iPhone 11 Thread

MacinJosh

Well, since Apple invited the media to Steve Jobs Theater on September 10th, it's time to make a thread.

appleinvites-800x843.jpg

Post rumors, thoughts for specs you'd like to see, if you are considering acquiring a 2019 iPhone, and any other info.

I do know that I will not be getting the 2019 iPhone. I however will consider a Series 5 Watch depending on the feature set, or may just go for a Series 4 if the price is right.

(This first post will be updated on September 10th with launch information from the event.)

Updated with better invitation photo, linked here from MacRumors website.

@Brad The Beast I sure hope they have Qualcomm modems again too. Although I won't be getting a new phone this year. Bought a new MacBook Pro 2 months ago, so I'll be skipping out this upgrade cycle. I will be getting a new Apple Watch though. Just not decided on Series 4 for a cheaper price, or go for Series 5.

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

After digging through https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/ I think it is safe to say that the new modem inside each of the 11 models is this: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/xmm-7660-brief.pdf

That is correct, the XMM7660 is what Apple is using this year. They resolved their dispute with Qualcomm too late to switch over to their modems this year. 

Lets hope that it will be a far better modem than what was in the 2018 iPhone's. We will find out on the 20th. I did sign up for Priority Status, so let's see what promo's Sprint will give to existing customers.

• Like 1

I'm just hoping that they designed the antennas better then last years. I had the xs and it wasn't bad, I have a s10 plus now and its horrible with anything above -114. I read awhile back that samsung did change there supplier for antennas starting with the s10. I've also read that the new iPhones are using a different material for there antennas this year. Hopefully wavelength does a breakdown soon. 

10 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Carriers not doing deals this year?

T-Mobile is doing half off with trade in, and I’m still waiting for Sprint to respond on twitter, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Not sure about VZ or AT&T.

7 minutes ago, Bob Newhart said:

There is something, it is pretty good.

Got any details you can divulge?

sprint tried to call me earlier today, but I was busy and couldn’t answer and didn’t have time to call back. They could have just DM’d me the details.

2 minutes ago, mrjeff said:

Any reason for me to sign up for priority status?  I don't need a new phone but I might bite at the right price.  thanks

That just gets you to the front of the queue, in case there is a shortage for certain models. As a lot people will be ordering them.

• Like 1

After several "technical difficulty" popups sending me back a step or two, I managed to get an order placed at 7:14am...with an October 11-18 delivery 🙃 so much for Priority Status. Here's to hoping that date drops as it gets closer to release date

I was able to get in through Best Buy this afternoon and still have a delivery date of 9/20. The cool thing was they still offer installment billing and it was only $39 per month.

Has there been a article posted on here yet concerning the RF performance for the new devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, derrph said:

I was able to get in through Best Buy this afternoon and still have a delivery date of 9/20. The cool thing was they still offer installment billing and it was only $39 per month.

Has there been a article posted on here yet concerning the RF performance for the new devices?

No, but from what I've read online, it appears that the Antennas do have somewhat better performance than the XS & XS Max.

I'm on SWAC, so I can't upgrade there. Oh well.

9 hours ago, MacinJosh said:

No, but from what I've read online, it appears that the Antennas do have somewhat better performance than the XS & XS Max.

I'm on SWAC, so I can't upgrade there. Oh well.

Where did you read this?

Who pre-ordered and which version?

Green Pro-Max

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

64gb Pro Max in Green.

• Like 2