Sprint Quarterly Earnings Announcement Scheduled

marioc21

Sprint's next quarterly earnings announcement is scheduled for Tuesday, May 5.  

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-corporation-schedules-fourth-fiscal-quarter-2014-results-announcement.htm

The earnings conference call will be held at 8:30am ET.

This one might be interesting.  Should get some official confirmation about expansion plans.  

• Like 9

This one might be interesting.  Should get some official confirmation about expansion plans.  

This is what i'm looking forward to! Hoping to hear something good...

I am very curious if T-Mobile will pass Sprint this quarter. Also looking towards the expansion plans being announced.

Also I wish Sprint would say something about the CCA roaming agreements!

Sent from my M8

• Like 3

I am very curious if T-Mobile will pass Sprint this quarter. Also looking towards the expansion plans being announced.

Also I wish Sprint would say something about the CCA roaming agreements!

Sent from my M8

They already have if their growth is unchanged since the last quarter.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Network expansion plans are what I am looking forward to. Also, whether or not sprint have been able to slow or grow smartphone subs. If they haven't sprint is in trouble as there doesn't seem much they can do to return to growth.

And Sprint's response to T-Mobile passing them: "We don't care."

Tmobile response

*come and see why tmobile is now America's third largest network*

Take off the Sprint goggles and look at the big picture. The advertisement landscape will change considerably and Sprints public image will be further degraded. It's ridiculously hard to acquire new subscribers who see Sprint as a carrier on life support. 

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 7

Tmobile response

*come and see why tmobile is now America's third largest network*

Come drink the pink Kool-Aid, my children.  Everyone else is doing it.  That makes it right and good.

AJ

• Like 4

Network expansion plans are what I am looking forward to. Also, whether or not sprint have been able to slow or grow smartphone subs. If they haven't sprint is in trouble as there doesn't seem much they can do to return to growth.

Serious question. If they are indeed four , how Sprint expect to get back to three? What steps should they take?

Sent from my SM-N910T

Serious question. If they are indeed four , how Sprint expect to get back to three? What steps should they take?

Sent from my SM-N910T

They would be number 4 by a small number, which could potentially be solved relatively easily with the existing promotions and better advertising.

• Like 1

They would be number 4 by a small number, which could potentially be solved relatively easily with the existing promotions and better advertising.

Not sure it's that easy.

I don't think that stops the exodus by current Sprint customers. No amount of advertising will fix the bitching and complaining by said customers.

I think it all comes down to the network. Met up with a buddy of mine at a coffee shop in Houston. Data (3G) was going in and out the whole time on his Note 4. Mine on the other hand was as stable as can be.... Three speedtests avg 45mbs down.

I'm pulling for Sprint, because I believe competition is always great for the consumer. I might even go back to Sprint because they have better Google Voice integration... Who knows.

Sent from my SM-N910T

They already have if their growth is unchanged since the last quarter.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well, if Sprint has gained another million customers, it may be just enough to stop being placed into 4th. Sprint has had some aggressive marketing lately, too.

Sent from my M8

I've noticed that AT&T is starting to show issues on RootMetrics. If Sprint continues to go to better while holding its price as a value carrier, I expect some good things. Although partially staged, I showed up my friends on Verizon and Tmobile at their house as I got access to B41 on their patio. Things such as this will change people's opinion of Sprint.

• Like 7

If Sprint becomes the #4 carrier, it's not the end of the world. It may hasten a rebrand when the network modernization project is complete, though.

Regardless of where Sprint lands, the focus should be aggressive upgrades. A/k/a, what they're doing now.

Personally I don't care if Sprint becomes #4. That doesn't affect me, my service, or my perception of sprint.

If anything it will just make Marcelo and Masa Son more hungry to take back the #3 position but right now they have more important things to worry about.

• Like 5

I would disagree with Sprint management that losing #3 is immaterial - there is material to it in the form of brand value and the inevitable T-Mobile marketing campaign.

I do agree with Mr. Famous in that it should light a fire under Marcelo's butt. Maybe not in investment as I think that's depended on funding, but more on his stage presence and rebuilding Sprint's image.

• Like 1

some of the cca agreements are up for 3G. Hopefully that's just roaming. The native coverage will be cca rrpp members that add Sprint spectrum to their towers.

Personally, I think being 1,2,3 or 4 is over rated. What matters is profitability and in that arena Sprint should be competing against itself. Sometimes when you chase size, quality suffers.

• Like 1

Take off the Sprint goggles and look at the big picture. The advertisement landscape will change considerably and Sprints public image will be further degraded. It's ridiculously hard to acquire new subscribers who see Sprint as a carrier on life support. 

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think the premise that the average wireless consumer knows where carriers rank nationally much less care is false. Same thing with Sprint's financial health. Your average consumer is looking for coverage that works for them and reliability.

• Like 4

Think about the big two. Does anyone choose ATT over verizon because they're larger? No. Despite being the 2nd largest, Verizon's overrall network perception remains best among the 4. They grow based on their pricing and perception of service quality, not their existing size. That would be like arguing someone wants to be a Comcast customer because they're the largest cableco in the country.

• Like 5

Tmo moving to 3rd is a symptom of their growth. Not the cause of their growth. Otherwise being 4th would have been hopeless and they never would have had a chance to overcome.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 6

Tmo moving to 3rd is a symptom of their growth. Not the cause of their growth. Otherwise being 4th would have been hopeless and they never would have had a chance to overcome.

I don't care what they say, you are a pretty smart guy Robert!  :lol:

• Like 1

I don't care what they say, you are a pretty smart guy Robert! [emoji38]

The older I get, the more I realize I don't know. When I was 18, I thought I knew everything. [emoji1]

• Like 2