CyanogenMod OnePlus

kojitsari

I didn't see a thread for this phone yet so I thought I'd start one. Its the one plus made by CyanogenMod. It only costs 300 for a 16gb or 350 for 64gbs of storage and has specs to beat the current flagship phones. This seems like a phone to do battle with the n5, assuming the rf performance is good. What are everyone's thoughts?

Here's a review of it on Tom's hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oneplus-android-smartphone-google-cyanogenmod,26610.html#xtor=RSS-998

Doesn't work on Sprint? Only a GSM/WCDMA/LTE Device? Damn...

I'm thinking/hoping that a sprint version will be released later and its just a triband issue holding it up. Not sprint wanting to keep a phone that cheap off their network... It sounds astoundingly good and I'm waiting for first hand opinions on it to come out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nope.  I will eat my words, but I doubt it.  A cheap Chinese handset is never going to support CDMA2000 -- not to mention, Sprint's quasi boutique LTE bands.  So, the thoughts here will be minimal.

AJ

• Like 3

Both Sprint and Verizon are ignored, they will never have CDMA chipsets.

Currently, handsets that use Qualcomm LTE capable chipsets also have CDMA2000 capable chipsets.  But that capability will not be implemented.  Count on it.

CDMA2000 is dying.  And the namby pamby Eurasian centric rest of the world is basically flipping the bird at VZW, Sprint, and by extension, the US.  It pisses me off to no end.

AJ

• Like 4

Currently, handsets that use Qualcomm LTE capable chipsets also have CDMA2000 capable chipsets.  But that capability will not be implemented.  Count on it.

CDMA2000 is dying.  And the namby pamby Eurasian centric rest of the world is basically flipping the bird at VZW, Sprint, and by extension, the US.  It pisses me off to no end.

AJ

I didn't know that about the Qualcomm chipset.  I wonder why they are ignoring such a large segment of the market skipping Verizon and Sprint.  Perhaps they didn't want to deal with trying cut a deal to get the IMEI's registered for CDMA to function properly or maybe or was a licensing thing for utilizing the CDMA chipset.

I didn't know that about the Qualcomm chipset.  I wonder why they are ignoring such a large segment of the market skipping Verizon and Sprint.  Perhaps they didn't want to deal with trying cut a deal to get the IMEI's registered for CDMA to function properly or maybe or was a licensing thing for utilizing the CDMA chipset.

Yes, unless my memory is failing me, all of the Snapdragon chipsets that support LTE are full 3GPP/3GPP2.

But it is probably a licensing issue with Qualcomm.  None of the major domestic operators is likely to offer this cheap Chinese handset directly in store or online.  That rules out VZW and Sprint, thus rules out CDMA2000.  Even AT&T and T-Mobile users will probably have to buy this handset elsewhere.

AJ

• Like 1

I think either this phone will explode, or will silently be digging it's own grave here in the US. By not offering it with any carriers, they are ultimately limiting their exposure to the market. Unfortunately, even though the big 4 have moved towards removing subsidies (to some extent) it's practically impossible to operate like the European markets.

It's a nice phone, I'll definitely want to check it out, but they are making a huge mistake by not including CDMA (mostly cause they won't have access to the millions of Verizon customers, also Sprint too :P)

My two cents.

-Luis

This is a Asian phone maker who broke off from OPPO. They're not looking moab the American market, they're looking to sell hard in Europe and Asia and if some people in America get it that's just icing on top. You ever seen a OPPO here in America. You barely see Sony phones here and they have some of the best phones out. America is just not the target for OnePlus.

It's a shame, this phone sounds very enticing and with the large modding community we have, I see a decent sized market for a phone like this.

This is a Asian phone maker who broke off from OPPO. They're not looking moab the American market, they're looking to sell hard in Europe and Asia and if some people in America get it that's just icing on top. You ever seen a OPPO here in America. You barely see Sony phones here and they have some of the best phones out. America is just not the target for OnePlus.

That makes more sense!

-Luis

• 3 months later...

Any report of a CDMA version of the 1+1? Or even one that has b41, 26, and 25?

I would say that there is a zero possibility of a sprint version of this device. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but those guys don't know what they are doing, I swear they are trying everything in their power to not sell their product. Every single decision they have made has been quite laughable when it comes to getting the device in customers hands. Now don't get me wrong I think the device itself is pretty damn good especially for the price but whoever runs the company sucks when it comes to making busines decisions. I don't see them being in business long at all.

• Like 3

I would say that there is a zero possibility of a sprint version of this device. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but those guys don't know what they are doing, I swear they are trying everything in their power to not sell their product. Every single decision they have made has been quite laughable when it comes to getting the device in customers hands. Now don't get me wrong I think the device itself is pretty damn good especially for the price but whoever runs the company sucks when it comes to making busines decisions. I don't see them being in business long at all.

Besides, we'd all need an invite to buy it!

Besides, we'd all need an invite to buy it!

The couple people that I knew that had invites ended up just selling their invites on ebay, lol.

That expires 24 hours after receiving it.

Exactly, what sense does that make? There are a lot of people that really wanted this device and all they have managed to do is basically upset most of their potential customers. Not to mention their support department is non existent.

• Like 1