iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I stopped using swift key because it wouldn't move messages up when I open the keyboard. Otherwise, I would totally make it permanent.

I use SwiftKey only because I can't use my other hand still and this drives me absolutely insane. I can get it to scroll sometimes but most of the time I can't see what the other person said with the keyboard open.
  • Like 1

Has anybody had any luck with 1x800 on the new iPhones? I can't say that I've experienced any 1x800mhz on my new iPhone 6+. I saw a ton of 1x800 on my G3.

I really don't understand Apple and Sprint's reluctance to allow a 1x800 connection on the iPhone's.

• Like 1

I noticed my front camera is slightly off in the housing on my 6. Wonder if Apple will replace it if it doesn't effect the performance of the camera?

Mine is too. But I personally don't care as long as it doesn't effect the camera

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Has anybody had any luck with 1x800 on the new iPhones? I can't say that I've experienced any 1x800mhz on my new iPhone 6+. I saw a ton of 1x800 on my G3.

I really don't understand Apple and Sprint's reluctance to allow a 1x800 connection on the iPhone's.

I don't think Apple has much to do with it... But who knows

Ill take it. Either that or wifi calling

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

I prolly could use it. I drive on a stretch of road where I only get one bar of 1x. 800 would have me covered more than likely.

Side note. I called 1-800-my-apple and the rep said someone would either open my phone and put the camera where it needs to be or replace the phone. Within 15 min of being on the phone I had an appointment to see them this weekend.

They offered to send me a loaner but they would have to put a hold on my credit card. Decided to pass on they headache.

Honestly...I am constantly seeing Band 26 LTE on my 6Plus. If it wasn't for Band 26, I probably wouldn't have LTE on most of my commute through Baltimore, lol. I get avg speeds of about 3Mbps on Band 26. The old CLEAR towers suck for Band 41 still :-\

Honestly...I am constantly seeing Band 26 LTE on my 6Plus. If it wasn't for Band 26, I probably wouldn't have LTE on most of my commute through Baltimore, lol. I get avg speeds of about 3Mbps on Band 26. The old CLEAR towers suck for Band 41 still :-\

My iPhone 6+ has zero issues connecting to B26 or any other LTE band, for that matter.

My complaint is the lack of 1x800 RTT connection, when my G3 would constantly use it if it was needed. I've yet to see my iPhone 6+ connect to 1x800. It'll hold onto an unusable 1x1900 connection and never switch over.

Not sure whats up.. maybe it wont matter once Sprint VOIP goes online..

Seems Marcelo's plan for Sprint will be band 41 8t8r everywhere as the "go to band" once its all online and everything else will be support.  They said they have over 160 Mhz of 2.5 .. so they are massively under-utilizing that so far.. and of course its not ready for prime as they are re-focusing on better experience in some cities:

"In the second wave of the Band 41 8T8R deployment attack, Sprint will be “going strong after a few cities...focusing on a few critical markets and deploying an experience that hasn't been seen yet in the U.S.”

I like the part, "...deploying an experience that hasn't been seen yet in the U.S."

Have you tried Swype?

Have. Not a fan of the swype feature. I actually disable it on swift key. I prefer to text normally, but swift key is much more accurate and much faster than the iOS keyboard. can't wait till they work out the bugs

Have. Not a fan of the swype feature. I actually disable it on swift key. I prefer to text normally, but swift key is much more accurate and much faster than the iOS keyboard. can't wait till they work out the bugs

Swype is another third party keyboard, not a function of Swift Key:

Swype - Keyboard by Nuance Communications

https://appsto.re/us/RfQN2.i

I placed an order for a 6+ Monday and Tuesday the lease program where I could lease a 6+ for $10/month for 2 years verses easypay $35/month. Anyone think it would be a good idea to cancel the order and just lease it from a finical standpoint? I am assuming you can get the 64g model on lease too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i had asked earlier in the thread as i was hoping it would be better on 1x800 for my wife's sake. In a response to another poster, AJ responded with this

based on his response it sounds like because the iphone6 most likely doesn't use eCSFB and is constantly flipping back and forth polling for incoming calls it wouldn't handle switching between 1900 and 800 very well. and since 800 can't be installed everywhere, they had to use 1900.

i had asked earlier in the thread as i was hoping it would be better on 1x800 for my wife's sake. In a response to another poster, AJ responded with this

based on his response it sounds like because the iphone6 most likely doesn't use eCSFB and is constantly flipping back and forth polling for incoming calls it wouldn't handle switching between 1900 and 800 very well. and since 800 can't be installed everywhere, they had to use 1900.

Although I'm not getting 1x800 RTT.. i havent looked much for it in Ohio.. but Im going to make sure.

I thought one of the benefits is faster call connection.. eCSFB performs CS call setup while the UE still camp on LTE. after the UE redirect to legacy CS domain, the UE can start CS communication immediately.. On my iPhone 5c.. and my wife's iPhone 5 often the person calling would hear it ring 3 times on their side before it rang once for the person being called.  It seems like calls are initiating much faster on the iPhone 6, despite supposed lack of eCSFB

There a thread or the $5/$10 lease option (6/6+) for existing customers yet? http://hothardware.com/m/News/Sprint-Offers-Existing-Customers-Chance-To-Lease-An-iPhone-6-For-5-Per-Month/default.aspx

FYI the lease plan and $20/month Loyalty Service Credit is not available to people still on the Framily plan. I tried to go from an easy pay buy to the lease but would have had to charge my plan.

My 6 connects to band 26 less than my 5s did. It hangs on to both pcs carriers in the Chicagoland area for dear life before usually dropping to 3G. We have a unique situation in our market with 2 pcs carriers, and I'm just going to attribute my issue to the tower not being configured for band handoffs properly. I see band 25 hang on around -115 and up now constantly. That never used to happen.

I actually connected to 1x800 today... I noticed a 5 bar signal more than half a mile from the site (this never happens unless I can physically see the cell site :P) so I checked field test and sure enough the Band Class said "Secondary 800 MHz". Then the light changed to green so I couldn't get a screenshot. :(

• Like 2