows that anytime you have a TM SIM in?

There was a workaround on some devices to get XAA to show by flashing the Canadian unlocked, then US, and I did that, but it still lists TMB as CSC.

I know it really isn't an issue unless I sell the device as truly carrier agnostic unlocked.

I wouldn't have even bothered if I wasnt having more issues with non-Jibe RCS.

S22+ factory unlocked.

With T-Mobile Esim plus verizon network sim: TMB/VZW, TMB/AAA.

Disable Verizon SIM and it shows: TMB/TMB, TMB/XAA.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Wonder when we'll get OneUI 6.1

Seen press predictions of late April

• Like 1

https://news.samsung.com/global/one-ui-6-1-brings-galaxy-ai-from-s24-series-to-even-more-galaxy-devices

So it will be missing the advanced photo editing.  Likely the same for the S21 series.

Google may be covering that for phones from Android 8 with 3GB of Ram, although they are reserving some functions just for Pixels.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Hopefully 6.1 will be available soon. Out for AT&T and Verizon..

I just woke up and the notification was on my screen, just finished installing it. 

TMO S22U 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Hopefully 6.1 will be available soon. Out for AT&T and Verizon..

Feeling the same. Factory unlocked here. Got it for my account's s21 ultras and s24 ultras, but the s22+ is still waiting. Wifi versus over the air made no difference.

• Like 1

Being impatient I just popped in a spare VZ SIM and updated and back to T-Mobile.

Performance seems fine so far. Haven't played with AI features. I know circle to search is useful on my wife's Pixel 8.

• Like 1

S22 gets the s21 features: One UI 6.1 update: no photo cleanup AI as reported.  Does have:  circle to search, advanced charging settings for battery protection, and customize alarms.  Also has Google's Bluetooth based find my device network option.  Reportedly can (have not tested yet) move subjects from one picture to another, copy from one image paste into another, speed up or slow down parts of videos, edit movies on any galaxy device, Samsung account family groups. 

Plus the s22 adds the following AI features: real time translation during voice calls, can change the tone of your writing, interpreter of live conversations, samsung notes to summarize and correct etc.  and photo editor. Has actual advance intelligence feature topic in settings with option to do it only on your phone.

*#73# does still work if you previously enabled it.  ADB disabling of system updates not tested.

• Like 2