iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Apple Pay: The coolest thing ever invented by Apple ever.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

Until you go to Subway and the cashier insists that the only way to pay with your phone is to download the Subway app and scan the QR code....

It took me about 45 seconds of me telling him to just select the option for me to pay with a normal credit card before he changed the payment method, the NFC logo pops up on the card reader, I was able to pay with Apple Pay.

• Like 2

Until you go to Subway and the cashier insists that the only way to pay with your phone is to download the Subway app and scan the QR code....

It took me about 45 seconds of me telling him to just select the option for me to pay with a normal credit card before he changed the payment method, the NFC logo pops up on the card reader, I was able to pay with Apple Pay.

Ha! Haven't had that yet but now that I read this I'll be waiting. They always are amazed that I pay with my phone whenever I go in.
  • Like 1

Good question. I don't remember.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

:lol:

Do you know where you found it? I'm sure this will happen to me sooner or later and I would love to know. :tu:

Settings>General>Profiles (It won't be there right now, but it will appear right below VPN). :)

-Anthony

• Like 3

You mean the coolest thing apple ever copied?

To be honest, Apple hasn't really invented a lot. They are more in the market of being innovators; taking something already invented and more or less perfecting it. And as fan-boyish as that sounds, an argument can be made to convince many people that that is true.

-Anthony

• Like 1

I was finally able to use it at subway I told the lady to press the credit button and pow minds were blown in line lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copied technology? Sure. Making it 100 times more popular than google wallet ever was, or ever will be? Absolutely. I'm seeing the Apple pay sticker popping up all over the place. The McDonald's by me just started using it in the drive-thru. The kid had a receiver thing on a coiled cord that he held out the window.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Copied technology? Sure. Making it 100 times more popular than google wallet ever was, or ever will be? Absolutely. I'm seeing the Apple pay sticker popping up all over the place. The McDonald's by me just started using it in the drive-thru. The kid had a receiver thing on a coiled cord that he held out the window.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Not gonna lie. I had never even heard of Google wallet.... And I am all over the Internet :/

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

You're doing a great disservice to yourself if you didn't read that 17,000 word Jony Ive profile... It's a great peek at why Apple can design circles around other companies, taking good ideas and executing them in spectacular fashion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not gonna lie. I had never even heard of Google wallet.... And I am all over the Internet :/

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I have seen the NFC readers at card terminals all over the country for years. It's not a new technology. A few years ago, my debit card had a chip in it to wave at those things. It was kind of nice to just tap my wallet and pay. I, too, hadn't heard of Google Wallet until about a year ago. It isn't mainstream enough, and hardly gets advertised anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

You're doing a great disservice to yourself if you didn't read that 17,000 word Jony Ive profile... It's a great peek at why Apple can design circles around other companies, taking good ideas and executing them in spectacular fashion.

It took me while to read the whole thing, but I got through it... :tu:

-Anthony

I have seen the NFC readers at card terminals all over the country for years. It's not a new technology. A few years ago, my debit card had a chip in it to wave at those things. It was kind of nice to just tap my wallet and pay. I, too, hadn't heard of Google Wallet until about a year ago. It isn't mainstream enough, and hardly gets advertised anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Google wallet wasn't available for most people to use until kit kat came out a little over a year ago now. Google had to change the way it worked because T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T actively blocked it in favor of their own mobile payment app Softcard (Isis). I forgot what it was, it had something to do with the secure element. Sprint was the only carrier here to embrace it. Google wallet was also a large factor in my decision to purchase the EVO LTE when it came out. I'm surprised more people don't use it, it has a lot more functionality overall than apple pay does at the moment.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Google wallet wasn't available for most people to use until kit kat came out a little over a year ago now. Google had to change the way it worked because T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T actively blocked it in favor of their own mobile payment app Softcard (Isis). I forgot what it was, it had something to do with the secure element. Sprint was the only carrier here to embrace it. Google wallet was also a large factor in my decision to purchase the EVO LTE when it came out. I'm surprised more people don't use it, it has a lot more functionality overall than apple pay does at the moment.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Does the Google wallet work automatically when tapping the terminal, without hassle, and without error? Hovering my thumb over the fingerprint scanner with the screen off while tapping the reader couldn't be any easier. A blind monkey could do it. If I had to unlock my phone, find the app, activate nfc, and then enter the card password, all while standing there with a line of people behind me, I would never use it, and neither would the majority of people.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 3

Any of you have beta 8.3...did you notice that siri sounds better? I just saw a video on 9to5mac and it seems like quite an improvement.

I don't use Siri lol I never find much use for it. If it was more like Google' where I could say Hey Siri without being plugged in then I think I'd fine myself using it more but nah.

I don't use Siri lol I never find much use for it. If it was more like Google' where I could say Hey Siri without being plugged in then I think I'd fine myself using it more but nah.

I don't use siri for anything. I don't even use apple maps anymore because google maps is much more effective. I hope their next update includes a gigantic overhaul of apple maps. I am still debating on getting 8.3 beta or waiting for cellular info to jailbreak 

Does the Google wallet work automatically when tapping the terminal, without hassle, and without error? Hovering my thumb over the fingerprint scanner with the screen off while tapping the reader couldn't be any easier. A blind monkey could do it. If I had to unlock my phone, find the app, activate nfc, and then enter the card password, all while standing there with a line of people behind me, I would never use it, and neither would the majority of people.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

What really frustrates me is when I'm using Apple Pay and am prompted to sign or enter my PIN and still interact with the terminal. C'mon, merchants! Go with it!

What really frustrates me is when I'm using Apple Pay and am prompted to sign or enter my PIN and still interact with the terminal. C'mon, merchants! Go with it!

I hate that as well.  It only seems to happen to me when it is over a certain dollar amount.  You would think a fingerprint would be good enough...

• Like 1

I don't mind pressing "credit." I can deal with one button press.

I hate that as well. It only seems to happen to me when it is over a certain dollar amount. You would think a fingerprint would be good enough...

The fingerprint doesn't go to the merchant. At certain places around me, more than $25 or $30 requires a signature.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Alright. I can't be the only one with terrible battery life. I literally texted someone, put my phone down and when they responded a minute or two later my battery went from 31 to 29%. I just restored from stock and reset everything up and my battery life is still shit. What gives? No background refresh. No obnoxious screen brightness. Vibrate on unless I'm out and about and need my volume on. I've had my phone on and off the charger all day due to my battery dying so quickly.

Just after writing this I'm down to 26%.

Alright. I can't be the only one with terrible battery life. I literally texted someone, put my phone down and when they responded a minute or two later my battery went from 31 to 29%. I just restored from stock and reset everything up and my battery life is still shit. What gives? No background refresh. No obnoxious screen brightness. Vibrate on unless I'm out and about and need my volume on. I've had my phone on and off the charger all day due to my battery dying so quickly.

Just after writing this I'm down to 26%.

You're definitely not the only one, iOS 8.1.3 is known to cause battery issues. Another reason to stay on 8.1.2 :P

• Like 1

You're definitely not the only one, iOS 8.1.3 is known to cause battery issues. Another reason to stay on 8.1.2 :P

Is Apple still signing 8.1.2? I'll download it asap if so. Lol.

Should have googled before I asked. They are not signing it anymore. :/