Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

We need the Engineering screens the next time that happens, please. Then we will know if you found something and if we should be excited. Thanks! :fingers:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Sprint is being buy out by us cellular :D:D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

There is a hidden menu in most phones called an LTE Engineering screen that provides specific info about your LTE connection. Like signal strength, signal quality, channel, cell ID (sector), etc. It is a must for any wireless nerd to help see and understand what is occurring,

I remember seeing it now. ##3282# on my mega, enter msl... I use that menu to force LTE only. Thanks!

This morning driving back into town, It happened again. Except, this time I noticed that the wireless provider in the notification area showed as Sprint, but when you open the app, it shows US Cellular. I can post screen shots of this annomaly, but it seems like it's an app bug vs. something to get excited about. I'll check again tonight on my way out there and see if I can pull up an engineering screen. Anyone know how to on CM ROM?

edit: I should note that the signal strengths from the initial screen grab are pretty much spot on to what I get from the Sprint LTE site north on Tower.I may reflash stock so I can get into the engineering screen on my way to work tonight and home in the morning if there is no way to access that info from a CM ROM. 

We need the Engineering screens the next time that happens, please. Then we will know if you found something and if we should be excited. Thanks! :fingers:

Edited by Craig

I am hoping so, this week.. at my job, speeds have come to a crawl ( 70kbps DL ) which normally averages 300Kbps DL.  It is nice, getting LTE OMW to work now, pretty exciting. Can't wait.

When you get LTE on your way to work is it not forced? Where is it you're picking it up?

When you get LTE on your way to work is it not forced? Where is it you're picking it up?

Not forced. (iPhone) Band 25 ..... The tower is on Weld county line road, North of Highway 52. Picking the signal up at highway 52 and County Road 5 all way west to highway 52 and North 95th St. Yesterday I hit about 28 Mpbs DL in the evening drive home.

The signal cuts out after N95th. 52 runs right into IBM.. where its legacy 3G remains.

4adygy4e.jpg

So I have a salesman man for all the carriers that's telling me his Sprint reps said that nv hasn't even started in like the Broomfield area's. He said middle of this month. He is telling people not buy Sprint service. But this is a guy that says the past three days he didn't get lte at work. I said I have had past three days and right now so not sure what your problem is. Anyways it's just sad that the Denver market is losing subscribers left and right and there is allot of misleading and then false statements out there. I try to explain but they don't care they jump ship. I'm sure this was like the same in other markets before lte went live. Just wanted to share and see if anyone has anything to say about what Sprint is doing so I can explain And reassure people. I told them the obvious and to go to this site.

So I have a salesman man for all the carriers that's telling me his Sprint reps said that nv hasn't even started in like the Broomfield area's. He said middle of this month. He is telling people not buy Sprint service. But this is a guy that says the past three days he didn't get lte at work. I said I have had past three days and right now so not sure what your problem is. Anyways it's just sad that the Denver market is losing subscribers left and right and there is allot of misleading and then false statements out there. I try to explain but they don't care they jump ship. I'm sure this was like the same in other markets before lte went live. Just wanted to share and see if anyone has anything to say about what Sprint is doing so I can explain And reassure people. I told them the obvious and to go to this site.

I am not surprised at all. A lot of information out there is incorrect, and in his position, and many like him are costing Sprint subscribers in the Denver Metro area. 

It's sad. He tells me it's cool that I'm a advocate for them. I said I don't have issues with them. Yes my patience run thin but I know what's coming. I told him to go here and get done education

Right, and the thing you have to realize, is that we are just a small percentage of customers out there in Sprint, that have some information to the NV Rollout that is a little more in depth. Most of Sprint's customers don't care, they just want it to work, and they will believe a sales rep with the Sprint logo attached to his shirt at face value, because they have no interest in researching.

It comes down to, does it work good or doesn't? If it doesn't, they will tarnish Sprint and tell their friends and family to stay and way, and go with another provider. That is just the way it goes. It is very frustrating, I know. 

Oh this will maybe help how uneducated salesmen are. He said Sprint was doing all the nv. I said no. Samsung is for our market. I named the others also for other markets. Anyways he goes Samsung? What? So that's what's out there trying to sell.

Oh this will maybe help how uneducated salesmen are. He said Sprint was doing all the nv. I said no. Samsung is for our market. I named the others also for other markets. Anyways he goes Samsung? What? So that's what's out there trying to sell.

Does it surprise you? It really shouldn't. Than again, I am not saying it shouldn't make you upset either. 

Honestly I was surprised for about a minute. Cause everything else coming out of his mouth was incorrect so then I realized he just doesn't know. Nothing I can do besides tell him to do research on here. Not upset. Anyways I drove by the tower that gave me no service last night and everything seems fine today which is good

Honestly I was surprised for about a minute. Cause everything else coming out of his mouth was incorrect so then I realized he just doesn't know. Nothing I can do besides tell him to do research on here. Not upset. Anyways I drove by the tower that gave me no service last night and everything seems fine today which is good

Yea, the towers will probably be fluctuating with service on and off at times, due to the NV rollout in the metro area. Saw something similar in the area of my job, right before the accepted LTE on the tower north of highway 52 and Weld County Line RD. 

Looks like we are close to seeing some clusters going online, with everyones reports in the thread.

You are correct Santa. My bad I didn't realize there is one right on tower. I think it's right next to a Starbucks. Well that is a good sign. I say next week it's live. Any other guesses? Well it's good news either way. its on high voltage power line tower

I think the next map update we get from Robert is going to be interesting. From our phone calls and responses the past couple of days there seems to be 27 tickets out there. Whether they are done, and out there for sprint customer service to have something to refer to, or we see 27 more sights accepted..... I wonder if we are going to see 27 more sights accepted this next map? We'll see...

Guys, not to discourage discussion, but before you start discussing specific sites, address and their current status, do you think you could move the conversation over to this thread? 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/600-network-vision-site-map-colorado-utah-and-idaho-markets/

Or alternatively, you could create your own Colorado thread in this forum: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/30-s4gru-sponsors-forum/

That way you can discuss the intimate details of each site without worrying about revealing sponsor information. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

I think the next map update we get from Robert is going to be interesting. From our phone calls and responses the past couple of days there seems to be 27 tickets out there. Whether they are done, and out there for sprint customer service to have something to refer to, or we see 27 more sights accepted..... I wonder if we are going to see 27 more sights accepted this next map? We'll see...

I thought we cleared that up already.

The "27 tickets" are for sites that are already accepted. Tickets aren't opened on NV construction. 

• Like 2

I thought we cleared that up already.

The "27 tickets" are for sites that are already accepted. Tickets aren't opened on NV construction. 

Can you give me a link where I can ask you something about that. I am a sponser, and am not sure what questions I can ask on this site. Thanks Dkoellerwx!

Can you give me a link where I can ask you something about that. I am a sponser, and am not sure what questions I can ask on this site. Thanks Dkoellerwx!

You can IM me if you've got a question about those tickets. That's a bit limited, becuase I can't / won't provide information that's not public. But judging from some of the conversations with customer care that have been described in this thread, I'm sure I can clear some things up.

• Like 1