Holy frac...T-Mobile family plan for 4 lines down to $100/month

bigsnake49

"Offer ends 9/30/14. Pricing for 4 lines only.10GB data per line/month until 1/2/16; then 1GB data per line.  Taxes & fees addit’l. Visit t-mobile.com for offer and coverage details."

I edited my post because I don't want this thread to turn into a magenta war zone. The previous post was a little aggressive.

• Like 1

And in fine print it says "UPDATE: Brad Molen has spotted some fine print for the new T-Mobile plan — apparently it will only offer 10GB of data for the first 16 months, after which it will go down to 4GB per month, much like Sprint’s “Framily” plan. That said, this still looks like a better deal at $100 per month, even if the 10GB monthly allotment only lasts for a year and four months.

Legerre, the queen of bullshit.  "Offer ends 9/30/14. Pricing for 4 lines only.10GB data per line/month until 1/2/16; then 1GB data per line.  Taxes & fees addit’l. Visit t-mobile.com for offer and coverage details."

They tacked on an additional 1.5GB of data to their lowest data plans. Is there any movement on the whole Sprint TMO merger?

-Luis

They tacked on an additional 1.5GB of data to their lowest data plans. Is there any movement on the whole Sprint TMO merger?

-Luis

Why is he insinuating that Sprint's Framily plan is going to stab you in the back like TMO-US's bag of tricks?

That's called "misrepresenting facts."

Can I file a complaint to the FCC?

Why is he insinuating that Sprint's Framily plan is going to stab you in the back like TMO-US's bag of tricks?

That's called "misrepresenting facts."

Can I file a complaint to the FCC?

If the FCC got involved anytime the media messed things up, it would probably triple their budget.

• Like 2

No, sorry. I meant to quote what you quoted. Sorry for the error.

Can you post a link to what you quoted?

Alright, no worries. I was just really confused, I never even mentioned Framily! It was actually someone else who I was quoting.

At the same time, I don't believe it was meant to misrepresent sprint, but rather state that the data allotment goes down to 4GB, much like how sprint has a 4GB data allotment (I presume).

-Luis

Sprint should drop the lowest Framily rate to $20 or $15.

In return, margins can be improved by offering compelling add-on services, apps, and accessories.

• Like 2

Alright, no worries. I was just really confused, I never even mentioned Framily! It was actually someone else who I was quoting.

At the same time, I don't believe it was meant to misrepresent sprint, but rather state that the data allotment goes down to 4GB, much like how sprint has a 4GB data allotment (I presume).

-Luis

You presume wrong. For $25 dollars @ 7+ Framily members, you get 1GB of data. Add $10 dollars you get 3GB's at $15 per GB in overages. $20 dollars Unlimited Data. Not throttling, no slowdowns. Well, unless you're a data hog on one particular cell tower, but once you leave that select tower, to another tower, you're speeds will go back to normal. The throttle doesn't follow you where ever you go.

Sprint, if a bit more expensive, offers you the whole enchilada. With comparable coverage to AT&T.

• Like 1

I should note that 10gb is for all four lines. So 2.5gb each.

There seems to be some discrepancy in the fine print.  "10GB data per line/month until 1/2/16; then 1GB data per line."  That would indicate 10 GB per line, then 1 GB per line, but it hardly seems plausible.  What is the accurate data allocation?

AJ

There seems to be some discrepancy in the fine print.  "10GB data per line/month until 1/2/16; then 1GB data per line."  That would indicate 10 GB per line, then 1 GB per line, but it hardly seems plausible.  What is the accurate data allocation?

AJ

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/issues-insights-blog/plus-ten.htm

...There seems to be some discrepancy... What is the accurate data allocation?

AJ

2.5GB per person. Feb. 2016, downgrades to 1GB per person. This is the "Pump and Dump" strategy that I've been fearing would come out of the rotting woodwork of T-Mobile.

• Like 3

T-Mobile had to go back and fix the fine print:  "2.5 GB data per line/month until 1/2/16; then 1GB data per line."

Somebody must have wet his magenta panties with excitement, failed to proofread, and jumped the gun.

AJ

• Like 2

You presume wrong. For $25 dollars @ 7+ Framily members, you get 1GB of data. Add $10 dollars you get 3GB's at $15 per GB in overages. $20 dollars Unlimited Data. Not throttling, no slowdowns. Well, unless you're a data hog on one particular cell tower, but once you leave that select tower, to another tower, you're speeds will go back to normal. The throttle doesn't follow you where ever you go.

Sprint, if a bit more expensive, offers you the whole enchilada. With comparable coverage to AT&T.

coverage is very varied by location. I can tell you that sprint does not come close to att levels of coverage in Miami. But they are talking about the equivalent for four lines on sprint not 7. You should only compare apples to apples, just got they compared 4 lines for att and big red. Sure the framily is cheaper when you have 7+ but that's not they are taking about. Also this isn't a shot at sprint but at att. They made the chart just for comparisons.

-Luis

2.5GB per person. Feb. 2016, downgrades to 1GB per person. This is the "Pump and Dump" strategy that I've been fearing would come out of the rotting woodwork of T-Mobile.

Seems to me that T-Mobile is activating all these new plans and programs knowing that they are going to be bought out. Sprint will be the bad guy when Sprint buys T-Mobile out and cancel a good bit of these uncarrier moves.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

I don't understand what you mean by pump and dump. Please explain.

-Luis