Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Sorry trying to upload photo's of 50 speed uploads on Hamden today with spark. Guess I'll just wait for sensorly to report them tomorrow.

Haha. Its no worry. I just thought it was funny there were three blank posts in a row. What's giving you trouble uploading?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haha. Its no worry. I just thought it was funny there were three blank posts in a row. What's giving you trouble uploading?

It says that the file is too large to upload. something like it can only be 250 kb's or such. Don't know how to downsize it

If you think you are happy, check sensorly for speed tests tomorrow morning. I mapped my drive home from Hamden and wadsworth in Littleton to Parker and 225. I ran multiple sensorly speed tests: I got as high as 50 Mbps on my drive home. I had multiple Spark readings in the30's 40's and a few 50ish. Spark from Wadsworth to Sheridan. Small activity around Cinderella City. Then we crank things up at I25 and Hamden through Tamerac Square. It should all show up on Sensorly in the am. I'll post some shots on our site here for my new best friends in the morning!!! Santa

It's definitely getting exciting around here! I saw you got 49.2 down between Wads and Sheridan around six this evening. Nice!

• Like 1

It's definitely getting exciting around here! I saw you got 49.2 down between Wads and Sheridan around six this evening. Nice!

Thanks, I've been trying to download pics from the sensorly speed tests but they are too big, and I don't know how to downsize them.

Thanks, I've been trying to download pics from the sensorly speed tests but they are too big, and I don't know how to downsize them.

Either use the tapatalk app and use the attachment option, or use an image hosting service. I use drop box for all of my images.

Very cool. Those are good speeds for a signal that low. If only we could get CSFB in place... Then you wouldn't have to force LTE to enjoy those speeds!

The good news is that it's at my desk so it will be make my daily checking of my many data sucking apps that much quicker, and I really have no problem whatsoever forcing LTE mode. It's such a simple process and takes literally no time that I'll just do it every time I sit down.

The good news is that it's at my desk so it will be make my daily checking of my many data sucking apps that much quicker, and I really have no problem whatsoever forcing LTE mode. It's such a simple process and takes literally no time that I'll just do it every time I sit down.

Well enjoy having the network to yourself! It won't stay that way for much loner.. :-)

Page 100!

Had to send my Evo 4g LTE back as the screen wouldn't turn on. I'm having no phone reception/data on the old Evo Shift from the junk drawer. Same on my wife's One. Hoping this is a fits and starts moment

I have a Spring HTC 4g LTE phone and it looks like that uses band 25.  Whats the status of Sprints 4g network in Denver for band 25?  Can I force my phone into 4gLTE data only?  Its my understanding that we can get 4gLTE data to work but not with voice until the upgrades are done.  My upgrade isnt until October, but I'm considering upgrading to the new Samsung Galaxy S5, or iPhone 6 in the coming months, but thats dependant on the status of band 25.  Well thats my understanding.  ANyone know what the status is for band 25 in Denver?  

I have a Spring HTC 4g LTE phone and it looks like that uses band 25.  Whats the status of Sprints 4g network in Denver for band 25?  Can I force my phone into 4gLTE data only?  Its my understanding that we can get 4gLTE data to work but not with voice until the upgrades are done.  My upgrade isnt until October, but I'm considering upgrading to the new Samsung Galaxy S5, or iPhone 6 in the coming months, but thats dependant on the status of band 25.  Well thats my understanding.  ANyone know what the status is for band 25 in Denver?  

When LTE goes live, your device will be able to use it. It does not suffer from the same issue that tri-band devices have.

You may want to do a little more looking around this site, as you may not make it to October for your upgrade. Several sources are indicating the upgrades, aka subsidized devices are going away in favor of the financing method. You may be better off just getting a Nexus 5 from the Google Play store. 

Also, might want to remove your phone number from the Phones/Devices portion of your profile. Unless you want spam phone calls...

• Like 1

Thx for the info!!  I didnt realize my phone number was in there, or public etc.  I removed it right away.  Thx for pointing that out.  

And thx for the info on the subsidizing going away.  I'm definitely not waiting til Oct then.  I'm looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy S5 product/info release, which I believe is next week.  I dont think I'll be able to wait for the new iPhone which is months away.  The leaked info looks good, especially the much bigger screen size option.  So I'll probably stick w Android and upgrade sooner than later.  

Thx for the info!!  Cant wait to use LTE here in Denver.  I love it on the East Coast and its definitely like night and day.  KNowing Spark isnt too far away really helped retain me as a Sprint customer.  Its been the longest Ive ewaited and been promised something.  It was frustrating for a while, but after educating myself a bit (mostly from this thread/site), I understood that going to Verizon, or especially T-Mobile, wasnt in my best interest.  Thx again

• Like 2

Well I had been enjoying my new lg g2 ( i am selling my lg g if anyone is interested) I  drove by cherry creek and I was getting lte on university blvd. I was getting 4 to 7 mbs and .3 upload speed ways away from mall by the time I got to the mall my speed wen up to 16 mbs  and then 34 mbs and 10 to 16 mbs uploading speed. Around new denver courthouse and jail i was getting 44 to 54 mbs 

• Like 3

I was just wondering if its possible for sprint to have towers like two hundred yards away from each other? I believe one is sprint and other is clearwire but when ever im in that area i connect to the sprint site.  So just curious if this is normal considering they were two seperate companies and will i connect voice to sprint and data to clearwire? Thanks

Anyone know why there is a lone 3g/4g tower in Denver? I thought it had to be part of a cluster?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I wondered the same thing when I saw it appear.  It's possible the site is 3G accepted, but is still broadcasting on legacy.  Waiting for the cluster to go live before the NV side of this site goes live.  It's possible that the whole cluster is live, but for some reason the other sites did not show up on the same acceptance report.  It's also possible that it's accurate and everyone using 3G on that site is getting dropped when they hand off to another site.  Or it's possible that this is a reporting error on Sprint's side.

It will be interesting to see if this cluster does get fully accepted in the next day or two.

Robert

• Like 2

If you are going to start a new thread, you need to apply a title more accurately descriptive than "towers." I fixed it for you.

AJ

uploadfromtaptalk1392854159028.jpg can't tell will these belong too and sorry for the bad pic. But according to antenna search there use to be Nextel and it also says at&t. But I'm not sure if that's correct. I have the base pictures coming next

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk