iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

See post 1204 and post 1210 if you haven't already

I saw it. Thank you!

If the new iPhones can connect to 1x800, that's awesome and gives me hope! I'm just not sure why I can't seem to get my 6+ to connect in places I had zero issues getting my G3 to connect.

Beyond that, I'm very happy to see that it is possible and that people are connecting.

The evidence for the iPhone 6 variants is still inconclusive. But all iPhone 5 variants operate in slotted mode -- that is the only way for a non e/CSFB handset to idle on a CDMA1X network. Furthermore, waking and listening to the paging channel per the synchronized slot cycle index is the very definition of a handset idling on a CDMA1X network.

AJ

I have iPhone 6 and was able to capture this screen shot while in field test shortly after airplane mode flicked on/off.

1b4ff330387f03ebd9961e49dca24b57.jpg

I have iPhone 6 and was able to capture this screen shot while in field test shortly after airplane mode flicked on/off. 1b4ff330387f03ebd9961e49dca24b57.jpg

EDIT:  I understand what you're implying now, but when I captured this  similar screen I was not out of airplane mode.  I was driving though an area where traffic was moving 5 mph during rush hour.. I went out of engineering mode.. made a call to see if I could.. went back into engineering where the status had not changed.. there was a "bad value" reading for maybe 5 mins - kept toggling to check...then it simply went to no reading ( it had nothing there ) for several mins.,.If this was a sign of searching I'd think It would go away quick;y and if it didn't - then I wouldnt be able to make a call.... but I had tested this by making a call then again went back to engineering from that after endiing the call..

I thought one of the advantages of e/csfb was the ability to use both LTE and make calls on a CDMA network at the same time if implemented by carrier?  I know some are eager for 1x800, but if you're in an area where call quality is mostly superb like where i am - then you're not looking for eagerly for a solution.  Id think in a year when voLTE rolls out it would matter even less.  Plus wi-fi calling ....

Is my thinking way off? 

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413513539.354714.jpg

Wow. Not sure what is happening but I just got my first whiff of 1x800 on the iPhone 6+.

My PRL hasn't changed (51102). Strange that we're seeing so many reports of 1x800 on the same day. There might be zero correlation. I'm just glad to see it in the flesh myself.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

• Like 3

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1413513539.354714.jpg

Wow. Not sure what is happening but I just got my first whiff of 1x800 on the iPhone 6+.

My PRL hasn't changed (51102). Strange that we're seeing so many reports of 1x800 on the same day. There might be zero correlation. I'm just glad to see it in the flesh myself.

Under what conditions do you feel this happened?

i'm liking this 1x800 news! my wifes iphone 5 has connected to 1x800 before but it was at her work which is a giant concrete/brick building. even when it would see it as soon as it saw a hint of 1900 it was back on it, even though the signal was unusable.

here's my theory :) based on my observations on my android phone, running the stock PRL for it, i will usually idle on 1900, sometimes on 1x800. however when i make or receive a phone call the network will put me on either 1x1900 or 1x800 during the call, when the call finishes i will either go back to idling on 1x1900 or 1x800.

with the iphone its PRL forces it to idle on 1x1900, what if they changed something on the network side where the network is now choosing to put the iphone on 1x800 when making/receiving calls, then when the call is done the phone is staying on 1x800 until the next time the PRL is checked/scanned and it then puts it back on 1x1900.....

just my guess based on observation :) either way thats good news if the iphone starts using 1x800 more!

Useless bitching commence: Why is it that the iPad air 2 is .8 mm smaller than iPhone 6, and yet the camera is safely tucked inside.

They use different cameras.  Notice that the iPA2 can only do 120fps slomo while the iP6 does 240.  Also the iPA2 stops down to a ƒ/2.4 aperture while the iP6 goes down to ƒ/2.2.

• Like 1

They use different cameras.  Notice that the iPA2 can only do 120fps slomo while the iP6 does 240.  Also the iPA2 stops down to a ƒ/2.4 aperture while the iP6 goes down to ƒ/2.2.

Thank you. I told ya the bitching was useless. Glad to know the iPhone camera is better.

Edit: Also. just scheduled an appointment to try and get my phone replaced. My front facing camera has moved out of place and it irritates me, especially since it was not that way when I got the phone. 

:) Got a last second appointment today at 7:50. I will update on the results on if they replace it.

Anyone care to share some other good iPhone 6+ forums that cover apps and accessories? I'm going back to iPhone from Android which I have been on since the EVO wimax shipped in 2010.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Useless bitching commence: Why is it that the iPad air 2 is .8 mm smaller than iPhone 6, and yet the camera is safely tucked inside.

It was a necessary design trade-off, allowing better optics into the iPhone 6 over whats in the iPadA2a  Apple likes clean lines in its product designs so you know they really needed that space.

Anyone care to share some other good iPhone 6+ forums that cover apps and accessories? I'm going back to iPhone from Android which I have been on since the EVO wimax shipped in 2010.

I can tell you ive aleady downloaded nearly 150 apps on my iPhone 6+ 128GB Gold... and theres more then you'd think that are awesome.. I may never use half of them often.. but its sweet to have alot of options

So, I don't know if any of you remember...  But I had to ship my wife's iPhone 6 back to Apple to get the screen replaced.  Instead, they ended up replacing the device and charging the full $299 replacement fee.

Well, yesterday I received my invoice for the repair/replacement that stated, "IPHONE 6 REPAIRABLE CH - $299"

This of course had me intrigued as to why her phone was replaced instead of repaired if it indeed was repairable.  I then called Apple and spoke to a senior advisor who then also talked to dispatch.  Dispatch told her that they have a new system and maybe all of the kinks aren't worked out yet.  She then told me that she doesn't believe that is a good enough reason to charge me for the full $299 instead of the $109 for the screen repair, so she is going to escalate the matter and try to get me a $190 refund put into my account next week. 

I really hope Apple makes this right!  I am sure they will, but the icing on the cake will be that she received a replacement phone so there aren't any scratches or blemishes that had occurred on her previous phone with the shattered screen.  (Oh, and I bought her a case the day we received her replacement!)

I would certainly use the $190 to add Applecare+ to both of our devices, so either way Apple gets my money!  :D

• Like 5

So, I don't know if any of you remember...  But I had to ship my wife's iPhone 6 back to Apple to get the screen replaced.  Instead, they ended up replacing the device and charging the full $299 replacement fee.

Well, yesterday I received my invoice for the repair/replacement that stated, "IPHONE 6 REPAIRABLE CH - $299"

This of course had me intrigued as to why her phone was replaced instead of repaired if it indeed was repairable.  I then called Apple and spoke to a senior advisor who then also talked to dispatch.  Dispatch told her that they have a new system and maybe all of the kinks aren't worked out yet.  She then told me that she doesn't believe that is a good enough reason to charge me for the full $299 instead of the $109 for the screen repair, so she is going to escalate the matter and try to get me a $190 refund put into my account next week. 

I really hope Apple makes this right!  I am sure they will, but the icing on the cake will be that she received a replacement phone so there aren't any scratches or blemishes that had occurred on her previous phone with the shattered screen.  (Oh, and I bought her a case the day we received her replacement!)

I would certainly use the $190 to add Applecare+ to both of our devices, so either way Apple gets my money!  :D

For the most part Apple has a good record in manners like this.  I mentioned before both my iPhone 5c and wife iPhone5 being replaced on the spot ( at the Apple store ) under warranty with no charges.. hers for a home button and mine for a screen issue..

Under what conditions do you feel this happened?

I intentionally went into a building and found a place to loose all 1900mhz services. I'm currently in Gatlinburg, TN, which has B26 and 1x800mhz on a few towers that I've come across. So I knew it was available. I had to go really deep into a totally concrete building to get it to happen.

B26 carries really well in comparison to B25 in these parts as does 1x800 compared to 1x1900 RTT.

• Like 1

Question for iPhone 6+ users. Has anyone tried to install iPad only apps, as in not iPhone compatible, onto their 6+? I have a theory based on Apple's lack of iPad mini upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

TouchArcade.com

iMore.com

9to5mac.com

MacRumors.com

AppleInsider.com

There's a ton more, but those are in my RSS Reader & cover apps, iOS, etc.

• Like 1

I would certainly use the $190 to add Applecare+ to both of our devices, so either way Apple gets my money! :D

I love AppleCare. I had a coworker accidentally spill a beer on my laptop on a conference trip and I thought I was toast. I went to that city's Apple Store, explained the situation, and had a new MacBook Pro in less than a half hour. I think the paperwork took longer than the diagnosis ("water under the keyboard") and swap, honestly.

I'll protect everything with AppleCare. It seriously rocks.

• Like 1

Looking for a good, inexpensive slim case? I love my Ringke Skim. I've used these on my 5 & 5S, and just got one for my 6 to replace my bulky Spigen "Slim" case.

Can't beat $10, either!

iPhone 6 Case - Ringke SLIM iPhone 6 Case 4.7 " [Free HD Film/All A... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N169D3U/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_LqNqub02R7V8Q

• Like 1

Hooray! I received a call today that they are processing my $190 refund!  

• Like 6