Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

If you get a Tri-Band device, you will get LTE in Greeley. Can't say much more, you'll have to discover for yourself. Should be some fairly nice speeds too.... with a footprint similar to WiMax if you catch my drift.   ;)

I highly recommend the N5. I got the 32GB version from the Play store and activated it at a corporate Sprint store with no issues. 

dkowllerwx that was nice of you taking care of someone who actually needs it. Above and beyond! Santa

So I'm inferring from these discussions that areas outside the old Wimax footrprint are not going to see Spark for quite some time. Am I right?

Likely not for 4-6 months at least. In some areas it will likely take longer. Hard to say exactly where those places are for now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How do you force Band 41 on the Samsung Galaxy Mega?

It doesn't matter if you force b41. That is only for the initial search. If the network determines you are better of on b25, or b26, it will put you there. LTE is network controlled so it really doesn't' matter what you have set as priority, except for the initial scan.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if you force b41. That is only for the initial search. If the network determines you are better of on b25, or b26, it will put you there. LTE is network controlled so it really doesn't' matter what you have set as priority, except for the initial scan.

Thanks! How do I force 4G Lte mode only on the Galaxy Mega?

Thanks! How do I force 4G Lte mode only on the Galaxy Mega?

Oh man, I've no idea how to do that (iOS here). I assume somewhere in your network settings? Try this http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/samsunggalaxymega/index.html#samsung_galaxy_mega_ug/4g_services.html?Highlight=LTE

How do you force band 41 on lg g2 ? IS there any lte at 2500 in highlands ranch ?

I haven't found any 2500/B41 in HR. The closest is Park Meadows area then North along I25 through the DTC as well as a few spots in Littleton.  

I used to get some spotty WiMax in HR on the Photon 4G.

You can also force LTE-only within the IOT menu under system selection. You could probably disable Bands 25&26 under ##DATA# but IDK if that actually forces 41.

5689*#980#

IOT(CDG2)

Data Centric

Reboot

All good except I think you switched the * and #.   5689#*980# gets Hidden Menu. You can save it in your clip tray, in case you're forgetful, like me.

What is sprint maximum speed of lte. Some people are saying 4 to 7 mbs. I had experienced such speed in castle rock. 

The advertised average speed is 6-8Mbps.

The peak speed possible on Sprint PCS LTE is 37.5Mbps. Under good conditions, you'll likely see 10-15Mbps.

(Good conditions = all sites in the area upgraded, a moderate to strong signal, the cell site is not over crowded).

On Sprint Spark, average speeds will likely run in the 20-30Mbps, with peak speeds around 70Mbps. 

• Like 3

So i have been seeing Ericsson trucks parked at some sites.  Just yesterday I saw trucks at the tower just southeast of 27th Ave and 144th in Brighton.  Isn't that a Samsung site?

Ericsson does network maintenance and site integrations/inspections. 

• Like 1

Guys take a look at the sensorly readings in Denver On Sante Fe and Evans, South to the city of Littleton. That area lit up with some sprint Spark speeds. There are multiple hits in that area, and a 24.8 download at about Sante Fe and Hamden. Also two 29.2 downloads at Sante Fe and Louisiana. There is also a 38.9 spark reading at about I25 and Sante Fe. This is the first I've seen of any readings in this area! Wow!

Guys take a look at the sensorly readings in Denver On Sante Fe and Evans, South to the city of Littleton. That area lit up with some sprint Spark speeds. There are multiple hits in that area, and a 24.8 download at about Sante Fe and Hamden. Also two 29.2 downloads at Sante Fe and Louisiana. There is also a 38.9 spark reading at about I25 and Sante Fe. This is the first I've seen of any readings in this area! Wow!

Someone must be playing with LTE Only mode ;)

Yeah, that was me on my way to work yesterday. For the past few weeks I've put my phone in LTE mode whenever I head out just to see what happens. I leave all three bands on with their default priorities. Until yesterday, there was no signal and I make the trip daily. Then all of the sudden I had service from 6th ave down Santa Fe. Was running speed tests while stuck in the daily traffic jam. Also, Sheridan from I-70 north to 88th yesterday and today, I got some decent results as well.

• Like 1

I went to limon Colorado last night and had no service at all my friend told me that Verizon blocks the signal is that true?? is limon ever going to get service with sprint or not?

Verizon blocks signal? No. Not even.... that's illegal. It's not happening. How people come up with these things... I don't know.

That said, Sprint does not have native service in Limon. The stretch of I-70 between Salina, KS and the east side of Denver, CO has no native Sprint service. However, devices should roam on NexTech wireless in these areas. 

• Like 2

i was up there last night and my s4 didn't even roam at all?? why is that?? I turned off the phone and turned it back on and still didn't work??

Did you check your roaming settings? They often are turned off when you get the phone. I had to enable roaming on all the devices I have bought from Sprint.