iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Let's put it the nice way about 1x800. Here in Vegas this afternoon, my friends 5S dropped a call, and more than 1 time the voice quality went to crap while on a call. It's hit and miss at times, but sure a far cry better than me dropping calls at home in Pahrump with PCS 1x.

For those of you whose UDID I have, I'll be posting the iOS 8.3 Beta 2 IPSW file tomorrow. For whatever reason, this time around Apple didn't include OTA update so I'll put both the 6 and 6+ IPSW files in the forum.

Beta Update:

These new emojis are awesome. Love that Apple is finally acknowledging other races. I'll do a battery report tomorrow after I get home from school. See if my good battery continues.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

Anyone know of a way to block ads in safari? Pretty annoying to constantly be redirected to the App Store when trying to just scroll through a page.

I have my do not track on and also block pop-ups but still get em.

I see the App Store has a few options to block out ads but I dunno if I trust em to actually do what they say. Feels weird to be saying that about an app on an Apple product....

Anyone know of a way to block ads in safari? Pretty annoying to constantly be redirected to the App Store when trying to just scroll through a page.

I have my do not track on and also block pop-ups but still get em.

I see the App Store has a few options to block out ads but I dunno if I trust em to actually do what they say. Feels weird to be saying that about an app on an Apple product....

I posted about this like a month or two ago, almost verbatim. Are you jail broken? If so, I was using a good app called "NoAppStore" or "NoRedirect" or something along those lines (I can't remember). It worked well. I, too, was tired of being asked to download "Clash of Clans." :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I posted about this like a month or two ago, almost verbatim. Are you jail broken? If so, I was using a good app called "NoAppStore" or "NoRedirect" or something along those lines (I can't remember). It worked well. I, too, was tired of being asked to download "Clash of Clans." :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I thought I remembered someone asking about it. I'm not jail broken. 8.1.3 here and if I remember right again I think they skipped us for jailbreak. From a quick 10 second Google I see there is one for a beta but with battery life being a concern idk if I want to use a beta right now.

I thought I remembered someone asking about it. I'm not jail broken. 8.1.3 here and if I remember right again I think they skipped us for jailbreak. From a quick 10 second Google I see there is one for a beta but with battery life being a concern idk if I want to use a beta right now.

Apple was supposed to include a app store redirect blocker in iOS 8. When I was using it during the summer I noticed it but I guess it didn't make the cut

Apple was supposed to include a app store redirect blocker in iOS 8. Not even really a blocker but instead of you getting redirected by the ad Safari would ask permission first and you could decline or accept. When I was using it during the summer I noticed it but I guess it didn't make the cut.

Apple was supposed to include a app store redirect blocker in iOS 8. Not even really a blocker but instead of you getting redirected by the ad Safari would ask permission first and you could decline or accept. When I was using it during the summer I noticed it but I guess it didn't make the cut.

Read about that online and was like wait. Wth. I haven't seen this anywhere. I'm normally pretty good about tech stuff and thought I missed it.

Going to look into jailbreak stuff once I get home.

Yesterday I finally caught up with this thread after not reading it for a while I learned that the crescent front camera was a thing. I immediately grabbed my iPhone and stared at the front camera realizing that it wasn't supposed to look like that and that my front camera has always been like this since day one but never knew it was a defect. I shook my phone to see if the camera moved and luckily it didn't but I remember that the crescent used to be much bigger but always thought it was just the glare and never thought much of it.

I just shook my phone and there is a really distinct sound of something moving inside rattling quite loudly. Should I get it replaced or continue living on knowing that something inside my phone is pretty loose? Just thinking about it makes me want to get it replaced because knowing there's something wrong will just annoy me into a looney house.

• Like 1

Yesterday I finally caught up with this thread after not reading it for a while I learned that the crescent front camera was a thing. I immediately grabbed my iPhone and stared at the front camera realizing that it wasn't supposed to look like that and that my front camera has always been like this since day one but never knew it was a defect. I shook my phone to see if the camera moved and luckily it didn't but I remember that the crescent used to be much bigger but always thought it was just the glare and never thought much of it.

I just shook my phone and there is a really distinct sound of something moving inside rattling quite loudly. Should I get it replaced or continue living on knowing that something inside my phone is pretty loose? Just thinking about it makes me want to get it replaced because knowing there's something wrong will just annoy me into a looney house.

Get it replaced.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

ITs the vibrator thingy. Don't worry about it.

And I just noticed my camera finally started shifting. I am not going to take it to apple until it gets serious. They are going to think I am intentional sabotaging phones since I have already gotten 1 free replacement and 1 applecare replacement.

ITs the vibrator thingy. Don't worry about it.

And I just noticed my camera finally started shifting. I am not going to take it to apple until it gets serious. They are going to think I am intentional sabotaging phones since I have already gotten 1 free replacement and 1 applecare replacement.

I'm not taking mine in until I can't take selfies anymore. Lol that day hasn't come so I'm coolin it with my defected space grey iPhone 6 [emoji24][emoji24]

I'm not taking mine in until I can't take selfies anymore. Lol that day hasn't come so I'm coolin it with my defected space grey iPhone 6 [emoji24][emoji24]

It's really weird that it keeps doing that. Pretty stupid flaw I would think, since apple prides itself on its cameras.

• Like 1

It's really weird that it keeps doing that. Pretty stupid flaw I would think, since apple prides itself on its cameras.

It must be faulty glue it something that's coming loose and allowing it to shift.

It must be faulty glue it something that's coming loose and allowing it to shift.

Hopefully it'll get fixed in that next iPhone. Lol

Has anyone had Siri and Dictation stop working? I've gone into the settings and checked to make sure Siri is working and allowed access and she's still deaf. I can still talk on the phone and use Soundhound to identify music with no problems, but I can't use Siri or Dictation. I've tried researching online and seen comments about those two services using two microphones in the phone and when this problem happens, it's the secondary microphone used for detecting background noise that has gone faulty. Can anyone confirm this or have any possible fixes? I don't have Apple Care so I hope it's something they are aware of and will just give me a new phone :/

Get it replaced.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

How easy is it to get replaced?  I don't have Applecare +...  Do I just walk into an Apple store and show them the crescent moon that is my front camera and they will replace it no questions asked?

How easy is it to get replaced? I don't have Applecare +... Do I just walk into an Apple store and show them the crescent moon that is my front camera and they will replace it no questions asked?

Yeah I was wondering myself. It wouldn't be considered accidental damage cause it's not your fault so they should do it for free.

How easy is it to get replaced? I don't have Applecare +... Do I just walk into an Apple store and show them the crescent moon that is my front camera and they will replace it no questions asked?

Yeah I was wondering myself. It wouldn't be considered accidental damage cause it's not your fault so they should do it for free.

I was wondering the same thing because I'm set on going to get mine replaced whenever I have the time. I was looking on making an appointment at the Genius Bar but I didn't know what to put it under as.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

How easy is it to get replaced?  I don't have Applecare +...  Do I just walk into an Apple store and show them the crescent moon that is my front camera and they will replace it no questions asked?

I was wondering the same thing because I'm set on going to get mine replaced whenever I have the time. I was looking on making an appointment at the Genius Bar but I didn't know what to put it under as.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

It should just be easy as walk in, explain what's wrong, and they shouldn't have a problem replacing it.

Anyone else having issues with their phone randomly turning off?? It's happened to me at 76%, 42%, and 39% (battery). I've restored 3 times trying to fix this, first to 8.1.2 a couple weeks ago, then to 8.3b3 earlier this week, and today to 8.1.3. When I try to turn it back on after it randomly shuts off, it doesn't do anything, but it turns on when I plug it in (and when it boots up, battery percentage hasn't changed). I just scheduled a Genius Bar appointment, hopefully my replacement is miraculously on 8.1.2.

Even if it's not, 8.2 betas 2&3 are jailbreakable so I can jump onto that and continue CellularInfo jailbreak development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1