Samsung Galaxy S5 User Thread

LuisBOSS302

For those of you curious about what it looks like, you could try the leaked NKD build.  But I caution anyone who wants to try NL2 or NKD: If you don't know how to manually update or want it fully supported by Sprint, don't flash either.  NL2 was a RC but word is it failed QC.  I'm going to assume that OA6 (since nothing since then and it's been a few days) is the new RC, which is also interesting since it is 5.0.1.

• Like 2

So i went into sprint and them reflash my phone, and got android 5.0

(Photo snip)

Q: Did you go to a corp store or reseller?

If you don't know, can you tell me where it is and I can find out.

From what I have been told this build has some significant issues.  And since it's not official, you're going to have to manually update to whatever is the official release using Odin.

From what I have been told this build has some significant issues.  And since it's not official, you're going to have to manually update to whatever is the official release using Odin.

Official release is NL5. 

There are builds like NL2 and NL5 and whatnot available to Sprint workers and an official OTA update will come out later this week or next. 

Edited by lilotimz
edit

yep a corporate store. It does have quite a few issues. The bad battery life is my main concern...dropped 25% in less than half an hour
  • Like 1

Ladies, please. Share with the group, don't bogart the goods

You know me well enough to know that I share what I can - so long as I don't get the folks who share this info in trouble.

Edited by garwynn
  • Like 1

Well after half an hour the battery has calmed down, and seems to be running more smooth. So far no major issues other than the first few hiccups.

• Like 1

Facebook isnt working on android 5 :( wont open at all. Sent a report away. Sugnal check pro works awesome, screen is now smooth, runs like a 3d imax movie. Id suggest anyone wanting to, to go to a sprint corporate store and ask for a reflssh to test out lollipop

Facebook isnt working on android 5 :( wont open at all. Sent a report away. Sugnal check pro works awesome, screen is now smooth, runs like a 3d imax movie. Id suggest anyone wanting to, to go to a sprint corporate store and ask for a reflssh to test out lollipop

My question is this: How do you plan on handling future updates since you're getting an unofficial version? For most users savvy enough to flash in Odin or a custom ZIP, that's easy; most customers don't want (or know) how to deal with that though.

It's honestly surprising Sprint hasn't pulled it off their internal servers or locked down access.  Perhaps they're not too concerned about this release getting out, though they will if people can't update to the correct release.

Edited by garwynn

My question is this: How do you plan on handling future updates since you're getting an unofficial version? For most users savvy enough to flash in Odin or a custom ZIP, that's easy; most customers don't want (or know) how to deal with that though.

It's honestly surprising Sprint hasn't pulled it off their internal servers or locked down access.  Perhaps they're not too concerned about this release getting out, though they will if people can't update to the correct release.

It wont be too hard go odin flash the new.update. I wanted to see about trying out the new update Without having to basically void warranty. And once the update comes out sprint will have it and i can take it there if I wanted too.

OA6 coming tomorrow!

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059726/85807?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

XDA post with lotso information -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2765798

How to grab the GOTA link to share: (from Droid-Life posting)

• Install the Android SDK, enable USB debugging (does NOT require root), (great video from @qbking77
    ) on your computer
  • When prompted to download an update, immediately plug your phone into that computer (with the SDK installed)
  • From that computer open a command prompt and type "adb devices" which will start the daemon, then type "adb logcat" and hit enter (information will start spewing from your phone to the command window)
  • THEN tap the download the update button on your phone, monitor the information from the logcat and find the URL (should start with "android.clients.google.com")
  • Might be easiest to copy the logcat into a text file and search for it (capture using command: adb logcat -d > logcat.txt) as the information might be too fast and furious on screen to read any of it
  • Once you have the URL, please post it in this thread so we can all grab it
  • Like 2

Sorry folks, we're busy remodeling our kitchen (rip existing crap floor - particle board - and replace with 23/32 plywood, cabinets ripped out and replace when they arrive, tile / hardiebacker / etc, new sink + fixture, baseboard....

So I haven't really had much time to look at her phone. I do remember her saying Facebook wouldn't start, but she mostly uses her phone to read the kindle unlimited junk....

Y'all will likely have lollipop and running it a couple weeks by the time i slow down enough to fool with it (mid March is my estimate on kitchen and bathroom).

Once we finish the current job, we got entire guest bathroom to remodel, shower and all...

Not the best fun in the world, but a solid investment.

Sent from my LGLS990

Everything does open up better but its due to ART being the standard. Visually its a simple makeover thats pleasing to the eye, but an option for a darker skin would be nice. The only thing i am annoyed about is that when you hit volume down, you are unable to adjust notification volume.