Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

37 Mbps on 1900 and 37Mbps on 800.

And the test phones are not regular phones, we're not running shitty OOkla on these things. The test probably pulled from both bands at the same time.

Either carrier aggregation or your test setup is running 10x10 fdd-lte I'd say

Sent from my Nexus 5

Either carrier aggregation or your test setup is running 10x10 fdd-lte I'd say

Sent from my Nexus 5

Could be running 10x10. We really don't get the specs for the phones. They are nasty bricks designed for statistics and information only. They provide the benchmark that we compare a customer phone to. This lets us quickly determine if a complaint/problem is caused by a device or a site. Wouldn't surprise me if it is pulling 10x10, but I can't confirm one way or the other.

Could be running 10x10. We really don't get the specs for the phones. They are nasty bricks designed for statistics and information only. They provide the benchmark that we compare a customer phone to. This lets us quickly determine if a complaint/problem is caused by a device or a site. Wouldn't surprise me if it is pulling 10x10, but I can't confirm one way or the other.

It would seem strange to set up benchmarks using a system that the general public will never see. 

There aren't any current devices that can use carrier aggregation yet (1900 + 800, or 1900+1900), and Sprint has no plans to deploy a 10x10 FDD (to my knowledge).

It would seem strange to set up benchmarks using a system that the general public will never see. 

There aren't any current devices that can use carrier aggregation yet (1900 + 800, or 1900+1900), and Sprint has no plans to deploy a 10x10 FDD (to my knowledge).

Qualcaumn test devices (which I'm assuming Sprint engineers would definitely have access to) would have practically every conceivable setup available to mess around with. Definitely wouldn't surprise me if they're testing carrier aggregation between different PCS blocks considering they are now refarming unused PCS spectrum for additional carriers. 

... Sprint has no plans to deploy a 10x10 FDD (to my knowledge).

5g perhaps ... :]

Qualcaumn test devices (which I'm assuming Sprint engineers would definitely have access to) would have practically every conceivable setup available to mess around with. Definitely wouldn't surprise me if they're testing carrier aggregation between different PCS blocks considering they are now refarming unused PCS spectrum for additional carriers. 

No, it would not surprise me either.

Is CSFB available in the Denver Colorado market yet? Thank you kind sir and madam!!

In most cases, no, it is not. At least around Denver. Colorado Springs should be good to go.

Most sites have not been activated yet, though that should start in the next couple months. Once their respective cluster is accepted into the network, eCSFB should be active, meaning tri-band devices can use LTE. 

• Like 1

Is CSFB available in the Denver Colorado market yet? Thank you kind sir and madam!!

I guess Santa Claus has a lot of time on his hands to ask wireless service questions now that the North Pole at Chipita Park is closed for the season until May.

AJ

I noticed that All NV sites have been added to the NV Sites Complete map. Is this in anticipation of big things happening soon, or just some housekeeping?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/?p=266641

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Is that in academy and woodmen or downtown where is the 800 mgz lte at?? in the springs??

When Merlin says "Happy hunting", it kind of defeats the sport of hunting if he tells you where it is. BTW, the HTC One is not Spark compatible, so you won't be able to find it anyway, unless you have a spectrum sweeper.

• Like 1

Can a site go from NV accepted to lte at the same time?

The consensus around here from the experts seems to be that yes it CAN, but that doesn't mean that it WILL.

My understanding is that when a site is accepted and when the site has the fiber backhaul available to support LTE are two very different things. So if the backhaul is there and all equipment is installed etc, the site can be brought up with LTE at acceptance.

• Like 1

Can a site go from NV accepted to lte at the same time?

We had about half a dozen sites go from nothing to 3G/4G accepted in today's update.  Happens all the time.

Robert

• Like 2