Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Laugh it up now. If Sprint is testing music with no data then their own version of binge on could be next.

If so, you can thank T-Mobile for that.  It is "disrupting" Net Neutrality.

AJ

• Like 8

More Sprint personnel announcements:

John Stevens Named Sprint President, Central Texas Region

Link: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/john-stevens-named-sprint-president-central-texas-region.htm?view_id=12582

Michael Miess Joins Sprint as President, North Carolina and South Carolina Region

Link: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/michael-miess-joins-sprint-as-president-north-carolina-and-south-carolina-region.htm?view_id=12582

• Like 3

Laugh it up now. If Sprint is testing music with no data then their own version of binge on could be next.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

While the thought of this net neutrality killing feature is headache inducing. It's clear Sprint does have the capacity to endure more so than T-Mobile.

Let's just hope it never comes to fruition on post paid Sprint service.

• Like 4

If so, you can thank T-Mobile for that.  It is "disrupting" Net Neutrality.

AJ

Odds of Verizon "noting" this disruption when the Net Neutrality case reaches the courts? 100%. 

• Like 2

While the thought of this net neutrality killing feature is headache inducing. It's clear Sprint does have the capacity to endure more so than T-Mobile.

Let's just hope it never comes to fruition on post paid Sprint service.

Endure? Are you referring to Sprint's spectrum holdings?

Better believe Verizon is enjoying this fiasco play out so they can come out stomping on net neutrality the first chance they get.

You know Verizon has to be thinking that "they can do the free candy, why can't we?" Funny that T-Mobile's own TV product (that Go90 probably had more people watching on the first day) is also zero-rated, isn't that technically like what Verizon is with Go90?

• Like 1

Gotta love Sprint, I got my first bill which is $157.63 due on Christmas Day.  I checked it this morning and they waived both $36 activation fees and now its not due til January 2nd, for a total of $77.83 for two lines.   :)

Funny thing is that I didn't call Sprint.

• Like 6

Some more personnel announcements...

Link: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/kevin-crull-appointed-sprint-president-for-the-central-area-roger-sol-appointed-chief-marketing-officer.htm

Effective immediately:

Roger Solé is replacing Kevin Crull as Chief Marketing Officer.

Kevin Crull will now serve as President for the Central Area.

Considering Kevin Crull only joined Sprint as Chief Marketing Officer in May of this year, this is quite surprising. Roger Solé joined Sprint in April of this year.

Either Marcelo believes Kevin wasn't doing a good job, or that Roger can do it better.

• Like 2

I'm not surprised. I called it. It's too irresistible to carriers. And after Chairman Wheeler's stupid public endorsement, he can't stop the others from doing it.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

I'm not surprised. I called it. It's too irresistible to carriers. And after Chairman Wheeler's stupid public endorsement, he can't stop the others from doing it.

Maybe I never looked into it enough but for TMobile's and other's free music streaming, does TMobile charge those streaming service providers a premium to allow their service to be streamed without it counting against the user's data allotment?

Allowing free streaming is one thing.  Charging the service provider a premium to allow the free streaming is the exact opposite of Net Neutrality.

Maybe I never looked into it enough but for TMobile's and other's free music streaming, does TMobile charge those streaming service providers a premium to allow their service to be streamed without it counting against the user's data allotment?

Allowing free streaming is one thing. Charging the service provider a premium to allow the free streaming is the exact opposite of Net Neutrality.

How Tmo establishes their gateway is irrelevant. Others will not do it the same way. And consumers won't care about the differences. They will just be happy that Verizon offers similar services thast don't count toward their cap. The citizenry doesn't care about gatekeepers and who pays who. They care about what they 'think' they're getting for free. This is a problem.

• Like 10

I will leave this one here.

The key here is this was done on Q1 commercial equipment.

Nokia Networks, together with SK Telecom, demonstrated 428 Mbps data transmission rates through the industry's first TD-LTE 3xCA with 256QAM, which utilized a Qualcomm Snapdragon X12 LTE modem from Qualcomm.

From what I've been reading, Sprint's rolling out 3rd B41 carriers in Q1/Q2 next year and the X12 LTE modem from Qualcomm will be bundled with the Snapdragon 820.

I dont mind freebies at face value. But the obfuscation it will cause towards competitive data pricing is awful. If all data were treated equally, we should see data buckets slowly grow larger and larger as time progresses. But with this garbage, I expect to see bucket pricing remain stagnant if not go backwards. Verizon will be the first to back what you can get for $100 down from 18GB to 10 GB with "as much Go90 as you can handle!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I dont mind freebies at face value. But the obfuscation it will cause towards competitive data pricing is awful. If all data were treated equally, we should see data buckets slowly grow larger and larger as time progresses. But with this garbage, I expect to see bucket pricing remain stagnant if not go backwards. Verizon will be the first to back what you can get for $100 down from 18GB to 10 GB with "as much Go90 as you can handle!"

Hell, that's already what T-Mobile is doing.  Reducing the data buckets of users to promote BingeOn.  (ie: 10GB to 6GB/line.)

• Like 1

Hell, that's already what T-Mobile is doing.  Reducing the data buckets of users to promote BingeOn.  (ie: 10GB to 6GB/line.)

I cannot wait for some of the T-Mobile customers to get their first bill and find out some of what they were watching was not part of BingeOn.  Love to see some of the complaints to Legere on that one.

• Like 1

I'm starting to notice that sprint is winning a lot more reliability awards than last go around. If thy can get the upload together sprint will be golden in a lot of places.

I'm starting to notice that sprint is winning a lot more reliability awards than last go around. If thy can get the upload together sprint will be golden in a lot of places.

I've also noticed ATT falling behind in a lot on markets. They seem to be really good on a market, or really bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 3

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/washington-dc/2015/2H

Slowly catching up in the nation capital.

And it looks like T-Mobile data speeds were 14 Mbps downlink, 17 Mbps uplink.  That network is becoming imbalanced.

AJ

• Like 8

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/washington-dc/2015/2H

Slowly catching up in the nation capital.

Sprint's median download speed almost doubled since February.  I can't wait to see these reports next year when B41 starts showing up around every street corner in metro areas.