Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Was checking the coverage map for sprint and a survey comes up out the coverage part of the site. It asked much needed questions about ease of use and if the map was visually appealing. The survey also asked for recommendations on how to improve/change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got that the other day as well. I made sure to explicitly state that I wanted a bigger map.

• Like 1

I got that the other day as well. I made sure to explicitly state that I wanted a bigger map.

Is that the only thing you wished were bigger?

;)

AJ

• Like 7

I said the same thing too but also to make the map more visually pleasing. Also a nice to have which would be for the map to follow the color scheme of sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im assuming you mean in NJ, in NYC (Bronx, Manhattan, BK and Queens) I find that Tmobile does decent outdoors. Indoors is questionable. 

Where I live, Tmobile goes from H to LTE back and fourth, until you hit the hallways of my building, then it goes dead! Zero signal. Whereas my Sprint will park on B26. I see this trend alot in the city.

But, Tmobile does well outdoors, about the same as Sprint, sometimes faster sometimes slower. 

Yep, my experience with Sprint here in Queens is a little different. B26 doesn't reach much further than B25, so it's pretty much a wash. I walk into my apartment building parked on B41. As I get into the elevator, my phone switches to B26, to 1x, and eventually back to B41 once I'm in my apartment. It helps that I'm on the top floor and the Sprint site is a few blocks away.

Would be interesting to know how Sprint is doing on the $20bil commitment 

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/03/sprint-places-20-billion-order-for-next-iphone-hinges-company/

Now that Sprint has Brightstar handling the device logistics, I'm sure they worked that out and did a great job with it.

Would be interesting to know how Sprint is doing on the $20bil commitment 

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/03/sprint-places-20-billion-order-for-next-iphone-hinges-company/

I was wondering the same thing recently, and kind of assumed that they might be cutting it close, given that they seem to be pushing the iPhone more than other smartphones since the unlimited plan is $10 cheaper with the iPhone. With a little bit of research though, it looks like they're on track to meet their obligations.

From their 2013 10-K filing:

Apple Contract
Our commitment with Apple requires us to purchase a minimum number of smartphones. Since our launch of the iPhone, we have sold in excess of 15 million iPhones and continue to project that we will meet our minimum obligation over the contract term.

Source: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/101830/000010183014000012/sprintcorp201310-k.htm

Granted, 2013 is long past, but I think it's reasonable to assume that Sprint sold and will sell at least the same number of iPhones in 2014 and 2015 as it averaged in 2012/2013 (~7.5 million/year), putting them right around the 30.5 million number that they're rumored to have committed to buying. It'll be interesting to see what their 2014 10-K says, once it is released. I'm guessing they'll have sold more than 7.5 million.

• Like 3

You can't bring that kind of objective thinking in here. It destroys the narrative. ;)

How about they are both improving?

Sent from my SM-N910T

He didn't say that T-Mobile wasn't improving.  He was talking about the T-mo Trolls who constantly harp on how Sprint sucks are in denial.  And they are.  They tend to discount any metric that shows Sprint is improving.

Maxsilver, if objective thinking were not allowed, you would not be welcome here, now would you?  I don't find your criticism accurate or fair.  We don't chase off good conversation, just trolls.

• Like 9

Sprint doubled the download and upload. That shows you have beastly Band 41 can handle. So much more capacity.

Just wait for CA to start firing up. That's when you should get the popcorn ready.

• Like 1

Just wait for CA to start firing up. That's when you should get the popcorn ready.

I just hope back haul can get to the sites in a timely manner.

I've seen sites with b41 equipment that sit idle for months.