iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

The battery life on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.3 is really starting to suck.

My 5S is taking a dive on that front too.

In other news I decided to stick with the iPhone for now. No T-Mobile switch. The EDGE experience in Chester on T-Mo with the test SIM, no. I'll try again when LTE gets here. Or *Sprint* could build a tower here. Would be nice to have a Sprint line as a Sprint mod on a Sprint site. [emoji106]

• Like 3

Mine too. Has been for the past week or so. Went ahead and backed up and restored and still nothing. Hoping 8.2 brings some positive changes.

I'm on Beta 5 of 8.2 battery life has been pretty good. I notice I stay on 100 for a long time up to 30 minutes on a 100% and that's awesome to me.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

The battery life on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.3 is really starting to suck.

I have not really seen a difference at this point.  I will say that I do make it a habit of double clicking and closing open apps, sometimes twice a day.

I charged my phone last night and it has been almost 16 hours.  Still have 87% of my battery.

I have not really seen a difference at this point.  I will say that I do make it a habit of double clicking and closing open apps, sometimes twice a day.

In my experience this doesn't really have an effect on my phone anymore. The task switcher is just a glorified "recent apps" list. Only the most recently used apps will stay "alive" for a short period in case you switch right back to them.

The only reason I used to do this was because of a bad habit I had from the Blackberry days. I haven't needed to kill any apps from the task switcher on my iPhone 6 and it runs like a dream.

• Like 1

In my experience this doesn't really have an effect on my phone anymore. The task switcher is just a glorified "recent apps" list. Only the most recently used apps will stay "alive" for a short period in case you switch right back to them.

The only reason I used to do this was because of a bad habit I had from the Blackberry days. I haven't needed to kill any apps from the task switcher on my iPhone 6 and it runs like a dream.

I understand.  I am a former Blackberry user and did it for the same reason.  Hard habit to break.

I've read that constantly killing apps uses more battery because they're being cleaned out of the RAM, and reopening them takes longer/more cpu to load up. Ever since reading this, I usually keep my most used apps open instead of constantly killing them. Have I noticed a difference in battery life? Nah.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I've read that constantly killing apps uses more battery because they're being cleaned out of the RAM, and reopening them takes longer/more cpu to load up. Ever since reading this, I usually keep my most used apps open instead of constantly killing them. Have I noticed a difference in battery life? Nah.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Yeah it does, someone at the genius bar told me that. Ever since I got my 6 I just leave everything open. I use to have a habit of closing everything, it really just disappeared when I got my 6. I'll literally double click and realize I have almost 20 to 30 apps open (I have the 64GB iPhone 6 with about 75+ apps installed)

I have to close apps because Angry Birds Transformers crashes when I have too many apps open. Otherwise I don't usually have a problem.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

There are a couple of apps that I have discovered that will drain my battery.  One is Kevo.  It is an app that uses Bluetooth to lock and unlock my front door.  I will say it does work well and beats having to unlock the door with a key in the dark.  I do close the app after use.

There are a couple of apps that I have discovered that will drain my battery. One is Kevo. It is an app that uses Bluetooth to lock and unlock my front door. I will say it does work well and beats having to unlock the door with a key in the dark. I do close the app after use.

I wish I had one of those smart locks. When I get my own house in gonna have that and the Bluetooth lighting systems. *sigh* technology [emoji123][emoji18]

• Like 1

The only thing that really seems to considerably drain my battery is Google Maps.

Apples version of Maps is not terrible, but Google Maps is horrible for battery drain on my phone.  I recognize the heavy GPS usage, but its amazing how phone my hot got this morning.

• Like 1

The only thing that really seems to considerably drain my battery is Google Maps.

Apples version of Maps is not terrible, but Google Maps is horrible for battery drain on my phone. I recognize the heavy GPS usage, but its amazing how phone my hot got this morning.

Yeah Google Maps really does a number on the battery. It heats up the phone a lot too and Apple' maps isn't that bad lol I use it sometimes. Sometimes it'll be right on point with Google. It all depends

Yeah Google Maps really does a number on the battery. It heats up the phone a lot too and Apple' maps isn't that bad lol I use it sometimes. Sometimes it'll be right on point with Google. It all depends

My biggest gripe with Apple maps is that it's not specific. Google will say in 1 mile use your left to lanes to exit and then keep left at the fork. Apple maps will go, exit here and then maybe say keep left at the fork. She won't specify that you can't be in the 3rd lane or anything like that. Google maps is much more detailed, and that's why I use it

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 2

My biggest gripe with Apple maps is that it's not specific. Google will say in 1 mile use your left to lanes to exit and then keep left at the fork. Apple maps will go, exit here and then maybe say keep left at the fork. She won't specify that you can't be in the 3rd lane or anything like that. Google maps is much more detailed, and that's why I use it

I agree with you on that one. Google maps even has the lanes at the top. Hopefully iOS 9 will add some maps features

I just took off my Invisibleshield Glass because it cracked white it was in my jacket pocket [emoji19].

And posts like this need a dislike button. I'm sorry.

I just took off my Invisibleshield Glass because it cracked white it was in my jacket pocket [emoji19].

If you're not already aware most brands are guaranteed for the life of your device (Zagg for example). They'll send you a replacement and you just need to pay ~$4.95 for shipping & handling and return the cracked product.

While the Zagg GLASS screen protectors are nice, they scratch and crack way too easily. I have replace about 4 of them on my G3 so far. It gets expensive, even at the low replacement costs to get a new one shipped. I just stopped using them after the 4th replacement cracked.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Because you broke it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Wwwwhaaaaat? I did not break it. Seriously Josh -_-

While the Zagg GLASS screen protectors are nice, they scratch and crack way too easily. I have replace about 4 of them on my G3 so far. It gets expensive, even at the low replacement costs to get a new one shipped. I just stopped using them after the 4th replacement cracked.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Yeah the edge of my first one cracked while it was in my jacket pocket. Idek how and I don't understand why either. I thought it was a completely free replacement I didn't think I'd be paying for shipping [emoji24].

Wwwwhaaaaat? I did not break it. Seriously Josh -_-

I think he may be trying to say that he wants a dislike button so he can show his sympathy, not to make fun of you.

-Anthony

• Like 2

So, my wife handed me her iPhone because of an error: "your phone can not be backed up because there's not enough storage." She regularly unloads her pictures and videos onto our laptop to free up space/back them up. I tried clearing out what I could, but still couldn't get the backup under 5gb. After some digging, I discovered she had accumulated 4.7gb in text messages stored on her phone. Holy smokes!

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 3

So, my wife handed me her iPhone because of an error: "your phone can not be backed up because there's not enough storage." She regularly unloads her pictures and videos onto our laptop to free up space/back them up. I tried clearing out what I could, but still couldn't get the backup under 5gb. After some digging, I discovered she had accumulated 4.7gb in text messages stored on her phone. Holy smokes!

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Shit, but it was 99 cents. iCloud 20 gb

• Like 3