iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Looks somebody is rocking a Cricket SIM in they're freshly unlocked iPhone 6 Plus....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I used T-Mobile yesterday, and I'm using cricket today. I haven't tried another provider around here in at least 18 months other than briefly in a burner prepaid phone. I'm trying to see what all the hoopla is about, but I just don't see it.

• Like 1

I don't understand why Tapatalk did this to us lol. Their app has completely gone to hell and it's terrible. I wish they would just use the old UI template and build off of that.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

Yep. I used T-Mobile yesterday, and I'm using cricket today. I haven't tried another provider around here in at least 18 months other than briefly in a burner prepaid phone. I'm trying to see what all the hoopla is about, but I just don't see it.

Shhhhh Fabian is probably reading. If you say Tmobile isn't that great he might have an aneurism. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why Tapatalk did this to us lol. Their app has completely gone to hell and it's terrible. I wish they would just use the old UI template and build off of that.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

Or...ya know just throw in an option to have a compressed UI. They just really want to piss their users off. Still manually doing up dates here. 

Or...ya know just throw in an option to have a compressed UI. They just really want to piss their users off. Still manually doing up dates here.

Me too.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

Didn't you hear? AT&T (Cricket) has created the "strongest signal" in America!

I got my old iPhone 5 unlocked and there's something fun about plugging in different SIMs to play around with the different networks.

• Like 2

Didn't you hear? AT&T (Cricket) has created the "strongest signal" in America!

I got my old iPhone 5 unlocked and there's something fun about plugging in different SIMs to play around with the different networks.

How's AT&T's HSPA in your area?

What do I have to do to get my 5s unlocked by Sprint? Like, what number should I be calling and what should I say/do?

-Anthony

In all honesty, you need a prayer. I called everyday for 1 week until I found a supervisor with knowledge. It may be attributed to getting the bugs out of the system, but it was tough. As long as you meet these 3 requirements, they'll unlock it: no installment/contract on the line, account in good standing, and not reported lost/stolen. The unlock push is instant, and only required a ##update#. You don't have to restore.

In all honesty, you need a prayer. I called everyday for 1 week until I found a supervisor with knowledge. It may be attributed to getting the bugs out of the system, but it was tough. As long as you meet these 3 requirements, they'll unlock it: no installment/contract on the line, account in good standing, and not reported lost/stolen. The unlock push is instant, and only required a ##update#. You don't have to restore.

Awesome. So just call and ask about a domestic unlock? And hope they know what they're doing? Lol.

-Anthony

Awesome. So just call and ask about a domestic unlock? And hope they know what they're doing? Lol.

-Anthony

Basically. If it seems sketchy, or the rep starts making up B.S. policies on the fly, ask for a supervisor. They may try to dissuade you every way they can. "Your phone may not work anywhere else; you might lose your Sprint number; you need to wait 90 days; etc.." Just refer to www.sprint.com/unlock and keep reading their own policy back to them.

• Like 1

How's AT&T's HSPA in your area?

I've only had access to TMobile & VZW Sims so far - I have a Straight Talk Sim that will work on AT&T, but I don't feel like putting down the $45 for one month of service just to play with it.

I've only had access to TMobile & VZW Sims so far - I have a Straight Talk Sim that will work on AT&T, but I don't feel like putting down the $45 for one month of service just to play with it.

Ok. I misunderstood what you had typed. How's VZW & T-Mo working?

Ok. I misunderstood what you had typed. How's VZW & T-Mo working?

I was probably confusing when I mentioned AT&T's "strongest signal" - I was just joking about their new add campaign and how frivolous a strong signal truly is but how much of a big deal AT&T has made it.

I have a data only TMobile SIM that was activated on an iPad, the one that gives 100 MB of data per month for no charge so I can't really run around town running Speed tests. Plus it's just in my Sprint iPhone 5 so it's only able to grab the HSPA+ around here. However the one speed test I ran was 12 down and 3 up and from what I can tell they have pretty decent coverage. TMobile is on the same tower as Sprint to cover my house but for some reason they've done a better job optimizing because there's a good 10 dbm better difference on TMobile.

VZW has the area blanketed in LTE, I haven't dropped to 3G once. Speeds on band 13 aren't crazy though - but I've only run two tests and one was 2/4 down/up and the second was 8/4 but I know they have band 4 all over the place so that's running better, I just can't get it on my 5.

I was probably confusing when I mentioned AT&T's "strongest signal" - I was just joking about their new add campaign and how frivolous a strong signal truly is but how much of a big deal AT&T has made it.

I have a data only TMobile SIM that was activated on an iPad, the one that gives 100 MB of data per month for no charge so I can't really run around town running Speed tests. Plus it's just in my Sprint iPhone 5 so it's only able to grab the HSPA+ around here. However the one speed test I ran was 12 down and 3 up and from what I can tell they have pretty decent coverage. TMobile is on the same tower as Sprint to cover my house but for some reason they've done a better job optimizing because there's a good 10 dbm better difference on TMobile.

VZW has the area blanketed in LTE, I haven't dropped to 3G once. Speeds on band 13 aren't crazy though - but I've only run two tests and one was 2/4 down/up and the second was 8/4 but I know they have band 4 all over the place so that's running better, I just can't get it on my 5.

So it sounds like Band 13 is still pretty burdened down because of not enough people on Band 4 devices yet.

As for T-Mo HSPA+, that's pretty good. About a year ago when I had my local WISP install Internet at my house, one of their techs said that T-Mo HSPA here had dropped from 6 Mbps to can't stream Pandora in a matter of a few months, so I was quite surprised for a small town for it to go to crap that quickly.

Well so much for Apple's amazing customer service. Walked in 10 minutes late after a bit of traffic and was informed that my appointment had been cancelled and they couldn't accommodate me until Monday at the earliest. 10 minutes.

Well so much for Apple's amazing customer service. Walked in 10 minutes late after a bit of traffic and was informed that my appointment had been cancelled and they couldn't accommodate me until Monday at the earliest. 10 minutes.

They used to give you 10 minutes grace for iPhone appointments and 15 for Mac appointments. They must have dropped it. That sucks.

Basically. If it seems sketchy, or the rep starts making up B.S. policies on the fly, ask for a supervisor. They may try to dissuade you every way they can. "Your phone may not work anywhere else; you might lose your Sprint number; you need to wait 90 days; etc.." Just refer to www.sprint.com/unlock and keep reading their own policy back to them.

So after a couple of phone calls and being given a couple of different phone numbers to call, I got in contact with a guy that said the best he could do was give me my MSL. I then asked him "oh so you can't do the DSU unlock right now?" and he said no, the only thing we can do currently is give you your MSL. Not sure what to do next...

-Anthony

So after a couple of phone calls and being given a couple of different phone numbers to call, I got in contact with a guy that said the best he could do was give me my MSL. I then asked him "oh so you can't do the DSU unlock right now?" and he said no, the only thing we can do currently is give you your MSL. Not sure what to do next...

-Anthony

Like I said, just keep trying. This is a huge catastrophe for Sprint, and probably only 10% of reps know what a DSU is, and how to do it. Just ask for a supervisor, or to be transferred to advanced technical support. I, too, had a handful of reps try to give me this magical "00000000" MSL. I said, "oh, yeah? And where should I enter this?" "..."

• Like 1

-Anthony

I just sent you a PM

• Like 1

Sadly, that's their policy. I was burned like that once because of traffic.

• Like 1

They used to give you 10 minutes grace for iPhone appointments and 15 for Mac appointments. They must have dropped it. That sucks.

Sadly, that's their policy. I was burned like that once because of traffic.

Thirty minute drive for nothing. He wouldn't even reschedule me for Tuesday, said I had to do it at home. Not too big a deal, just a bit annoying.

Thirty minute drive for nothing. He wouldn't even reschedule me for Tuesday, said I had to do it at home. Not too big a deal, just a bit annoying.

Whatever apple store you were at sucks. I went to my appointment to fix my screen 10 minutes late. The rep had my appointment reinstated right there on the spot; I had to wait 10 minutes and then I was serviced. Another incident where I came late, and the Apple Store rep rescheduled my appointment for 10-30 minutes later. Gave me some time to walk around the mall lol. One of the main reasons I remain loyal to Apple.

Edited by IsaiahL